DIS/Dreams Unlimited China Adventure Oct 14th - 25th 2017 SOLD OUT!!!

So....how many of us have completely unpacked? How about adjusting back to your home time zone?

Just wanted to say how "easy" it was to clear customs/immigration on arrival at LAX. Perhaps my standards were low? We easily found our bags and used the free luggage cart to wheel through both check points. We have Global Entry and there were plenty of open kiosks. Put our passports in, did the hand print thing, responded to the questions and move along.

Minor glitch - we get to our hotel that night and Val realizes she doesn't have her passport. We guessed she had left it in the passport scanner machine. So the next morning we headed to the airport early and after checking our bags for the trip home we went over to the International terminal and found the TSA/global entry office. They made a couple of calls and sure enough they had her passport. Somebody brought it to us a few minutes later. Funny thing was that Val had to show the agent who delivered the passport her photo ID.

So....how many of us have completely unpacked? How about adjusting back to your home time zone?

Partially unpacked, laundry started. My body is still very confused about where I am and what time it is. We got home around 1AM, Thursday morning and I was up again at 7:30 to get ready for work. Around midday I get very tired, most likely because my body probably thinks that it is the middle of the night.

I don't miss the countries but I do miss all of you, my extended family.

Chris

It was a great, but exhausting trip. We arrived early this morning. We've unpacked, but the floor is cluttered with miscellaneous souvenirs. It's late at night/early in the morning as I type this, so obviously I have some jet lag yet to overcome. Until we all meet again...

I was awake at 4 am today (Sunday). Stayed in bed for a couple of hours but really couldn't get back to sleep so I got up and had some coffee. I suspect I'll be turning in early tonight.

We are all unpacked and laundry is done. Probably because we still don't know what time of day it is. We wake up at 3 am then crash for a couple of hours in the early afternoon.

I came home 6 lbs lighter than when I left. Our step count from the 3 days at Disneyland before Tokyo through arriving home: 261,082 or 85.1 miles.

Jeff, our Global Entry experience at LAX was the total opposite of yours.

...dave

Wow - sorry to hear that. We barely stopped from the luggage carrousel to the front door.

It was not pretty. Our passports were rejected at the Global Entry kiosk. We were directed to the standard entry kiosks. Our passports were rejected there, too. We waited until everyone from our flight had cleared customs before being directed to a very nice CBP officer who had to manually enter the info from our passports. He told us he has seen this problem before but has no idea why it happens. He suggested that we should carry the GE wallet card with us if we make another entry.

Pictures are not up yet on the ABD site - as of 10 am Sunday 10/29.

I'm still sorting through ~1200 pictures of my own.

Finding the jet lag challenging. Can't get to sleep at night until 3am and then around noon I need a 4 hour hour nap. Hoping it resolves soon. I'm going through the thousands of pics I took to find the good ones and start on a photo book. So many great memories! I echo Chris's sentiment - connecting and reconnecting with my Dis family is always the best part of the ABD!

I, too, lost weight on the trip but I've more than made up for it with the amount of pizza and cold milk and other faves I've consumed since returning home!

Laurie

I got the dreaded "SSSS" random code on my boarding pass so coming back to US, I went through 'additional' screening. So, the first thing the TSA agent says as he looks at me is "Are there any places on your body that hurt?" I won't be forgetting that instant moment of panic anytime soon. Turned out the whole thing wasn't that bad but the pat-down made the Beijing airport look like a cakewalk. I had to repack my bags but that was no problem. In the end, not that big a deal, but damn, don't start off with a question like that.

I also got the SSSS code coming back, but Val didn't. For the most part though this was fairly easy. Just had to remove the electronics again from my bag and have them swabbed. They also took me behind a curtain to swab my hands and feet plus a quick pat-down. That was it and I was actually at the aircraft boarding door before the rest of the first class passengers.

My Podcast feed just downloaded a marathon, 3 hour 7 minute episode of Connecting With Walt about Michael's impressions of the Asian parks and our ABD adventure. I have to know @Merry Mousketeer how did you find energy to record this so soon after your trip ended?

My Podcast feed just downloaded a marathon, 3 hour 7 minute episode of Connecting With Walt about Michael's impressions of the Asian parks and our ABD adventure. I have to know @Merry Mousketeer how did you find energy to record this so soon after your trip ended?

Wow! That's impressive, especially so soon after getting back! Can't wait to listen to it. Tempted to turn down the office Halloween music loop and introduce my patients to the Wonderful World of Adventures by Disney.... but I'll wait :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!