DIS/DREAMS Exclusive San Francisco / Backstage Magic July 2019

Did 31 days of Disney: Day 31 just confirm that Pete and Sean will be joining us on the trip?

Hi

We have just been looking through the itinerary and trying to decide what to do on the day we arrive in LA.

Does anyone have a rough idea what time we are “let loose on our own” after checking in at the Lowes Hollywood hotel? Or have any ideas of things to do?

Thanks

There will be a new exhibition at The Walt Disney Family Museum in San Francisco during your adventure curated by Disney animator Andreas Dejas called “Mickey Mouse: From Walt to the World.” I hope you have the opportunity to see it!

Last edited:

Hi

We have just been looking through the itinerary and trying to decide what to do on the day we arrive in LA.

Does anyone have a rough idea what time we are “let loose on our own” after checking in at the Lowes Hollywood hotel? Or have any ideas of things to do?

Thanks

This will depend on flight times from San Francisco to Lax and travel time from LAX to the Loews.

I don't have that info yet.

Hello again, travel-mates. This is a question for experienced ABDers?

I understand that our transfers to the airport on departure day will be included in our Adventure, but if our various departures range from 10am to 10pm, will ABD bundle us into two bus-loads, or more? That is, if we find a 10 pm red-eye that provides maximum use of our final park day (going back in after Farewell Breakfast), are we likely to lose some of the park hours because the latest return bus will be 4pm?

Any educated guesses?

Signed, K2

I understand that our transfers to the airport on departure day will be included in our Adventure, but if our various departures range from 10am to 10pm, will ABD bundle us into two bus-loads, or more?
ABD actually schedules a car service for the individual parties. Its tailored to your flight time.

Hello again, travel-mates. This is a question for experienced ABDers?

I understand that our transfers to the airport on departure day will be included in our Adventure, but if our various departures range from 10am to 10pm, will ABD bundle us into two bus-loads, or more? That is, if we find a 10 pm red-eye that provides maximum use of our final park day (going back in after Farewell Breakfast), are we likely to lose some of the park hours because the latest return bus will be 4pm?

Any educated guesses?

Signed, K2

If you are flying out of LAX, ABD usually schedules transfers three hours prior to your flight.

If others are headed to the airport at the same (or very similar times), you may be transferred via van or similar.

Usually transfers are via private car.

If you decide to use your last day of ticketing, the Grand Californian will hold your luggage after check out.

Hi All,
First, Welcome Diane and William!
For those of you who have experienced this trip in the past, can you tell us if there is a dress code for any of the restaurants we will be visiting? Thanks!!

Hi

Thanks
Hi Ian and Diane!

My experience (and the experience of many I've talked to who have done this itinerary): An AbD guide met me in the lobby at hotel check-in and then took me upstairs to their AbD check in. They then asked what I had planned to do until the welcome dinner. I had a few hours, and was just going to explore the area. They had suggestions, and one popular one is that they put you on one of those bus tours. It was quite fun (but windy and cold going up and down through the mountains), but we got to see some stars' homes and many filming locations.

Hi Ian and Diane!

My experience (and the experience of many I've talked to who have done this itinerary): An AbD guide met me in the lobby at hotel check-in and then took me upstairs to their AbD check in. They then asked what I had planned to do until the welcome dinner. I had a few hours, and was just going to explore the area. They had suggestions, and one popular one is that they put you on one of those bus tours. It was quite fun (but windy and cold going up and down through the mountains), but we got to see some stars' homes and many filming locations.
Hi
Thanks for that, the itinerary is a little confusing for Day 4 as it says Dinner on your own and also Dinner provided.
Will have to wait and see, we quite fancy going to Universal Studios for the afternoon and evening if we can.
Looking forward to seeing everyone soon.
Ian & Diane

Hi
Thanks for that, the itinerary is a little confusing for Day 4 as it says Dinner on your own and also Dinner provided.
Will have to wait and see, we quite fancy going to Universal Studios for the afternoon and evening if we can.
Looking forward to seeing everyone soon.
Ian & Diane

The Dodgers play the Marlins at 4PM. Stadium is not far from Hotel (not walk-able) Universal sounds interesting as well.

The Dodgers play the Marlins at 4PM. Stadium is not far from Hotel (not walk-able) Universal sounds interesting as well.

That has given us something to think about, we’ve never been to a game of baseball.
As we don’t know what time we arrive at the hotel, can you go into a game after it has started?
Decisions, decisions?:hyper2:

That has given us something to think about, we’ve never been to a game of baseball.
As we don’t know what time we arrive at the hotel, can you go into a game after it has started?
Decisions, decisions?:hyper2:
Not only can you show up late, it is a long standing tradition in LA to show up late.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!