DIS /Dreams Exclusive Backstage Magic Adventure 7/9-7/14/17 Sold Out!!

Hi Folks,

I have received the following from ABD:

Good morning Kevin,

Thank you contacting Adventures by Disney!

I just spoke with our partners and they have confirmed that although all activities are subject change, Walt's Apartment is still scheduled to be visited for the 2017 season.

The apartment is still not ADA compliant. You must be able to climb stairs to visit.

Thank god for that as that's one thing we really want to see.

Thanks for the update Kevin.

Last edited:

Yep am hoping the next 50 days go fast:)

Finally got our d23, Universal, Magic Mountain and WB Studio tickets :) really wanted to get to Santa Monica but just got going to have time.

Cannot wait to see everyone. Not sure if anyone is planning anything for Saturday night as a lot of people seem to be going early?

We arrive on Saturday at 12:50 pm. We have been sooooo looking forward to this trip. Unfortunately my Mother-N-Law had to back out at the last minute due to my Father-N-Law being diagnosed with cancer a few months back. Had surgery this past Tuesday and everything went very well, so that is a huge relief for all of us. Now he just needs time to relax and recover. Needless to say that this will be a HUGE stress relief for us. We are bound and determined to get my Mother-N-Law out to Disneyland soon.

Anyone else going to the D23 Expo? Considering buying a one day pass for Friday for myself and my oldest son. I am a Charter D23 member and have never been to an expo. I was just at the Star Wars Celebration in Orlando in April and saw first hand how nuts that was. Need to figure out how to get to/from the Expo from the Disneyland Resort.

Anyone else going to the D23 Expo? Considering buying a one day pass for Friday for myself and my oldest son. I am a Charter D23 member and have never been to an expo. I was just at the Star Wars Celebration in Orlando in April and saw first hand how nuts that was. Need to figure out how to get to/from the Expo from the Disneyland Resort.
We're going to the expo. I'm also a D23 Charter member and have been to all of the expos. However, I'm taking my husband for the first time, and I'm interested to see what he makes of it all. It's not that far of a walk from the DLR to the convention center. How early were you planning on arriving at the convention center?

We are going on Friday Saturday and Sunday but no way are we arriving there at 4am to get in the queues like some people have advised us to do.

We are going to walk have had a look and it's about a 15min walk.

We are going on Friday Saturday and Sunday but no way are we arriving there at 4am to get in the queues like some people have advised us to do.

We are going to walk have had a look and it's about a 15min walk.
I hear you about the early lineups. My daughter, her friend and I were a few of the crazies who got to the convention center at 5 a.m. for the Friday and Saturday arena events in 2015. Overall, I thought it was worth the trouble, but the food situation in the convention center is terrible. I was starving by the end of the first arena event since it had been probably eight hours since I'd eaten breakfast, and the lines at the snack bars were unbelievable. We took some food with us, but there are only so many granola bars you can choke down in a day.

I am mainly just interested in getting inside and possibly the store. Only going for one day, I do not want to spend all my time in line to see panels. I just did the Star Wars Celebration in April and the lines for the panels and store were absolutely NUTS! I just want to know if spending the $$$ on a one day ticket is worth it. Just don't know what to expect. I figured since I will be out here, it would be advantageous for me to go once. Also, will they mail me my tickets or will I have to pick them up at Will Call and if so will the line be massive? And If I am not looking to attend any of the panels, going after our goodbye breakfast, should we be able to get in fairly smoothly?

Adrienne and I are staying for D23. I'm a charter member, too, but this will be my first expo. So excited for it!

I am mainly just interested in getting inside and possibly the store. Only going for one day, I do not want to spend all my time in line to see panels. I just did the Star Wars Celebration in April and the lines for the panels and store were absolutely NUTS! I just want to know if spending the $$$ on a one day ticket is worth it. Just don't know what to expect. I figured since I will be out here, it would be advantageous for me to go once. Also, will they mail me my tickets or will I have to pick them up at Will Call and if so will the line be massive? And If I am not looking to attend any of the panels, going after our goodbye breakfast, should we be able to get in fairly smoothly?
I was already inside the convention center (in line) when it officially opened, so I don't know firsthand what happened when the front doors opened. You might want to find threads on this and other forums from 2015 to find out what the situation was. Then again, Disney seems to tweak the entry procedures for each expo, so there may be no way to know beforehand. I'd imagine, though, that since so many people are in the arena, the other exhibit areas wouldn't be as crowded. Still, I'd advise you to get there as early as you can after breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!