DIS DVC 1000 Point Club (post #1 updated 02/10/2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We purchased our first resale contract just over a year ago - 1291 Points at VGF and then followed that with a 75 Point Direct purchase at CC - for a total of 1366 points.

Welcome and Congratulations :)

Curious, how many of us never rent a point? I started out saying we would instead we are borrowed out! To be fair, we gave away 900 points last year to friends and family and about 200 this year but I am telling myself, that's it. Time to get stingy for a while. We had to rent for our January trip!!! Truly never enough points. : D

We own at VGC and Aulani and have a total of 2,260 points and have never rented out. I was also curious about how many others did not rent out who had higher amounts of points. We bought the points for our use. We often take extended family and friends with us and participate in runDisney events. Now that DL doesn't have events our points may be used at Aulani more often. 2,040 of the points belong to my husband and I only and there are 2-110 point contracts that are in our name and with our adult daughter and the other with our son and his wife so they could get member benefits.

We own at VGC and Aulani and have a total of 2,260 points and have never rented out. I was also curious about how many others did not rent out who had higher amounts of points. We bought the points for our use. We often take extended family and friends with us and participate in runDisney events. Now that DL doesn't have events our points may be used at Aulani more often. 2,040 of the points belong to my husband and I only and there are 2-110 point contracts that are in our name and with our adult daughter and the other with our son and his wife so they could get member benefits.

Welcome and congratulations :)

My goal is 100 points every 2 years. Ideally want to become a snow bird at WDW for 3 months a year. Currently at 300, so only 14 years to go to join the 1000 club

I just stumbled upon this thread...holy maintenance fees!! 😱 forgive me if I’m wrong but wouldn’t it be more productive to invest in a property instead?!

I just stumbled upon this thread...holy maintenance fees!! 😱 forgive me if I’m wrong but wouldn’t it be more productive to invest in a property instead?!

That depends on what your objectives are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter