DIS/Dreams Unlimited China Adventure Oct 14th - 25th 2017 SOLD OUT!!!

Hey there, hi there, ho there! I am really looking forward to being a part of this adventure with you! I am already researching the history of the parks and attractions so I will have a deeper appreciation of them. I am intrigued by the idea of seeing the Tokyo parks. Carol and I visited them in 2002. Tokyo Disneyland is marvelous, but Disneysea is spectacular and like no other Disney park! I am not sure if it would be affordable, but if it's possible I'd prefer to visit it first. I must see the Asian parks in their proper order! I am looking forward to our many months of planning with you all!

Hi, all. This is Rob. I don't think I've met many of you before, although we might have seen each other on PCC 5.0 or DISApalooza last December. This is my second ABD, and my first off the continent. My first was a Backstage Magic with Kevin and John, and Chandra. You all have travelled so much! This is a trip-of-a-lifetime for me, and I'm very excited. I'm a huge theme park nerd, but in a good way, I think. I've had a few blogs published by The DIS, and I'm hoping to get many more published to help pay for this trip. I should be working on those instead of posting here...but, just wanted to say "hi" and introduce myself.

I see that we have personal paparazzi (Mike and Jeff), a Disney historian (MIchael), shopping connoiseurrs (Kevin and Christy) and an ABD China veteran (Kevin) on this trip! Kevin - I loved your trip report from your ABD with your son! It really helped me get a better picture of this trip, even though ours is very different! Not sure if Brian and I will be able to swing Tokyo but we're sure going to try! I'm glad this thread is up so that I can stop gazing with longing at the Switzerland/Italy thread.

Laurie

Just saying Hi to @kuzco-like Rob. Val & I were on PCC 5.0 and DAP last year so we may have met, but I'm drawing a blank right now. Anyway, Welcome!!!

Hey there, hi there, ho there! I am really looking forward to being a part of this adventure with you! I am already researching the history of the parks and attractions so I will have a deeper appreciation of them. I am intrigued by the idea of seeing the Tokyo parks. Carol and I visited them in 2002. Tokyo Disneyland is marvelous, but Disneysea is spectacular and like no other Disney park! I am not sure if it would be affordable, but if it's possible I'd prefer to visit it first. I must see the Asian parks in their proper order! I am looking forward to our many months of planning with you all!

I am not able to go on this trip but it sounds amazing and even better that you Michael will be doing the research behind these parks - what an amazing benefit to the other guests!

BTW - I was just in Hong Kong (@OKW Lover has a link to my ongoing TR) and binge-listened to the January and April Connecting With Walt episodes on the plane ride over and back so I totally am reading your posts in your voice. Also, I am sure others have already said that but those shows are amazing - I've learned so much from them and love the rapport you and @Teleclashter have on it

Just wanted to mention here that DIS-er @TheMaxRebo is doing a trip report right now about visiting Hong Kong DL. Its interesting reading.

Thanks for linking to the trip report! Obviously this is only one of the parks you will be visiting but if anyone has any questions or wants any suggestions, please let me know! While it is a small park I thought it is very well done and has some amazing attractions (Mystic Manor, Grizzly Gulch) and some great versions of attractions (I liked there Space Mountain better than the one at WDW or Disneyland California) - plus Paint the Night!

I liked there Space Mountain better than the one at WDW or Disneyland California
Please tell me about their Space Mountain. I can stand the one in WDW (barely) and find the DL version a bit too much (perhaps its the loud music) for me. I didn't even consider going on the DLP version.

Please tell me about their Space Mountain. I can stand the one in WDW (barely) and find the DL version a bit too much (perhaps its the loud music) for me. I didn't even consider going on the DLP version.

So it is more like California Disneyland's in that you sit 2x2 rather than the toboggan style at WDW. There is a speaker behind you playing music so you might not like that part. Inside they have some projection mapping on the ceiling and then some large steroids around. The track thous is like a mix of the two in that there are some dips and hills like WDW and some turns like at Disneyland

So it is fairly intense compared to the others so then you might not like it ... but it was pretty smooth. I think if you can do the California DL version you'd be ok, I just liked that it had more hills and dips than the California Disneyland one

Ok here are my tentative plans for 2017. If the stars align properly(and I can swing the days off), Amy and I will have been to 5/6 parks in one year. We will be at WDW the first week in January so that Chuck can run the 5k. Then to use up DVC points so that they don't expire, we will try to go to Disneyland/ California Adventure in March for spring break. Then as we all know, October will be busy with the Asia parks. Maybe I should try parachuting from the plane to DLP to make it a clean sweep!:rotfl2:

Our choice would be to do Tokyo Disneyland before the Adventure begins. We're seriously considering a return flight to SFO/LAX in order to visit the Disney Family Museum and then hit Disneyland before returning home to Florida. My last day on the job will be 7/7/17 and this trip will be my retirement gift to me.

We won't be able to go to Japan this trip but I follow TDRExplorer for TDL information. And they recently went to Hong Kong Disneyland which was an interesting episode. In Hong Kong, they had culture shock because during fireworks, people raised up phones to record. They said that's not allowed in Tokyo and CMs will tell you to stop doing it. Can you imagine? That would be paradise.

Just saying Hi to @kuzco-like Rob. Val & I were on PCC 5.0 and DAP last year so we may have met, but I'm drawing a blank right now. Anyway, Welcome!!!

Jeff, it's very likely that we might not have met, but you might have seen my face in the crowd. Very nice to meet you. Oh, and I'll be on PCC 6.0, as well. Do we think there will be a mini meet?

Ok here are my tentative plans for 2017. If the stars align properly(and I can swing the days off), Amy and I will have been to 5/6 parks in one year. We will be at WDW the first week in January so that Chuck can run the 5k. Then to use up DVC points so that they don't expire, we will try to go to Disneyland/ California Adventure in March for spring break. Then as we all know, October will be busy with the Asia parks. Maybe I should try parachuting from the plane to DLP to make it a clean sweep!:rotfl2:

Hi
We are also planning on visiting all the parks, but over two years. We did the 60th at Disneyland last year, we have WDW and Paris this year and now the three in Asia for next year.
Can't wait

When can we talk power and plugs? :rolleyes1

We're in the UK, so our needs are slightly different to yours. Our understanding is that the voltages are different to ours in China, Hong Kong and Japan, so we are currently Googling to see what we need.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter