Dis Breast Cancer Survivors Part IV - GAGWTA

Thistle Mae and kitty lady - thinking of both of you

Ds1 is progressing. Using the cane and took a real
Shower today. Got the staples out. One got stuck so she said go to urgent care. Dh came home and looked at the staple remover she left. He took a plier and bent it and then proceeded to take out the twisted and embedded staple. Yup same guy who did liked 300 dressing changes on me. Love this guy!

Ds is suppose to start outpatient pt thurs. If he can get there.

Ds3 is taking me for the blood test today and dh is off to South Korea on sat.

GAGWTA

Thanks LMP! I've completed 3 of my radiation treatments, with 27 left to go. So far, so good I guess. It's very quick, I'll give it that, but I'm sure this going every day thing is going to get old very fast. Oh well, we do what we have to do to hopefully prevent any of this stuff from coming back, right?

Glad your DS1 is going well. Wow with your husband and the plier! Yikes!

Hope all goes well with the blood test!

Hi Kitty Lady and LMP...Wow, things are moving right along with you folks. The pliers...yikes! Hopefully Kitty lady you get some kind of treat for yourself, for everyday you go... a little reward for all your hard work...a bit of chocolate always helps. My biopsy came back clean for uterine cancer...so yeah on that front. I go for my 6 month check on my breast cancer next month...it's always a wait a see what happens game. I bought myself a camper this weekend.... in case I'm going to die treat...LOL! I'm making a big life change and going to camp for the entire summer with my sister in N. Conway NH on the Saco River. Everyone there is so nice and friendly, they all like to kid around and we have camp fires at night and do activities. I'm really looking forward to my new lifestyle change. And...bringing my three cats to camp with me! They may not like it as much as I do, they don't like change, but they will have to adjust, just like the rest of us scrappers!

Thistle Mae - so glad for your good test results. Your new life adventure sounds great. We had an old pastor years ago who actually was from North Conway. I have seen pictures and its beautiful up there. I know you will enjoy yourself

kitty lady - I hope the rads are progressing well for you. Hang in there!

Well I got the results of my latest blood test and things are going down so that is a good thing. My number was 2/25 and now its 1.57. It as undetectable a time ago and that is where she wants it again so she upped my med a little. I have to get a blood retest in two months, never ends here sigh.

Dh didnt use the pliers to pull the staple out, he just fixed the staple remover with them and used that lol! He is tired in Korea. Its his last day, hooray! Then the never ending plane trip back. He will arrive sat. night I think.

Ds1 is making slow steady progress in pt. It will take a while.

Linda - you will appreciate this - Ds3 had to go walk a patients emotional therapy dog. No one knows what do to with it. It didnt have food for a day yikes! He said the ethics committee, health committee etc. is all freaking out and having meetings. He took the dog, said come on puppy and said everyone in the elevator was trying to pet it. Yup add that do his duties lol!! The pt. doesnt really speak so no one knows the dogs name.

GAGWTA

Thanks LMP! I've completed 3 of my radiation treatments, with 27 left to go. So far, so good I guess. It's very quick, I'll give it that, but I'm sure this going every day thing is going to get old very fast. Oh well, we do what we have to do to hopefully prevent any of this stuff from coming back, right?

Glad your DS1 is going well. Wow with your husband and the plier! Yikes!

Hope all goes well with the blood test!

I cried when they told me I needed 7 weeks of radiation. It seemed to last forever and I had an AWFUL time with burning etc but once it was over I was so relieved. It was my last phase of the active treatment and for me felt like I was done. Then of course I had the expected panic over the fact that nobody was keeping track of me on a regular basis...lol. I started Lupron and Femara in Sept and have graduated to every 3 months. I don't see my MO until December!

Good luck! It will end eventually and you can move on to the next phase and your future :)

Hugs to all ((((((((hugs)))))))

Thistle Mae - so glad for your good test results. Your new life adventure sounds great. We had an old pastor years ago who actually was from North Conway. I have seen pictures and its beautiful up there. I know you will enjoy yourself

Well I got the results of my latest blood test and things are going down so that is a good thing. My number was 2/25 and now its 1.57. It as undetectable a time ago and that is where she wants it again so she upped my med a little. I have to get a blood retest in two months, never ends here sigh.

Dh didnt use the pliers to pull the staple out, he just fixed the staple remover with them and used that lol! He is tired in Korea. Its his last day, hooray! Then the never ending plane trip back. He will arrive sat. night I think.

