Dis / Dreams Viking Sea Cruise around Italy 3/24 - 3/31/2018

I have probably asked before, but anyone else doing the ultimate Italy 3-night Viking pre-excursion to Tuscany including Florence and Sienna? Wife and I are about to book this one, but it likely means we will miss seeing Rome.

I have probably asked before, but anyone else doing the ultimate Italy 3-night Viking pre-excursion to Tuscany including Florence and Sienna? Wife and I are about to book this one, but it likely means we will miss seeing Rome.
We aren't doing that excursion.

Question: Have you been to Rome before? If not, I'd suggest sticking to just Rome for at least 2 days to see the sites there. However, if you have already done Rome then yes, visiting Florence (haven't been to Sienna) would be a nice thing to do. Florence is a beautiful city. [Disclaimer...I haven't read what's included in the excursion.]

Hi everyone! Trip is fast approaching! I am so excited.

Do you know when we can see excursions on My Viking Experience? I would like to see what's on offer but so far nothing pops up.

What time does everyone plan to get to the ship on day one? I am trying to decide my travel to the port.

Twilight Trastevere Tour Friday 3/23/2018 - Update

https://www.eatingitalyfoodtours.com/rome/tours/twilight-trastevere/

Below is the current list of food tour participants. There is still room for more!

Friday, March 23rd, 2018 - deposit has been paid to secure our spot. (invoice 1461).

We are now up to 32 people for the food tour - the cost is $113.00 US

We will be split into possibly 3 groups - 4:15 & 5:00 & 5:45 are the tour start times.

Please let me know if any dietary restrictions (they cannot accommodate gluten or dairy free).

Please let me know if you would like to join us on this food tour!!

Name DIS Boards Name Count

Karen A @apurplebrat 1
Jason @JWren1234 1
Chris & Chuck @christannj 2
Micki & John @tardis1029 2
Kristy & Dustin @khertz & @DDuck4Life 2
Marilee & Dino @corky441 2
Will @met19 1
Kevin & Kate @Cousin Orville 2
Beth & Trish @MaryKatesMom 2
Chandra & Patty @bamagoofy 2
Bob & Nancy @Oilheadbob2017 2
Phil & Judi @TheMaxRebo 2
Karen & Bruce @kipper 2
Scott & Pam @sshaw10060 2
Erin & Gretchen @Enorto1 2
Christy @Chropistopy 1
Angela & Eva @Skip3key 2
Gene & Bobbi @disneytized13 2

Tour Description
Trastevere is a neighborhood like no other. Its ivy-coated, cobblestone streets come alive at night earning it comparisons to Greenwich Village and Paris’s Left Bank. It’s where Romans choose to eat with their families on a Sunday and where young Romans go for buzzing nightlife at evenings and weekends. You can’t leave Rome without walking through these streets, tasting the best food on offer, and taking a million pictures of this amazing hotspot.

On this guided 4-hour walking food tour we explore this photogenic neighborhood by night. You’ll sample a sumptuous blend of Italian classics like pizza and pasta, real Roman street food, less-known meats and cheeses, and amazing wine in a secret cellar – its history will blow you away. Few activities in Rome deliver as many hidden surprises and enchanting moments as this, so be sure to join us for an unforgettable night in one of our favorite neighborhoods in Rome. Take advantage of Rome’s vibrant nightlife by walking through the streets of Trastevere with a local.

A few of us did this tour during our September 2014 ABD Viva Italia. It was AWESOME!

Kristy did a great report located on the boards

https://www.disboards.com/threads/show-no-fear-dis-exclusive-viva-italia-dlp-tr-sept-2014-complete-new-tr-link-added-7-3.3335259/page-3#post-52386617

Hi All

I am at WDW right now so I don’t have my list of those who have paid.
If you need more time to pay just message me.
If you no longer wish to do the food tour please let me know.
We still have room for more if anyone else would like to join us.

Hi everyone! Trip is fast approaching! I am so excited.

Do you know when we can see excursions on My Viking Experience? I would like to see what's on offer but so far nothing pops up.

What time does everyone plan to get to the ship on day one? I am trying to decide my travel to the port.

I'm not sure when the excursions show up. On the website, the first guests to book (Owners Suite) can book 107 days prior. It's 112 days to the cruise. So, it should be very soon.

I'm not sure when we're getting to the ship. We're on the early morning Vatican tour (discussed here in the thread) that day. Do we know when we need to board by? It does't sail until 11:00pm, so I'm guessing there's no rush. Is anyone planning on doing afternoon activities in Rome, or are most people headed to the port early?

NEWS FLASH!!!

Viking tells me that shore excursions for our cruise will be made public on 1/15/2018.

They do this just to keep the uber planners on edge. :stir:

I know Kevin is a bit busy so I did a search and found this several pages back.

