DIS DVC 1000 Point Club (post #1 updated 02/10/2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just stumbled upon this thread...holy maintenance fees!! 😱 forgive me if I’m wrong but wouldn’t it be more productive to invest in a property instead?!

It’s harder to do as a single millennial unfortunately. I wouldn’t buy anywhere without resort like amenities, and good security (especially as a female). Places like that in the Orlando area have MF of $600+/month anyways, and I’m still responsible to furnish it, upkeep it and insure it. I only plan on using it 3 months a year and I don’t have the time or inclination to become a vacation rental landlord.

I’d rather just pay for my points, pay my maintenance fees yearly, and have all the rest be Disney’s problem.

Never rented. Don't think we ever will. Family will always take them if we can't go.

hi there,

I know I previously said we used every point, but we have just rented our points for GF and BLT. We used David’s and so far it has been easy. We shall see,

Wow, assuming an average of about 175 points per week in a 1 BR in BWV or BCV, with 8000 points you could stay there for about 46 weeks out of the year (realizing there are time limits on any stay). However I don't think I could stand the food that long. haha Up here at Stew Leonards (a famous dairy store) they sell Mickey Bars 6 for $7 versus about $6 for one in the parks.

One could stay year-round, but think of the annual dues on 8000 points. One could probably rent / buy a 3-bedroom house next door in Celebration for this kind of money.

Yes, just like Pennsylvania’s school tax.....:crazy2:
In IL we have state, local, and one of the highest property taxes in the country. I was just commenting to Dh wondering how people can afford the maintenance fees on 1000+ points and decided that most must not pay much property tax. If our property tax was lower we could definitely afford it!

Maybe some day. ;)

Just found this thread- very impressed with all the 1000 plus. I agree if my property taxes weren't $12,000 plus i could afford so much more. lol I could add on about 100 points per year cash. Oh well, welcome to Bergen County NJ lol

So ... given the various restrictions added over the years ... should this list be pared to only include "direct" or fully grand-fathered points (pre-restrictions)?

One could stay year-round, but think of the annual dues on 8000 points. One could probably rent / buy a 3-bedroom house next door in Celebration for this kind of money.
I don't think the dues are the concern here. The million dollars it would take to purchase that many points is the bigger obstacle I would think.

So ... given the various restrictions added over the years ... should this list be pared to only include "direct" or fully grand-fathered points (pre-restrictions)?
I don't think folks should be restricted from joining the list, but I do think it would be interesting to see how the Direct vs. Resale points numbers break down for people. I am 770 direct purchase/320 resale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!