DIS/DISUnplugged/Dreams December Event Info DISapalooza

Status
Not open for further replies.

WebmasterJohn

Genius
Administrator
As many of you know, last year was the first time the DIS/DISUnplugged/Dreams Unlimited Travel participated in Mousefest. We had such a great time that we immediately committed to participating in future Mousefest events.

Sadly the organizers of Mousefest have decided not to host their annual event this year.

Since the DIS/DISUnplugged/Dreams already committed to participating and holding a party/event this year we are going forward with those plans for December 2009.

I know many of you have been waiting for details on our event/party in December. We still have many of the details to work out but we have identified the dates of 12/11, 12/12 and 12/13 for DIS related events.

Please understand that this is not a replacement for Mousefest. We look forward to the return of Mousefest in the future and working with the organizers when they decide to have it again.

I understand many of you are already planning meets and events on your own for that weekend. I think that is awesome. Please know that we have no interest in organizing any of these individual events. I am really pleased to see these have taken on a ‘grass roots’ feel and that individuals have taken it upon themselves to organize these and work out the details.

We do plan on having a couple of DIS/DISUnplugged/Dreams sponsored/organized events. Again, specifics are in the works but here is what we know so far:

Main Party/Event – the evening of Saturday 12/12/2009

- We are not ready to take waitlist/sign-ups for our main event/party – so please don’t ask. Once we have some specifics worked out we will put up a sign-up form. Until then please be patient.
- We understand that many people will want to attend this year’s party so we are working to ensure we can accommodate as many people as possible so no one is left out.
- We will be charging a small fee to attend this event. This fee is to offset administrative costs and to help ensure everyone who signed up for the party attends. Last year we had some people sign-up who didn’t attend – and since Disney charges us ‘per head’ for these events we wound up wasting money and, worst yet, those were spaces others could have taken.
- We have not worked out the exact fee yet, but plan on keeping it as reasonable as possible so that as many folks who want to attend are able – more details to come.
- Folks who book 2 or more nights with Dreams Unlimited Travel for that weekend will get a priority space on the list for the party as well as have the fee waived.

Friday 12/11/2009 – Tentative

- We are in talks with the Disney Institute folks to put together some kind of event this day. Most likely this will be some kind of lecture series with multiple speakers. This is all very preliminary but we have thrown out our ‘pie in the sky’ ideas to see what they come back with. I believe I actually heard their heads explode during the conference call when I told them what I wanted to do.
- There will be a charge for this event, however attendees of this event will get priority space on the list for 12/12 party as well as have the fee waived.
- Depending on what we do and the interest from you all this could be a half or full day event and could include meals.
- I am sorry to be so cryptic, but none of the details have been worked out yet.

Sunday 12/13/2009 – Live Podcast Recording

- Again, no details have been worked out but we are hoping to secure a venue large enough to have a live show this day. This would be a free event.
- More details to come as the time gets closer.

Again, I am sorry that I don’t have any details for you. I do know that many of you were looking to make your travel plans for this so I wanted to at least get the dates out there.

As I said, once we have more details I will be releasing them to everyone. Also, once we have some specifics worked out we will be putting up a sign-up form for all events.

My goal this year is to make sure everyone who wants to attend the party has the opportunity. I know some were disappointed last year because we had to cut-off the number of attendees to the party. Hopefully this year we will be able to host everyone who wants to attend.

Thanks
John

PS Anyone who writes, emails, PMs or calls about being put on the waitlist will be subject to public humiliation :)

Kathy, you are slightly mistaken.

John is the genius. No disrespect meant to Pete or anybody else on the crew, but John posted it.:goodvibes

Kind of hard to accept that title given the number of typos I just found in my original post :confused3

So if we PM you about grammar and orthography, do we get humiliated as much as if we ask to be put on "the list"? (Hint: Some of us like being on lists...no matter what it is...)

Meh....I already knew all this (both the DAP stuff and the Genius stuff)...LOL!

Awesome news. I hope I can make it to this event.

BY the way John, don't worry, I think Albert Einstein also made typos in his writings.

This is great!
Now I am off to get a quote. :thumbsup2
Thank you John and the whole podcast team. :)
We love you! :love:

I'm so excited to finally be apart of a sticky thread. :yay:

FYI- The DATW is set for Friday evening Dec 11th at 5:30! BE THERE!! :thumbsup2

I have to say this plan is GENIUS...

So I can look into a volunteer group to GKTW for Saturday, Dec 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!