I looked at the Florence excursion and the price is per person and I thought that was a bit pricey. If you want to see Florence and Tuscany, the private tour company I'm working with, suggested a train from Rome into Florence and doing a walking tour and a Tuscany day trip out of Florence and then taking the train back to Rome in the evening. My original plan was a day trip out of Rome to Florence but the driving time is 4 hours and the train is 2. That gives me an extra 4 hours that day to tour.

Twilight Trastevere Tour Friday 3/23/2018 - Update

https://www.eatingitalyfoodtours.com/rome/tours/twilight-trastevere/

Below is the current list of food tour participants. There is still room for more!

Friday, March 23rd, 2018 - deposit has been paid to secure our spot. (invoice 1461).

We are now up to 32 people for the food tour - the cost is $113.00 US

We will be split into possibly 3 groups - 4:15 & 5:00 & 5:45 are the tour start times.

Please let me know if any dietary restrictions (they cannot accommodate gluten or dairy free).

Please let me know if you would like to join us on this food tour!!

Name DIS Boards Name Count

Karen A @apurplebrat 1
Jason @JWren1234 1
Chris & Chuck @christannj 2
Micki & John @tardis1029 2
Kristy & Dustin @khertz & @DDuck4Life 2
Marilee & Dino @corky441 2
Will @met19 1
Kevin & Kate @Cousin Orville 2
Beth & Trish @MaryKatesMom 2
Chandra & Patty @bamagoofy 2
Bob & Nancy @Oilheadbob2017 2
Phil & Judi @TheMaxRebo 2
Karen & Bruce @kipper 2
Scott & Pam @sshaw10060 2
Erin & Gretchen @Enorto1 2
Christy @Chropistopy 1
Angela & Eva @Skip3key 2
Gene & Bobbi @disneytized13 2

Tour Description
Trastevere is a neighborhood like no other. Its ivy-coated, cobblestone streets come alive at night earning it comparisons to Greenwich Village and Paris’s Left Bank. It’s where Romans choose to eat with their families on a Sunday and where young Romans go for buzzing nightlife at evenings and weekends. You can’t leave Rome without walking through these streets, tasting the best food on offer, and taking a million pictures of this amazing hotspot.

On this guided 4-hour walking food tour we explore this photogenic neighborhood by night. You’ll sample a sumptuous blend of Italian classics like pizza and pasta, real Roman street food, less-known meats and cheeses, and amazing wine in a secret cellar – its history will blow you away. Few activities in Rome deliver as many hidden surprises and enchanting moments as this, so be sure to join us for an unforgettable night in one of our favorite neighborhoods in Rome. Take advantage of Rome’s vibrant nightlife by walking through the streets of Trastevere with a local.

A few of us did this tour during our September 2014 ABD Viva Italia. It was AWESOME!

Kristy did a great report located on the boards

https://www.disboards.com/threads/show-no-fear-dis-exclusive-viva-italia-dlp-tr-sept-2014-complete-new-tr-link-added-

Hello fellow Karen! I just caught wind of the deadline" I will get us paid tomorrow.

We're also doing the morning Vatican tour Saturday, but I don't think we will plan on hanging around Rome too late. I was thinking we may do the tour, go back to the hotel to maybe have lunch nearby and collect our stuff, then head to the port.

Speaking of what time to get to the port, how is everyone getting there? Private transfer? Cab? Train?

I know Kevin is a bit busy so I did a search and found this several pages back.

I looked at the Florence excursion and the price is per person and I thought that was a bit pricey. If you want to see Florence and Tuscany, the private tour company I'm working with, suggested a train from Rome into Florence and doing a walking tour and a Tuscany day trip out of Florence and then taking the train back to Rome in the evening. My original plan was a day trip out of Rome to Florence but the driving time is 4 hours and the train is 2. That gives me an extra 4 hours that day to tour.

Thanks!!
We're also doing the morning Vatican tour Saturday, but I don't think we will plan on hanging around Rome too late. I was thinking we may do the tour, go back to the hotel to maybe have lunch nearby and collect our stuff, then head to the port.

This will most likely be our plan as well. We will probably book a private car. If anyone wants to share a ride after lunch, we could look into that option.

Thanks!!

This will most likely be our plan as well. We will probably book a private car. If anyone wants to share a ride after lunch, we could look into that option.

May be interested in the car hire possibly too. Or at least what company you’re looking at. I need some ideas

We were looking into doing a private car, and are open to sharing a ride if anyone is interested.

We are on the early morning Vatican tour as well, then we will head back and check out of the hotel most likely. There was a very good pizza restaurant diagonally across from the hotel 3 years ago but on the other hand I wonder if we will get back in time to get breakfast. We would be up for sharing a ride with people to the port as well.

Chris

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts