Dis / Dreams Viking Sea Cruise around Italy 3/24 - 3/31/2018

And finally reading through my hotel confirmation email it appears ours (Hotel Artemide) also provides transfers to and from the airport and/or port at a competitive rate. Sorry about the double post :)

I had been looking at Rome Cabs as well. Decent pricing and good ratings.

We checked another thing off our to-do list and booked our Murano/Burano Tour! We decided to go with Dark Rome instead of the Viking excursion because it was quite a bit cheaper.

I have this crazy idea... tell me if you thought about this also....... Paris is less than a 2 hour flight away, I was thinking about going to Paris for a day, to go to DLP, then fly home.... Am I crazy?

I have this crazy idea... tell me if you thought about this also....... Paris is less than a 2 hour flight away, I was thinking about going to Paris for a day, to go to DLP, then fly home.... Am I crazy?

Not crazy at all. This is exactly what we did after the Viva Italia ABD. All of the flights home went through Charles de Gaulle and we never knew when we would be back there with an opportunity like this to see DLP so we decided on an extended layover. We flew into CDG that afternoon spent the night and had a full day in the parks before flying out the following morning. Definitely worth it.

Paris is less than a 2 hour flight away, I was thinking about going to Paris for a day, to go to DLP, then fly home.... Am I crazy?
Keep in mind that a 2=hour flight is actually more like 4 hours when you add the time to check in on the front end and getting your bags once you get there. Then you need to actually get from CDG to DLP. Yes, it is do-able.

Are you crazy? That's an entirely different question. ;)

Not crazy at all. My husband and I have a layover on the way to Rome in Dublin so we made our layover a stay over. Gotta take advantage of everything you can when you travel. Never know when you'll get the chance to visit again! I say go for it!

Hello all-
4 of us (@Cousin Orville and his significant other, @bamagoofy, and myself) are taking the below tour privately. We've added on the underground portion of the colosseum for an additional fee. Their are two spots left if anyone is interested in the colosseum, the forum and ancient Rome. If interested let me me know. Date/Time 830am on March 22nd.

https://www.contexttravel.com/cities/rome/tours/roma-antica-tour

Any chance you still have 2 spots left? I have been so busy with work I am just now catching up on the Boards.

I have never been on a cruise before and am looking for some advise on wardrobe. I know comfortable shoes for the excursions. But can we get away with jeans on the excursions? How dressy is dinner on the ship? Should I pack a dress for dinner? Slacks? Any hints or suggestions as to what to bring are appreciated.

I have never been on a cruise before and am looking for some advise on wardrobe. I know comfortable shoes for the excursions. But can we get away with jeans on the excursions? How dressy is dinner on the ship? Should I pack a dress for dinner? Slacks? Any hints or suggestions as to what to bring are appreciated.

All ships/cruise lines are a little different. Here is what Viking says on their site:

What Is The Dress Code?

Dress during the day is casual including shorts (if the season is warm), pants or jeans and comfortable shoes for walking tours. Swimsuits, brief shorts, cover-ups and exercise attire should be reserved for the Fitness Center, pool areas and Sports Deck. There are no “formal nights” in the evening; evening dress is “elegant casual” for all dining venues after 6:00 PM, performances and special events. On these occasions, required attire for ladies includes a dress, skirt or slacks with a sweater or blouse; for gentlemen, trousers and a collared shirt. A tie and jacket are optional.

-------------

Only other thing I would add is that it is Holy Week when we are there so if any excursions involve any religious sites you might want to et on a bit more dressed up/neat/respectful

Just to add further to what @TheMaxRebo has said above, also remember that the weather forecast for the various ports we will be visiting is for cooler weather. Long sleeves, pants and layers are probably needed on most shore excursions. It remains to be seen what the on-board temperatures will be so having some options will be good.

All ships/cruise lines are a little different. Here is what Viking says on their site:

What Is The Dress Code?

Dress during the day is casual including shorts (if the season is warm), pants or jeans and comfortable shoes for walking tours. Swimsuits, brief shorts, cover-ups and exercise attire should be reserved for the Fitness Center, pool areas and Sports Deck. There are no “formal nights” in the evening; evening dress is “elegant casual” for all dining venues after 6:00 PM, performances and special events. On these occasions, required attire for ladies includes a dress, skirt or slacks with a sweater or blouse; for gentlemen, trousers and a collared shirt. A tie and jacket are optional.

-------------

Only other thing I would add is that it is Holy Week when we are there so if any excursions involve any religious sites you might want to et on a bit more dressed up/neat/respectful
Well "elegant casual" it is. Thank you so much for the information:)

Stuff like elegant casual annoys me. I went to a wedding once at a country club and the dress was beach casual. What does that even mean? Wear a bathing suit? Shorts weren’t allowed at the country club but isn’t that what you wear at the beach??

I’ll probably be wearing black slacks and a a couple of different tops that will rotate around. I have to get everything in one carry on so that’s all I can bring. That’s all my mom is planning to do too. I told Mom if the other dinning room people look too fancy we’ll just eat at one of the more casual options, so no worries.

For shore excursions I plan on wearing jeans or khaki style slacks along with my favorite broken in sneakers or flats.
I’ll be bringing long sleeve tees, light weight cotton sweaters and long sleeve blouses.
I have a light weight quilted vest, a suede jacket and a bulky knit poncho style cover up in addition to a blanket scarf for layering.

During the afternoon on board, I’ll probably have leggings and casual slacks to wear.

For evenings, I’ll be bringing dress slacks and some dressier tops to wear

No dresses, no heels

Working on making sure everything mixes and matches.
No odd ball colors or patterns that can only be worn once or with only one other piece.

Still hemming and hawing about a bathing suit for the spa pool???

For shore excursions I plan on wearing jeans or khaki style slacks along with my favorite broken in sneakers or flats.
I’ll be bringing long sleeve tees, light weight cotton sweaters and long sleeve blouses.
I have a light weight quilted vest, a suede jacket and a bulky knit poncho style cover up in addition to a blanket scarf for layering.

During the afternoon on board, I’ll probably have leggings and casual slacks to wear.

For evenings, I’ll be bringing dress slacks and some dressier tops to wear

No dresses, no heels

Working on making sure everything mixes and matches.
No odd ball colors or patterns that can only be worn once or with only one other piece.

Still hemming and hawing about a bathing suit for the spa pool???

I don't plan on bring any dresses either. Nicer slacks and tops for evening as well.
Jeans and such for excursions. Layers for the weather. scarf and maybe light gloves.

typical color scheme black and purple. :upsidedow

I am struggling with this a bit too as I don’t want to overpack. I have some long sleeved shirts and comfortable pants and shoes for the excursions. I was going to bring a pair of black pants with a couple of top options and maybe a few casual dresses with a pair of black flats to wear to dinner. Some of the shirts I’m bringing for daywear could be paired with the black pants for dinner. I’ll also be bringing a jacket for excursions and a cardigan to cover up for dinner if it’s cool in the dining rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!