DIS/DISUnplugged/Dreams December Event Info – DISapalooza (continued)

So, is it too early to start planning for DAP 2.0? I'm looking at booking for next December, and according to DW the least problematic time would be over the first weekend...hint hint... :)

From what I can remember Kevin said no TSM party next year, PC 2.0 is in December. I think a lot of people might be coming down early, around the 9th. You should check out the PC cruise threads at the top of the page.

So, is it too early to start planning for DAP 2.0? I'm looking at booking for next December, and according to DW the least problematic time would be over the first weekend...hint hint... :)

It appears that the Podcast Cruise 2.0 *is* DAP this year. The timeframe is the same (December 11-15) and I believe that at least Kevin has already gone on record to say that there will not be an additional event.

Edited to add: JINX! Anna and I posted at the same time.

From what I can remember Kevin said no TSM party next year, PC 2.0 is in December. I think a lot of people might be coming down early, around the 9th. You should check out the PC cruise threads at the top of the page.

Bah! Missed that. We'd probably be leaving on the 9th, so we might be able to cross paths with some...not sure PCC 2.0 will be within the budget this year...this trip is with the in-laws as well.

It appears that the Podcast Cruise 2.0 *is* DAP this year. The timeframe is the same (December 11-15) and I believe that at least Kevin has already gone on record to say that there will not be an additional event.

Edited to add: JINX! Anna and I posted at the same time.

The Podcast Cruise 2.0 is scheduled for 12/12/10.

With the amount of work that goes into DAP and PCC 2.0, I dont believe that we would do both at the same time.

As with the first cruise....DCL will not let us start planning until we get much closer to the date.

I'm sure that there will be things going on prior to the sail date. While it hasnt been officially announced....I'd be shocked if there wasnt a DATW to kick things off. I'd also be surprised if there werent several other things planned for the days leading up to ship's departure.

As Anna has suggested, you should check out the Podcast Cruise sub-forum at the top of the page. Any festivities will be discussed there.

And more importantly.....you should sign up for the cruise. There is still time.:thumbsup2

After all...it's only 11 months away.

With the amount of work that goes into DAP and PCC 2.0, I dont believe that we would do both at the same time.

As with the first cruise....DCL will not let us start planning until we get much closer to the date.

I'm sure that there will be things going on prior to the sail date. While it hasnt been officially announced....I'd be shocked if there wasnt a DATW to kick things off. I'd also be surprised if there werent several other things planned for the days leading up to ship's departure.

As Anna has suggested, you should check out the Podcast Cruise sub-forum at the top of the page. Any festivities will be discussed there.

And more importantly.....you should sign up for the cruise. There is still time.:thumbsup2

Yes, I forgot that PCC 2.0 was around then...

Since we're using our DVC points for this stay (and taking the in-laws, so we're shelling for a 2BR) and not cash, I can't just swing the money over to the cruise :(

But if people are around early in the week for DATW, I'm all for that!

Yes, I forgot that PCC 2.0 was around then...

Since we're using our DVC points for this stay (and taking the in-laws, so we're shelling for a 2BR) and not cash, I can't just swing the money over to the cruise :(

But if people are around early in the week for DATW, I'm all for that!

Easy solution.
  1. Tell the in-laws that they have to wait a year.
  2. Take the DVC points you were going to use in December and rent them out.
  3. Use the proceeds from the rental to book PCC 2.0

And of course the DIS'ers are already doing some advance planning on their own. Check this out

Hello DAP Friends!

I am sorry I am posting this so late! I came home from DAP with a bad case of the Cooties. I was ill until Christmas then went Home for the Holidays. I am now back in Texas and want to say:

I had a fantastic time at DAP! It was so nice to meet so many of you face to face. I can not believe how welcome you all made me feel! I am so lucky to have so many new and wonderful friends. I only wish I has more time to see the people I missed. I guess I have to go on POC 2 to see you all again!

Theresa

Hello DAP Friends!

I am sorry I am posting this so late! I came home from DAP with a bad case of the Cooties. I was ill until Christmas then went Home for the Holidays. I am now back in Texas and want to say:

I had a fantastic time at DAP! It was so nice to meet so many of you face to face. I can not believe how welcome you all made me feel! I am so lucky to have so many new and wonderful friends. I only wish I has more time to see the people I missed. I guess I have to go on POC 2 to see you all again!

Tharesa

I would have to say that was the only thing I didn't care for about DAP, was the lack of time that was spent with everyone. On the cruise that is a little different, we are all staying in the same place and that add to a lot more time to spend with friends!!!!

I would have to say that was the only thing I didn't care for about DAP, was the lack of time that was spent with everyone. On the cruise that is a little different, we are all staying in the same place and that add to a lot more time to spend with friends!!!!

I would have to agree that time to spend with everyone was lacking...

Just feeling sad - I know the cruise is not in the cards this year so I don't get to look forward to the wonderful time spent with friends.

You were at DAP???? I agree!!! Not enough time to see everyone.

Hello DAP Friends!

Theresa

It was great meeting you also! I felt like we had known each for years!

I may need to arrive earlier than planned ... even though I haven't planned anything as of this moment. :)

In case anyone was interested, my Todd-a-Palooza trip report has begun:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2298872

oh consider me subscribed, want to read on what all i missed.

i barely got to talk to anyone at TSM 2.0 which was the only event we did DAP weekend since i had the whole family there. it just wasn't in the cards since i had 13 other people with me and my priority was my son this trip. i felt like i really missed out. i tried to say hi to a few folks, but i am so shy in person too. I did track down Katherine to give her the disney dollar i promised (25th anniv edition) and saw Andrea/Vinny and met Leah too in line. Saw a few others too, but never got to actually say hi, since i was usually taming a tired toddler. sorry i missed all of you.

no PCC 2.0 for us at this point in time, but could happen later. we will see, lots of things going on this year for us that could be challenging (more IVF possibly) and some other trips perhaps that will use up vacation time iwth my new job, so the cruise will have to wait unfortunately. :guilty::sad2:

I agree about the lack of time with everyone. I was not able to spend time with everyone I would have like too.
I really enjoyed my time at DAP especially hanging out with Anne, Todd, Jamie, Anna, Kim, Jen, David, Jessica & Robin.

DH made the deposit on the PCC 2.0!!! I didn't think we were going to be able to do it but it looks like things have worked out so we can go. DH's b-day is 12/12 so it's a b-day trip and I get to play with my friends when I get bored sitting next to him on the pool deck. :cool1:

DH made the deposit on the PCC 2.0!!! I didn't think we were going to be able to do it but it looks like things have worked out so we can go. DH's b-day is 12/12 so it's a b-day trip and I get to play with my friends when I get bored sitting next to him on the pool deck. :cool1:

:cheer2: :welcome: :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!