DIS/DREAMS Exclusive San Francisco / Backstage Magic July 2019

Hi All,
This afternoon UPS dropped off a box from Adventures By Disney!!!! My heart started pounding. Inside was our Adventure Handbook, luggage tags, and back pack! 2 months out! We can't wait to meet all of you and to start our Adventure!!!
Steven and Cathy

Hi All,
This afternoon UPS dropped off a box from Adventures By Disney!!!! My heart started pounding. Inside was our Adventure Handbook, luggage tags, and back pack! 2 months out! We can't wait to meet all of you and to start our Adventure!!!
Steven and Cathy

Saw this note today and went straight to the front porch. Nothing there at noon. Checked again at 2 and got very excited, until i realized the kind of trouble i would be in if i opened it before Andrea got home. Now wondering why she is 5 minutes later than her usual arrival.

58 Days

Saw this note today and went straight to the front porch. Nothing there at noon. Checked again at 2 and got very excited, until i realized the kind of trouble i would be in if i opened it before Andrea got home. Now wondering why she is 5 minutes later than her usual arrival.

58 Days

Ok I can now join the party, our box arrived today in the UK.

Under instructions from Diane not to open it until she gets home.

Not long now.

Hi Folks,

because this is actually two trips pushed together, please refer to your trip booklet regarding our schedule.

Its a bit different than a regular Backstage Magic Adventure.

"On Your Own" time may be different.

Hi everyone!

My apologies for not posting sooner! I am Karen 1.0 (I suppose - according to the initial list Kevin posted) and my husband is Bruce. This will be our second Backstage Magic ABD and our 5th overall. We, well I, am super excited about seeing the Disney Family Museum and hope we have the opportunity to see Galaxy's Edge while on this trip.

We too are trying to determine what to do with our free time once we arrive at the Loews Hotel in Hollywood. We are not going to plan anything concrete as we don't know our arrival time yet, but will probably keep it simple - maybe In & Out Burger, the Farmer's Market, a bus tour, who knows?!

Looking forward to meeting you all soon!

We too are trying to determine what to do with our free time once we arrive at the Loews Hotel in Hollywood. We are not going to plan anything concrete as we don't know our arrival time yet, but will probably keep it simple - maybe In & Out Burger, the Farmer's Market, a bus tour, who knows?!
Hi Karen. Val & I aren't on this Adventure, but I wanted to suggest you pick Farmers Market. We've done all three of these and the bus tour was our least favorite. You'll see enough of the Hollywood area on the actual ABD. If you try one of those tours that promise to show you where the stars live all you will actually see are big fences and solid gates behind which star X sometimes lives...or used to live. If you're lucky they will pass around google earth pictures of the estate.

In & Out Burger has a huge following but we just don't see the attraction. Its simply a fast food burger joint and is not up to the Five Guys standard that we measure these establishments against. I know that comment will get a lot of push back by the I&O fans. But consider this - a 15 minute experience there isn't a huge time occupier. Even with the uber ride to/from the location.

The Farmers Market won't cost you much more for the uber ride but the number of choices to eat at runs into the 10-20 range. Some really good choices there. Plus some very interesting shops. We enjoy Monsieur Marcel for gourmet foods. On the other end of the spectrum, but equally good, is Bob's Donuts. Right next to the Farmers Market is The Grove where you'll find several mall type stores to browse in.

Hi Karen. Val & I aren't on this Adventure, but I wanted to suggest you pick Farmers Market. We've done all three of these and the bus tour was our least favorite. You'll see enough of the Hollywood area on the actual ABD. If you try one of those tours that promise to show you where the stars live all you will actually see are big fences and solid gates behind which star X sometimes lives...or used to live. If you're lucky they will pass around google earth pictures of the estate.

In & Out Burger has a huge following but we just don't see the attraction. Its simply a fast food burger joint and is not up to the Five Guys standard that we measure these establishments against. I know that comment will get a lot of push back by the I&O fans. But consider this - a 15 minute experience there isn't a huge time occupier. Even with the uber ride to/from the location.

The Farmers Market won't cost you much more for the uber ride but the number of choices to eat at runs into the 10-20 range. Some really good choices there. Plus some very interesting shops. We enjoy Monsieur Marcel for gourmet foods. On the other end of the spectrum, but equally good, is Bob's Donuts. Right next to the Farmers Market is The Grove where you'll find several mall type stores to browse in.

Hi both, it’s a shame you’re both not on this trip it would have been nice to catch up with you again. If we don’t have enough time to go to Universal Studios that day, the Farmers Market sounds a great idea.
Thanks
Ian & Diane

Hi Guys,

Looking forward to meeting you all in about 6 weeks. I'm Karen and will be a solo traveller. This will my 3rd Backstage Magic but first time in San Francisco. In San Francisco, I'm looking forward to the Disney family museum as well as the visit to the winery; for the Backstage Magic part - Imagineering as well as Disneyland Resort.

I've always had issues with "planning" activities with OYO time. But Lion King does come out the weekend of our trip. Anyone up for going either the Sunday or Monday in Hollywood at the El Capitan Theatre?

As an aside - are we having 2 sets of guides - one set for San Francisco and another set for BSM? I'm trying to figure the tip amount ahead of time. The Canadian to US exchange rate it a real stinker right now - so I just want to figure the exchange rate into my budget.

I just sent everyone an overview of our Adventure.

I did not share every surprise as that would be NO FUN.

I have listed somethings that may affect your planning / spending.

If you do not receive this email....let me know.

See you soon

Love the 35 of us and 2 of them.

Can’t wait

See you all soon

Yes, thank you, Kevin - we are ramping our clothes plans up a layer. Also chuckling at 35:2, and planning on extra to pack on the flight home. Also trusting that LA has that tremor out of its system for a few months. :oops:

Thanks for the email Kevin. Can’t wait to meet all of you! We should have a pre-Adventure meet up Wednesday night.
Do experienced Adventurers recommend some form of twitter/facebook chat/pen-and-paper bulletin board for making connections during OYO times? We will be free Wednesday night but may miss dinner-time.

I'm investigating whether I can change my account title to Karen (K2) + Richard.

(Signed, K2)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!