Linda - you will appreciate this - Ds3 had to go walk a patients emotional therapy dog. No one knows what do to with it. It didnt have food for a day yikes! He said the ethics committee, health committee etc. is all freaking out and having meetings. He took the dog, said come on puppy and said everyone in the elevator was trying to pet it. Yup add that do his duties lol!! The pt. doesnt really speak so no one knows the dogs name.

GAGWTA
Great news on the bloodwork! I don't understand what you said about the dog? What's that situation? No one knows the dogs name and it isn't being cared for...concerning.

Hi everyone, Hope you are all doing well

kittylady - hope the rads are progressing well for you. Hang in there.

dh just got back from 9 days ion the west coast. At least he will be here till after new years. We are in the midst of planning our disney trip for Dec. 14-20. Made the adrs and at least we got some decent paces - hollywood brown derby, kona, chefs since ds wouldnt let us eat there, lol, cape may and then Maraakesh to see the candellight processional with Trace Atkins. We are staying at the Swan as usual. This will be dh first real vacation of the year. He needs it for sure.

Ds1 went for his hip check up yest. Dh drove him to the city. The surgeon said he is healing well and still needs to do physical therapy as he has a limp which he should not have?? Of course do they ever ask questions, no of course not, sigh.

The only medical thing on my agenda this month is a flu shot and then next month another blood test so we will see how that turns out and the mammo. I also have to schedule a pulmonary function test since I am not breathing well. I also have the papers signed to get the handicapped parking permit. We have to go somewhere a few towns away to get it.

Thankful for all of you!
GAGWTA!

Hi, Ladies! Hope you all are doing well. I've been busy, busy! I have been doing some graphic design work for a local charity, visiting with friends in town for Food & Wine, teaching myself Wordpress, designing digital scrapbook kits and I've begun decorating for the holidays. In my spare time, lol, I have decided to study for a Florida Real Estate Sales Associate license. That may take awhile, but it is very interesting.

Health wise, I'm doing well. Lots of aches and pains, but that just tells me I'm alive. Unfortunately, Kendall is having issues related to her fibromyalgia. Weather changes are not her friend!

Here's an example of what keeps me busy! Love designing these little guys for my scrap pages! Thinking of you all!

Cruella.png Maleficent.pngQueen of Hearts.png Ursula.png Wicked Queen.png

dh just got back from 9 days ion the west coast. At least he will be here till after new years. We are in the midst of planning our disney trip for Dec. 14-20. Made the adrs and at least we got some decent paces - hollywood brown derby, kona, chefs since ds wouldnt let us eat there, lol, cape may and then Maraakesh to see the candellight processional with Trace Atkins. We are staying at the Swan as usual. This will be dh first real vacation of the year. He needs it for sure.

Ds1 went for his hip check up yest. Dh drove him to the city. The surgeon said he is healing well and still needs to do physical therapy as he has a limp which he should not have?? Of course do they ever ask questions, no of course not, sigh.

The only medical thing on my agenda this month is a flu shot and then next month another blood test so we will see how that turns out and the mammo. I also have to schedule a pulmonary function test since I am not breathing well. I also have the papers signed to get the handicapped parking permit. We have to go somewhere a few towns away to get it.

Thankful for all of you!
GAGWTA!
So excited that you are going to Disney in December and a little jealous...LOL. When I had my knee replaced the physical therapist said the limp will happen until you retrain your brain to stop limping. Apparently, if you have been limping prior to surgery your muscles memory gets trained to limp, therefore even when you don't need to limp you limp. You have to concentrate on not limping to retrain your brain. And...happy you have only minimal testing and such this month....it's nice to have a break.

Hi, Ladies! Hope you all are doing well. I've been busy, busy! I have been doing some graphic design work for a local charity, visiting with friends in town for Food & Wine, teaching myself Wordpress, designing digital scrapbook kits and I've begun decorating for the holidays. In my spare time, lol, I have decided to study for a Florida Real Estate Sales Associate license. That may take awhile, but it is very interesting.

Health wise, I'm doing well. Lots of aches and pains, but that just tells me I'm alive. Unfortunately, Kendall is having issues related to her fibromyalgia. Weather changes are not her friend!

Here's an example of what keeps me busy! Love designing these little guys for my scrap pages! Thinking of you all!

View attachment 282393 View attachment 282394View attachment 282395 View attachment 282396 View attachment 282397
Awe...love your designs, so cute! I hear you about the aches and pains....good way to look at it. I get new ones weekly. Had the knee replaced, now the Achilles tendon is acting up. Arthritis pops up in new places all the time. It's not bad during the day, it's at night when I lay down. But....happy to be alive! Just had my 6 mos checkup. Everything is good, but my white cell count insists on being low every time and no one seems to think it's anything serious. Even my primary care doesn't seem worried. I'm going to do some more research to see what might be causing it. I think I should be more concerned than they appear to be.

Hi Kitty Lady and LMP...Wow, things are moving right along with you folks. The pliers...yikes! Hopefully Kitty lady you get some kind of treat for yourself, for everyday you go... a little reward for all your hard work...a bit of chocolate always helps. My biopsy came back clean for uterine cancer...so yeah on that front. I go for my 6 month check on my breast cancer next month...it's always a wait a see what happens game. I bought myself a camper this weekend.... in case I'm going to die treat...LOL! I'm making a big life change and going to camp for the entire summer with my sister in N. Conway NH on the Saco River. Everyone there is so nice and friendly, they all like to kid around and we have camp fires at night and do activities. I'm really looking forward to my new lifestyle change. And...bringing my three cats to camp with me! They may not like it as much as I do, they don't like change, but they will have to adjust, just like the rest of us scrappers!

Congrats on the clean biopsy and I love the camping idea...especially with the cats! I'm not sure how my 4 cats would handle that. I haven't really treated myself too much quite yet.

GAGWTA

Things are going just fine for me, yesterday was treatment #20 of 30, so 2/3rd done. I'm definitely red and have some slight pain, the worst is below the breast for sure, which she told me to expect. The RO also told me to expect it to get worse, the worst being about a week beyond treatment, then it will get better, so something to look forward to I guess? I'm using lots of creams and oils to try to keep things okay so we'll see how things go.

I cried when they told me I needed 7 weeks of radiation. It seemed to last forever and I had an AWFUL time with burning etc but once it was over I was so relieved. It was my last phase of the active treatment and for me felt like I was done. Then of course I had the expected panic over the fact that nobody was keeping track of me on a regular basis...lol. I started Lupron and Femara in Sept and have graduated to every 3 months. I don't see my MO until December!

Good luck! It will end eventually and you can move on to the next phase and your future :)

Hugs to all ((((((((hugs)))))))

Aww...sorry about that. I only have about 6 weeks I guess (30 sessions total) and it's definitely getting worse. I just keep thinking 10 MORE SESSIONS and I'm done. I can DO this! I don't really want to think about the next step either, and the constantly fear of if it will return elsewhere. Plus the drugs...yes I'll start those probably before the end of the year.

Thankful for all of you!
GAGWTA!

Things are going okay for me so far (see above responses) but thank you. So excited for you for your Disney trip, we head down there in just less than 4 weeks, returning a few days before you arrive! I am considering a stay at the Dolphin or Swan, but right now we are booked at both POR and Pop Century. We are also doing the CP with dinner at Marrakesh, and our speaker is Kurt Russell! Glad your son is doing well and also thankful for hopefully FEWER doctor appointments for you. Hope the breathing improves too.

Health wise, I'm doing well. Lots of aches and pains, but that just tells me I'm alive. Unfortunately, Kendall is having issues related to her fibromyalgia. Weather changes are not her frien

Aches and pains = alive, great way to look at things for sure. Love the graphics! I took the R/E License classes a long time ago...they were interesting...never took the test for my license though.

Hope everybody else is doing well. I'm glad to be closer to the end of this phase, although a bit worried about how ugly my skin is going to get with 10 more rad sessions. Ouch! Not looking forward to hormone treatments either, reading some nasty stuff about that, but I'm hoping to not start that until December sometime. I've lost just over 30 pounds since my diagnosis in April, and really like the way I look and feel these days, and I'm concerned that hormones are going to throw that all back out the door. Guess I can't worry too much about that, since as long as they do their job and keep the cancer away I will do whatever it takes.

Good luck with the real estate course. I also took it years ago but intended to do it part time but it was too much with my regular job. Good info though. I'm quilting for my cats...LOL. I love picking out material and creating something. I got a part time job as a substitute librarian...LOL. The computer learning curve is steeper than imagined. They don't do little cards in the back of books anymore...showing my age I guess. Oh, I'm also teaching an online course for caregivers taking in their relative's children. This fits in nicely with my background of working with abused/neglected children, so enjoying that very much. Disney in February! Cannot wait! Hope everyone is hanging in and making time for fun....even when you don't think you can do it....sometimes it may be a warm bath and calming music by candlelight....whatever it takes to have a few moments to just be. I wish everyone happy holidays....coming quick. Family is certainly something precious...no matter what happens. Love to All!

Just curious...anyone else begin holiday decorating? My sister thinks I'm crazy, but I so love the holidays. Next week, I want to start wandering the parks taking in the holiday decor. I will start at Magic Kingdom and try a new park every couple of days. I'm not really interested in the rides, I just love the holiday feel!

Just curious...anyone else begin holiday decorating? My sister thinks I'm crazy, but I so love the holidays. Next week, I want to start wandering the parks taking in the holiday decor. I will start at Magic Kingdom and try a new park every couple of days. I'm not really interested in the rides, I just love the holiday feel!
Believe me...if i lived close enough Id do the same thing. Do u know what happened to the Osborne lights? We made the last year they were up. Will something else take their place?

Believe me...if i lived close enough Id do the same thing. Do u know what happened to the Osborne lights? We made the last year they were up. Will something else take their place?

I miss the Osborne Lights. They have a projection mapping show they will be doing on the Tower of Terror. Just not the same.

I miss the Osborne Lights. They have a projection mapping show they will be doing on the Tower of Terror. Just not the same.
Interesting. Hope it's good but Osborne lights was amazing! Why did they end it, you know?

Interesting. Hope it's good but Osborne lights was amazing! Why did they end it, you know?

I would guess they ended since they pretty much demolished the area where they used to be in preparation for all the new stuff at Hollywood Studios (Toy Story Land and Star Wars Land). I don't think there is any talk of them returning. Sad but we loved them also.

Hello all! it's been so busy for us! daughter is doing so good in school, nothing back with less than a 96% so far, she said "I wish I had applied myself like this earlier, I could have been a doctor now" LOL! Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans.
Feralpeg.... I am on your side! I did wait to turn on outdoor Christmas lights until after the November 11th remembrance day, but they are on now! and I will start bringing out christmas decor now. Tree will go up in about a week. I bought myself a beautiful prelit flocked one, I have been wanting one for as long as I can remember!
I am into the city on tuesday for my final oncologist appt!! had my scans and bloodwork done, will find out how things look, I can't believe it's been a full 6 years since the end of my treatments! Now I will just be following up with my regular gp getting yearly blood and scan done, it feels so strange!! Having said that, I will be going for genetic testing, my other sister passed away about 10 days ago. her colon cancer, which had been her 3rd primary cancer came back with a vengeance :( hubby and I had a really good visit with her, talked so much about family and she died that night. I am truly an orphan now.
Because life is short, we are heading back to Disneyland on Dec 17 for the week! our sons widow, is going with her new husband, and asked if we wanted to go. We know it will be hard as much as we do like him, but the chance to spend a week in Disneyland with our dear sons 4 daughters is not something we would miss!! We have started making dinner reservations, it's not as intense as DW I have heard, but you still need to book for the good places like Blue Bayou!
Our gas furnace bit the dust so we have just had to spend $5000 on a new system, I would much rather have spent it down there!! Instead of a furnace we went with a beautiful fireplace that looks like a woodstove, with a huge glass front, it is in ivory enamel, and we are doing tile on the back wall that looks like weathered wood, and the hearth is actual beach pebbles. staying with the seaside theming of the house :) the stove looks amazing! really beautiful, it even has lights built into it that will shine down on the hearth, they can make anything now!
GAGWTA!

Hello all! it's been so busy for us! daughter is doing so good in school, nothing back with less than a 96% so far, she said "I wish I had applied myself like this earlier, I could have been a doctor now" LOL! Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans.
Feralpeg.... I am on your side! I did wait to turn on outdoor Christmas lights until after the November 11th remembrance day, but they are on now! and I will start bringing out christmas decor now. Tree will go up in about a week. I bought myself a beautiful prelit flocked one, I have been wanting one for as long as I can remember!
I am into the city on tuesday for my final oncologist appt!! had my scans and bloodwork done, will find out how things look, I can't believe it's been a full 6 years since the end of my treatments! Now I will just be following up with my regular gp getting yearly blood and scan done, it feels so strange!! Having said that, I will be going for genetic testing, my other sister passed away about 10 days ago. her colon cancer, which had been her 3rd primary cancer came back with a vengeance :( hubby and I had a really good visit with her, talked so much about family and she died that night. I am truly an orphan now.
Because life is short, we are heading back to Disneyland on Dec 17 for the week! our sons widow, is going with her new husband, and asked if we wanted to go. We know it will be hard as much as we do like him, but the chance to spend a week in Disneyland with our dear sons 4 daughters is not something we would miss!! We have started making dinner reservations, it's not as intense as DW I have heard, but you still need to book for the good places like Blue Bayou!
Our gas furnace bit the dust so we have just had to spend $5000 on a new system, I would much rather have spent it down there!! Instead of a furnace we went with a beautiful fireplace that looks like a woodstove, with a huge glass front, it is in ivory enamel, and we are doing tile on the back wall that looks like weathered wood, and the hearth is actual beach pebbles. staying with the seaside theming of the house :) the stove looks amazing! really beautiful, it even has lights built into it that will shine down on the hearth, they can make anything now!
GAGWTA!
Wow...it sounds like things are going great...in spite of your $ 5000 set back. But ...your are going to Disney with your grandkids and are cancer free and you got a lovely new fireplace...what more can a gal hope for! I bought myself a camper....big spend....but I'm going to enjoy the hell out of life. For some reason my bloodwork keeps coming back with a low white cell count...no one seems particularly concerned except me. Evidently it's not enough to send anyone into a panic but what's up with that? I did get genetic testing done and it came back negative, so my doc said I'm just one of the random statistics and got cancer like other random people. It was good news for my daughter and her daughter though. It's good to have it done. My trip to Disney is in February. Family reunion...all my kids and grandkids are going! I've really been focusing on living one day at a time and trying to enjoy every moment I have been given. Cancer really changes your perspective and sorts out the unimportant from the things that really matter. No more wasted time for me. Have a great Disney vacation!

Wow...it sounds like things are going great...in spite of your $ 5000 set back. But ...your are going to Disney with your grandkids and are cancer free and you got a lovely new fireplace...what more can a gal hope for! I bought myself a camper....big spend....but I'm going to enjoy the hell out of life. For some reason my bloodwork keeps coming back with a low white cell count...no one seems particularly concerned except me. Evidently it's not enough to send anyone into a panic but what's up with that? I did get genetic testing done and it came back negative, so my doc said I'm just one of the random statistics and got cancer like other random people. It was good news for my daughter and her daughter though. It's good to have it done. My trip to Disney is in February. Family reunion...all my kids and grandkids are going! I've really been focusing on living one day at a time and trying to enjoy every moment I have been given. Cancer really changes your perspective and sorts out the unimportant from the things that really matter. No more wasted time for me. Have a great Disney vacation!
I still have a low white count 6 years after chemo! same here, no one is bothered about it but me lol! We have been wanting a camper or small trailer for a few years now! I dream of driving down through Big Sur and camping along there, we have driven through a few times, it is so beautiful! I cant wait to maybe see some pictures of you camping! :)

I still have a low white count 6 years after chemo! same here, no one is bothered about it but me lol! We have been wanting a camper or small trailer for a few years now! I dream of driving down through Big Sur and camping along there, we have driven through a few times, it is so beautiful! I cant wait to maybe see some pictures of you camping! :)
Love to post some pics. I am doing the seasonal thing in North Conway NH by the Saco River. I'm bringing my cats with me....lol...they hate car rides. I'm going to start going on little rides with them in the spring to get them ready for the trip. I've been buying and making things for my new camper so it will be cozy. So, no one is worried about your white count either? Also, I get very few if any reasons as to what they think it is. Next doc visit I'm going to have a more serious discussion, and ask for some answers. If it isn't normal, there must be a reason don't u think. I've joined a book club for the first time in my little town. The next book reading is about a woman diagnosed with cancer. Through discussion about the upcoming book I've found out the Librarian and one other member are cancer survivors. I don't know if I want to read the book. My mother died from breast cancer and I think with the Holidays coming up, it will just be too sad for me to read. I think I'm going to skip this book. Anyway, always good to come in hear and read what everyone is up to. I look in here everyday because everyday is one more day I get to live my life and find the joy, as survivors, we can all share....and sometimes sharing the stress as well. Love to All and Happy Thanksgiving!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter