Dis / Dreams Viking Sea Cruise around Italy 3/24 - 3/31/2018

We have been on the Disney Dream and they have staggered boarding on the departure day. Does anyone know when your able to board the ship? I'm still going through the thread so I hope I'm not asking a question that has already been answered.

Boarding is at your leisure anytime after 11:00am

Stateroom availability is contingent on your stateroom category

Boarding is at your leisure anytime after 11:00am

Stateroom availability is contingent on your stateroom category
Will they take your luggage if you board and your stateroom isn't available yet. Trying to set up a time for transfer from Rome and don't want to be sitting with our luggage to long.

Thinking about getting the Silver drink package. Trying to decide if it is worth purchasing. Seeing we having a shipboard credit, and drinks would be paid for with the package, not sure what else we would use the credit for. Any thoughts?

Thinking about getting the Silver drink package. Trying to decide if it is worth purchasing. Seeing we having a shipboard credit, and drinks would be paid for with the package, not sure what else we would use the credit for. Any thoughts?
This might be known already but I just confirmed that you can add the drink package when boarding the ship and are able to use the ship board credit towards the package.

There are gratuities to be paid.
The OBC can help cover those

The drink package seems to be a great value.

Drinks after returning from shore excursions, before dinner and after dinner are all extra. Also, with the package, the wine upgrades are covered too.

Will they take your luggage if you board and your stateroom isn't available yet. Trying to set up a time for transfer from Rome and don't want to be sitting with our luggage to long.

Yes, they’ll hold your luggage until your stateroom is ready

There are gratuities to be paid.
The OBC can help cover those

The drink package seems to be a great value.

Drinks after returning from shore excursions, before dinner and after dinner are all extra. Also, with the package, the wine upgrades are covered too.

I was on the fence about the drink package, but knowing the on board credit can help with that is pushing me towards getting it. Not sure how many drinks we would have a day but not having to worry about it (and the wine upgrades) for minimal cost (after the OBC) seems to make it a bit of a no brainer

Can you use OBC towards excursions or is that separate?

We are arriving in Rome on the 21st. Never been to Rome so we wanted a couple days to explore. Anyone else going to be there that early.
Welcome!
Yes, A lot are arriving earlier in the week to explore Rome.
After reading through the posts we decided to book a room at Sina Bernini Bristol. Seems to be a good location and many of the cruisers are staying there. We've gotten a ton of information from here and can't wait to meet the people that have provided such help along the way. My husband Joe and I haven't been on a cruise before and are definitely the newbies!
Jenn

We are arriving in Rome on the 21st. Never been to Rome so we wanted a couple days to explore. Anyone else going to be there that early.

We aren't arriving until the morning of Friday the 23rd - but we are doing the food tour that evening that many of us are doing and then doing an early morning Vatican tour (that several of us are doing) Saturday morning before heading to the port after lunch

We are also staying at the Bernini Bristol that @travelinjenn mentioned

Can you use OBC towards excursions or is that separate?

I know that any excursion you book pre cruise had to be paid for upon booking.

The OBC doesn’t become available until you board.
If you wait to book an excursion after boarding, I would guess you could apply the OBC to the cost. Not 100% sure on that though

We leave the states Wednesday evening and arrive on Thursday morning.

Like many others, we’re staying at the Bernini too

A great way to get a good feel for Rome is the Hop On Hop Off bus

It’s a narrated tour of the city which allows you to get off at any stop and then reboard another bus and continue through the city.

We’re probably going to do this on Friday during the day before the Trastevere Walking food tour in the evening

It’s a narrated tour of the city which allows you to get off at any stop and then reboard another bus and continue through the city.

We’re probably going to do this on Friday during the day before the Trastevere Walking food tour in the evening

This is our plan too. Great minds!

We leave the states Wednesday evening and arrive on Thursday morning.

Like many others, we’re staying at the Bernini too

my plans too :upsidedow:yay:

Love the hop on hop off buses! We are getting into Rome Wednesday morning and then we will ride the bus for a bit to get an overview of the city while we wait to check in. We are doing a Dark Rome colosseum tour Thursday and Vatican on Friday. Hoping to burn off one of the jet leg before the cruise starts. Can’t wait

Set the alarm for 2:55am ... in order to book our shore excursions.

Dino & I will be doing:

Naples — Pompeii @12:45

Sicily — Mt. Etna and Taormina

Crotone — Hilltop Santa Severina

Bari — Walking Tour @9:00

Sibenik — Promenade @9:00

I couldn’t risk having Pompeii and Mt.Etna selling out.

I think I’ll be napping this afternoon

Last edited:
I didn't set my alarm, but our three year old woke us up around 3am so figured while up I nights as well schedule our excursions.

Judi and I are doing:

Naples: included tour at 1:30pm

Messina: private tour organized here going to the Bambino Winery and Taormina (*still room for one more if anyone interested!*)

Crotone: private tour organized here (by Cousin Orville) to Ceraudo Winery plus TBD

Bari: included tour at 9:30

Sibenik - included tour at 9:45

Venice - The Island and the Abbey

Hope everyone go what they wanted!

and we are like a week away from being able to book the specialty dining, right? (Said 60 days out)

@DDuck4Life and I didn’t want to risk missing out on any of the excursions wanted so we too set our alarms for 2 am and got everything we wanted!

Naples: Pompeii
Sicily: Ancient City of Tindari (also signed up for the later included tour in case we make it back in enough time)
Crotone: Le Castella & its Fortifications
Bari: Castellana Caves & Polignano a Mare
Sibenik: Historic Split & Diocletian’s Palace
Venice: St. Mark’s Square (included tour). We are booking a separate Murano/Burano tour on this afternoon through a different company.

@TheMaxRebo We had our dining plans ready to go last night too but yes, one more week until we can do that! At least we are already prepared lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter