EXPIRED - Direct Sales Incentives - Summer 2020 - Expanded list!

How about the same as current owners?

If you’re buying a small contract anyway, you’re only saving $2-$15 pp for contracts under 150. You can always buy a small resale contract then get the discount but by the time it takes to get that contract, this discount would be over.

I had forgotten about guaranteed weeks! Okay, that was the tipping point for us.

We just decided to pull the trigger on CCV. We bought 236 points, in 2 118 point contracts (easy to pass on to our two children), with Fixed Week 47 (most years, that's Thanksgiving week) for the first contract and Fixed Week 48 (end November to first weekend of December).

It does mean every now and again (I think 2029 is the first time we have to worry about it), Week 47 will fall AFTER Thanksgiving. But the vast majority of the time, this will give us Thanksgiving and the first week of December, and that is such an awesome period to lock in.

I DID debate trying to secure TWO studios for Week 47, so that I could leave Thanksgiving week for each son, or guarantee 2 studios for all 4 of us. But they are now 16 and 13, and thinking that if we do Thanksgiving with them, we'll take our chance with booking them an extra room or upgrading to a 2 BR. I am selfishly thinking of that period where my husband and I are traveling alone in 5+ years and/or retired in 20+ years, and having those two weeks in Disney in a CCV studio guaranteed is just so sweet. Does mean the boys will have to figure out who gets what week when we pass them on. :)

Now I need to go back to our finances and figure out how to balance this in. I was able to get approval to spread it out over 90 days on my Disney Visa, so I'll get 0% financing for 6-9 months while I figure things out. May need to actually sell one of our existing contracts to help pay for this, and/or back out of one we have submitted now to ROFR, since I was NOT expecting to spend this much at this time, but this was too good a deal and gives us the direct benefits and guaranteed weeks, so I couldn't resist.

I am going through the same thought process right now, and actually your post inspired me to research fixed weeks more and I really see the value (especially at CC during Holidays). We have 2 twin daughters (6), so we are thinking 2 FW for Thanksgiving is a great option to pass something on to them that maybe one day they can share with their families. Or, like you said, we have 2 studios at the same time to share with family or we can convert to a 2 bedroom (probably not a full 7 nights though). It's such a hard decision, as we are also considering weeks 48 or 49. I also already own a resale at Poly, and if it gets too much we can always let that go as Poly availability at 7 months is pretty decent. I've been all over the place with this, and am hopeful to make a decision soon.

Still tempted to buy into RIV....but the dang resale restriction keeps holding me back.

I am likely jumping in to RIV for 300 points and selling off my BWV contract after our March trip. The $155/point price I figure accounts for that resale restriction good enough.

If I were to buy CCV for $195-$215 (would only get 100-150 points and keep BWV) I would likely be able to sell it for $150 and lose roughly $45-$65/point. Well that means I would only need to sell my RIV contract for around $90-$110/point which I think is doable.

I just realized that I want to stay in the Epcot area and there may not be another chance for 22 years to buy in to a new resort in the area. Also while in the short run I think resale value might be hurt at RIV in 10-20 year time frame you will have BWV/BCV winding down with RIV being the only game in town for Epcot resorts followed by resale restricted (and likely higher point requirement) BWV/BCV being sold again.

Resale restrictions are going to be common place and in 2054 you will have a majority of points that are resale restricted as SSR expires.

If I were to buy CCV for $195-$215 (would only get 100-150 points and keep BWV) I would likely be able to sell it for $150 and lose roughly $45-$65/point. Well that means I would only need to sell my RIV contract for around $90-$110/point which I think is doable.

I just realized that I want to stay in the Epcot area and there may not be another chance for 22 years to buy in to a new resort in the area. Also while in the short run I think resale value might be hurt at RIV in 10-20 year time frame you will have BWV/BCV winding down with RIV being the only game in town for Epcot resorts followed by resale restricted (and likely higher point requirement) BWV/BCV being sold again.

Resale restrictions are going to be common place and in 2054 you will have a majority of points that are resale restricted as SSR expires.

That was our thinking before buying. Can't overgeneralise the current market conditions into the next 10-20 years because it is going to change over time.

I am going through the same thought process right now, and actually your post inspired me to research fixed weeks more and I really see the value (especially at CC during Holidays). We have 2 twin daughters (6), so we are thinking 2 FW for Thanksgiving is a great option to pass something on to them that maybe one day they can share with their families. Or, like you said, we have 2 studios at the same time to share with family or we can convert to a 2 bedroom (probably not a full 7 nights though). It's such a hard decision, as we are also considering weeks 48 or 49. I also already own a resale at Poly, and if it gets too much we can always let that go as Poly availability at 7 months is pretty decent. I've been all over the place with this, and am hopeful to make a decision soon.

This reminded me of a previous discussion I had seen on a FW for Thanksgiving - it is not always going to be on the same week. It's still a good timeshare week to own, but note that you won't always be there for Thanksgiving if that is the goal.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/for-those-with-fixed-guaranteed-weeks.3781332/post-61320172

I had read somewhere here in the forums that the resale restrictions *may* be illegal. I'm hoping by 2054, when there are enough resale purchasers and if it starts to affect availability even for owners at their home resort, that there'd be some action against Disney on this. One can hope...right? :rolleyes1 Otherwise, by 2054, all resale points (purchased before and after January 2019) will feel like there are restrictions since there were be fewer resorts to trade in and more competition from "DVC2".

I had read somewhere here in the forums that the resale restrictions *may* be illegal. I'm hoping by 2054, when there are enough resale purchasers and if it starts to affect availability even for owners at their home resort, that there'd be some action against Disney on this. One can hope...right? :rolleyes1 Otherwise, by 2054, all resale points (purchased before and after January 2019) will feel like there are restrictions since there were be fewer resorts to trade in and more competition from "DVC2".

The issue you have is every resale purchase is signing a contract saying they are unable to stay at RIV or future locations.

I find it unlikely that resale restrictions get removed at this point it just makes too much sense longterm for Disney.

The issue you have is every resale purchase is signing a contract saying they are unable to stay at RIV or future locations.

I find it unlikely that resale restrictions get removed at this point it just makes too much sense longterm for Disney.
I don’t think you can be contractually bound to something if it is found to be illegal.

Except I am not sure how it would be illegal. Your contract is amended to say you are unable to stay at RIV. Not a legal expert but thats partly how amendments work in my mind. They outline a change to the underlying contract that once you sign off on you are agreeing to.

Thats why I say Disney is smart to just grandfather people in so it never even gets challenged.

Except I am not sure how it would be illegal. Your contract is amended to say you are unable to stay at RIV. Not a legal expert but thats partly how amendments work in my mind. They outline a change to the underlying contract that once you sign off on you are agreeing to.

Thats why I say Disney is smart to just grandfather people in so it never even gets challenged.
I’m not commenting on the larger issue of if the resale restrictions are legal or not. I’ve seen some speculation that they are illegal and I will let others with more expertise comment on that. All I’m saying is that if they are illegal, it does not matter what resale buyers signed when they made the purchase. If the conditions are illegal, Disney can’t just say “well, you signed this paper that said you agreed to the illegal thing” and get away with it

I’m not commenting on the larger issue of if the resale restrictions are legal or not. I’ve seen some speculation that they are illegal and I will let others with more expertise comment on that. All I’m saying is that if they are illegal, it does not matter what resale buyers signed when they made the purchase. If the conditions are illegal, Disney can’t just say “well, you signed this paper that said you agreed to the illegal thing” and get away with it

I honestly would not even consider the chance it gets overturned ever in the idea of what you are buying. Would also have to see context to the argument.

I am likely jumping in to RIV for 300 points and selling off my BWV contract after our March trip. The $155/point price I figure accounts for that resale restriction good enough.

I do think Disney would be smart to either convert some of the Yacht Club to DVC or build a wing of the Yacht club for DVC. For as high as Beach club sells for and how popular it is, people would love to buy a Yacht club DVC contract that's good for 50 years from now. That's why we bought Riviera. I wanted nothing to do with the 2042 resorts as I'm 31 and plan to go to WDW with my wife and our kids for the next 40-50 years.

I do think Disney would be smart to either convert some of the Yacht Club to DVC or build a wing of the Yacht club for DVC. For as high as Beach club sells for and how popular it is, people would love to buy a Yacht club DVC contract that's good for 50 years from now. That's why we bought Riviera. I wanted nothing to do with the 2042 resorts as I'm 31 and plan to go to WDW with my wife and our kids for the next 40-50 years.
Yatch Club DVC or an newly converted to DVC Boardwalk wing would be enough to make us buy with no questions asked. It only seems logical given the sluggish Riviera sales, seemingly cancelled Reflections, and how popular those resorts are among existing DVC members

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter