Dis / Dreams Viking Sea Cruise around Italy 3/24 - 3/31/2018

So glad that Craig and Ryno can share this with their SO's! They have been to enough Dis events so know we are a little crazy but a good kind of crazy!:jester:

Can anyone point me in the direction of the Vatican Morning Tour please? I'd like to go but embarkation morning makes me a little nervous, is it available another morning.

So glad that Craig and Ryno can share this with their SO's! They have been to enough Dis events so know we are a little crazy but a good kind of crazy!:jester:

Can anyone point me in the direction of the Vatican Morning Tour please? I'd like to go but embarkation morning makes me a little nervous, is it available another morning.

Here is the link to the Vatican tour we are doing Saturday morning - they offer it other mornings as well, including Thursday and Friday if that would be better for you.
https://darkrome.com/vatican-tours/vatican-tour-sistine-chapel-st-peters-basilica

I realize the excursions for our particular cruise are not available but I was wondering if anyone knew if they are "stack-able" meaning they are scheduled so that you can do more than one or do you have to pick one a day?

That's a good question. Some of the included ones seem pretty short so it does seem like you'd have time for another if they let you. I'll be interested to see the answer if anyone knows!

That's a good question. Some of the included ones seem pretty short so it does seem like you'd have time for another if they let you. I'll be interested to see the answer if anyone knows!
Don't know if they will allow you back to back. But I imagine you would have some OYO time. Most of these places seem pretty neat to have some OYO time. The only exception is Naples. A friend of mine was stationed at Naval Hospital Naples- said the city was interesting compared to what was out in the country and was dirty as compared to other Italian cities. That being said- I am originally from NY- nothing smells or looks as terrible as streets with full garbage cans and no cover in a hot/humid summer.

I realize the excursions for our particular cruise are not available but I was wondering if anyone knew if they are "stack-able" meaning they are scheduled so that you can do more than one or do you have to pick one a day?

According to what I have read on the Cruise Critic Viking forum, it is very often possible to do more than one excursion in a day.
Also, some excursions run multiple times during the day-2 in the a.m. Then 2 again in the afternoon.
So, a four hour excursion might have four different buses, etc that are staggered through out the day.

If folks haven't booked flights yet, you might want to take a look at fares today. I was playing around with some cities (Chicago, NYC, DC, Miami, LA) today and saw fare ranging from $500 to $700 round trip. Try momondo.com.

Hi Folks,

The entry level stateroom for this cruise if a DV2. Everything below id sold out.

the entry level pricing is now $6148.00 for two guests.

There is one PV3 stateroom left available. Once gone, PV3 will be sold out.

Just wanted to keep y'all updated.

Kevin

Oh! Lots of anniversaries! 10-15-25 -- do we have a 20 to fill in the progression?

My partner and I will be celebrating our 20th Anniversary on the Cruise a little late. Our anniversary is this month August 29th! :)

For those who get the Smithsonian Channel ---

On Sunday September 10th at 8:00pm, on the Mighty Ships program, the show is about the Viking Ocean cruise ship SEA.
It's the sister ship to the SKY.

Just a little over 200 days now until we sail away: 29 weeks to be exact

Ciao

Last edited:
For those who get the Smithsonian Channel ---

On Sunday September 10th at 8:00pm, on the Mighty Ships program, the show is about the Viking Ocean cruise ship SEA.
It's the sister ship to the SKY.

Just a little over 200 days now until we sail away: 29 weeks to be exact

Ciao

Cannot wait!!!

In 100 percent unrelated news my youngest sister is in transit for her study abroad semester in Spain. She's right now in the beginning part of a 20 hour layover in Instanbul. Im hopeful this is will start a passion for travel in her that will last her entire life. I'm also dead jealous. I never got to study abroad! No fair!

I have two nights in Venice after our cruise. Any hotel vs. AirBnB suggestions? In Rome (when there will be all 8 of us) we booked a beautiful AirBnb near the Trevi Fountain...but the extra nights in Venice will be just 2-4 of us. I was looking at the Westin Europa or the Rialto...so far.

We're staying at the Luna Baglioni in Venice afterwards. Stayed there during our ABD Viva Italia trip a couple of years ago and loved the location. Its just steps from St. Marks Square.

BTW, if you decide to stay at the Luna be sure to join their frequent stayer program. It gets you a discount.

I know several others on our trip will be staying there as well.

I have two nights in Venice after our cruise. Any hotel vs. AirBnB suggestions? In Rome (when there will be all 8 of us) we booked a beautiful AirBnb near the Trevi Fountain...but the extra nights in Venice will be just 2-4 of us. I was looking at the Westin Europa or the Rialto...so far.

My husband and I have taken an apartment in Venice. We have an amazing one bedroom apartment within a five minute walk to St. Mark's. We'll be there 4 nights and the total was only 1120 Euro

The Rental Agency is www.TrulyVeniceApartments.com

We've stayed at the Europa Regina and it beautiful.

I haven't stayed at the Rialto.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!