DIS /Dreams Exclusive Backstage Magic Adventure 7/9-7/14/17 Sold Out!!

DisneyKevin

Kelvis
Super Moderator
:welcome: to the July 9 - July 14th 2017 Backstage Magic Adventure

This is the participant list for our Backstage Magic Adventure!

Jamie
Mariano
Scott
Elizabeth
Brian
Marc
Mark
Amber
Ricky
Leah
Danika
Sue
Bill
Julie
Steve
Jennifer
Laureen
Sandy
Alexander
Vincent
Adrienne
Donna
Ariel
Kaitlin
Randall
Aidan
Barbara
Nicholas
Brian
Tracy
Zachary
Chandra
Jason
Kevin - DisneyKevin
John - WebmestareJohn
Pete - WebmasterPete

Let the planning and plotting begin.pixiedust:

Last edited:
Wow. Needless to say, I am beyond excited. Once I found out about this awesome trip, I just knew I had to go. When I found out at work I was all reserved for this trip my co-workers/teachers were wondering why I had the biggest grin on my face. So ready to plan this trip, and start getting to know all of you over the next year!

My name is Brian and I am a 39 year old Special Ed teacher from Brooklyn, New York. This will be my first time going to DisneyLand and I have a feeling I will love it. Went to DisneyWorld as a teen in 1990 and 1991 and I was miserable. I was hot. I was a brat. And I took things for granted. Summer 2016 will be my first time back to DisneyWorld as I am going a few times in the summer and in the fall. I have read trip reports on the board for this Cali, Backstage Magic vacation and just knew instantly it was something I wanted do do. I am also trying to see if I could score some D23 tickets and extend my time in Cali next year a few days. Looking fwd. to conversing with you all!

Hi Brian

Like you - and everyone else I'm sure - I am ridiculously excited about the adventure we will have.

So, my name is Mark, I am 32, living just outside of London, UK and although I've been a DVC owner and a member of the boards for a while now I don't use them anywhere near as much as I should! I do watch the shows without fail, to the point we call it DisDay at home. I'll be attended with my husband, Marc. I'm on the left in my avatar and he is on the right but I'll let him introduce himself. As soon as Kevin mentioned the trip on the show and that it would time perfectly around D23 we immediately agreed that it would be massively special and that we needed to attend. We will definitely be trying to extend our trip to include D23 and possibly Universal and Magic Mountain.

I really look forward to the next 13 months and beginning to get to know you all. :stitch::stitch::stitch:

Hi all.

I'm Marc I'm 42 from the UK.

I'm Marks husband.

Needless to say when we first heard Kevin speak of this trip on the weekly news we wanted to go on this trip.

We have been to Disneyland once and loved it so cannot wait to go back and this trip will make it special.

Not much more to add at the moment but looking forward to gettingre to know everyone more and I cannot wait for this trip.

My Family and I (Brian) are BEYOND excited for this trip! We have been talking about joining the guys on this ADB for years now. My mother-n-law Barbara is joining my wife Tracy, my 2 boys Nicholas and Zachary and myself. I have been to DL twice and my family went for their first time back in Feb 2015. My wife loved it more than WDW. We have been to WDW every year since 2005 and have lost count the total # of times it has been. We will be there for the 10th Anniversary Podcast in July! We recently did the Alaskan cruise in Aug 2015 and are sailing again in Jan 2016 (#5 GOLD status!!!). Looking forward to meeting you all over the next year.

Hi everyone! My husband Mario and I are beyond excited to be planning this trip since we had to give up our spaces on the Podcast Cruise! It's going to be a big treat for us as it will be the first trip we take away from our baby (who is due in December of this year) and it was the perfect extension to our plans to attend D23. We are huge Disney lovers both having grown up going to the parks (my husband more frequently than myself) and as adults are now DVC Members and Annual Passholders at WDW. We can't wait to experience the adventures this trip has to offer. I'm also a HUGE fan of The Muppets so I'm looking forward to that part of the tour. Can't wait to meet everyone!

Hello everyone! :wave2:

My name is Kate.:earsgirl: I'll be travelling with my DH, Randall, and my DS, Aidan.

I've been wanting to do this trip for years.

Anyone else have a teenager on this trip? :music:

I'd love to get to know everyone better. You too? How about some questions for everyone to answer? :scratchin

Question #1 for the group: Have you ever met the DIS podcast team? If yes, who, where and when?

Kate
:lovestrucLoveisLove
:rainbow:

Hi Kate :stitch::stitch: and Jamie just before you :-)
I love the question idea! (And I :love::rainbow::love: your signature)

I have met one of the team, on our honeymoon holiday last September we met Ryno over at Animal Kingdom, Magic Kingdom and then again at Orlando International. Was so good to finally meet one of the people who we've been watching for so long. I seriously can't wait to meet some more DISers :-)

I'll add a
Question #2 for the group (and a really unoriginal one): Which part of the trip are you most looking forward to?

Personally I can't seem to pick a favourite bit but I'm really excited by the studios, the archives and definitely the possibility of Walts Appartment!

My sons will be 16 & 18 by the time we travel. We got to meet the team this past Dec when we attended DISApolooza at Universal Diagon Alley. It was AWESOME! My oldest and I are coming in for the 10th Anniversary Podcast. Me personally, I am most anxious to see the Studios and Archives. I LOVE the history of Disney.

Hi all, hope all is well with you guys. I have never met anyone from the DIS(podcast or the boards) and the trip I am most looking fwd to is being in the park itself. I've never been to DisneyLand!

Hi guys,

I'm Sandy and my husband, Alex, and I are looking forward to meeting all of you next summer. Here are our answers to the questions:

1. My daughter, Claire, and I met members of the podcast team twice--both on ABD Backstage Magic trips. (Yes, it's my third DIS BSM ABD. I know, I know.) And I ran into John and Kevin at the DIS booth at the D23 Expo last year. (My husband has been on one previous BSM ABD, but it wasn't affiliated with the DIS.)

2. We're looking forward to returning to Imagineering and touring the parks. The trips are a little different each time, which is why we are repeat Adventurers. I grew up in San Diego, and have been to Disneyland more times than I can count. We live in Northern California now, so when we visit friends and family in SoCal, we like to treat ourselves to a few days in the parks. We've been to all of the D23 Expos and plan to go next year, which is why the timing of this adventure was so appealing to us.

When you travel with the DIS / Dreams....no one is solo.:)
This is so true. After 4 ABD trips (with #5 coming up in August) I've seen that happen every time. People just naturally invite others to join them when heading out for non-ABD parts of the trip. You'll always have somebody to talk to and you'll have something in common with everybody - Disney.

Put on a smile and enjoy yourself!!!

Hello Everyone!!! We are beyond excited about this trip! It will be Myself (Danika) and my wife Leah (we have been together 12 years and recently got married :love:)... We are huge Disney fans -- DVC members and annual pass holders. We go to WDW as often as we can. Since we are from Louisiana we are only 12 hours away so we get there about 4-5 times a year. We are also pretty much obsessed with Disney Cruises. So much that we had a commitment ceremony on Disney's private island Castaway Cay. Best vacation ever!

This will be our 3rd Dis Exclusive ABD trip (yes, all were the Backstage Magic trips) .... I would say we are getting pretty addicted. And once you travel with the Dis team there is truly no other way to travel :rotfl2:..... When this trip was announced we knew we had to go.

So, for question 1: Pete, Corey and Julie were on our first ABD trip. We had so much fun. We instantly had a connection with Corey and Julie being we are all around the same age and are all from Louisiana. We still keep in touch and have had some great times with them at the World. On our other, and most recent ABD trip (we went December of 2015 for Leah's 40th birthday celebration) we were with Craig and his sweet wife Kylie. Such sweet people....

Question 2: We always look forward to Imagineering and spending time in Disneyland. We get to WDW a lot but Disneyland is something so special. But the one thing I personally look forward to is FINALLY meeting Kevin and John.
I CAN'T WAIT to witness their humor and Disney knowledge in person!

And of course we look forward to meeting all of you guys. We have met some awesome people on previous ABD trips and have made some life long friends that we still keep in touch with and meet up with at Disney. That is the true magic of these kinds of trips. Being with a whole group of people that love and appreciate Disney as much as we do. Hope you all have an awesome week and I can't wait to get to know all of you.

Let the trip planning begin!!! :tinker:

Xoxo
Danika & Leah

image.jpeg

Last edited:
So I am sure you are all aware of the absolutely ridiculous situation we have found ourselves in over in the UK. My DH (is that the right acronym??) and I both voted to stay in the EU but it was not to be. Naturally, it's had a massive impact on all the exchange rates for us. We are now resolved to be saving even harder for this trip and hoping some sanity is restored soon. Heaven knows I think we are going to need this holiday and it will be even more special for us. Nothing like some Dis-Magic to brighten things up. Counting down the days.

So I am sure you are all aware of the absolutely ridiculous situation we have found ourselves in over in the UK. My DH (is that the right acronym??) and I both voted to stay in the EU but it was not to be. Naturally, it's had a massive impact on all the exchange rates for us. We are now resolved to be saving even harder for this trip and hoping some sanity is restored soon. Heaven knows I think we are going to need this holiday and it will be even more special for us. Nothing like some Dis-Magic to brighten things up. Counting down the days.

I'm so sorry about all that. The FX rate really is bad right now. I have to believe it will improve by next summer. I'll be sending pixie dust your way wishing for the best. pixiedust:

Hello Brian, Mark, Marc, Brian, Tracy, Nicholas, Zachary, Barbara, Jamie, Mario, Sandy, Alex, Danika, Leah, Kevin, and John. :wave:

#1: We've been lucky enough to meet the team several times. The first time I was on a solo WDW trip and I believe I was in WDW for Mousefest. The DIS decided to host a cocktail party in the Swan (or was it the Dolphin? I always get them mixed up.) I think it was 2007. Anyway, I got to meet Bob Varley. It was such a wonderful experience. He was so nice. We talked about the space shuttle launch that was supposed to happen during that party. I had hoped to be able to watch from there. But the launch was canceled and moved to another day. I also met Pete and we chatted for a bit. That's when I started my secret Pete crush. He is just so gracious, interesting, and plain fun to be around.

#2: I'm looking forward to EVERYTHING on the ABD trip. I'm so excited that John and Kevin will be on the trip with us. I've never had an opportunity to chat with them. They are both so funny on the DIS podcast and now, The Dreams Unlimited podcast, which is fantastic. I can't wait for each episode. :thumbsup2 I have wanted to do this trip with the DIS for such a long time. I always told myself that if I ever did an ABD trip it would have to be with the DIS. So this is our first (hopefully not last) ABD trip. :cheer2:

We have been to WDW numerous times. Our first trip was 2002. We've only been to DL two other trips but we love it too. We have been on 5 DCL cruises (Alaska, Southern Caribbean, PCC 2.0 and 3.0, and 4N Bahamas).

We live in the Washington, D.C. area.
My son will be 16 on the trip and I'm thrilled that Brian's sons, Nicholas and Zachary, will be on the trip too. party:

Question #3: Who has July 14, 2016 marked on their calendars for D23 Expo tickets? This will be our first D23 Expo. I hope Sandy and Alex can give us some tips since they are the D23 Expo veterans. :worship:

Happy Fourth of July everyone.

Kate
:rainbow:

Thanks Kate.
That's just reminded me that it's getting close to the ticket release. We are DVC members but have absolutely no clue what that means in terms of D23 tickets etc.
(Although D23 isn't officially part of the trip so that's a conversation for another day/area I guess)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!