DIS DVC 1000 Point Club (post #1 updated 02/10/2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just found this thread- very impressed with all the 1000 plus. I agree if my property taxes weren't $12,000 plus i could afford so much more. lol I could add on about 100 points per year cash. Oh well, welcome to Bergen County NJ lol

Agree, my taxes for a 2200 sq foot house run about $16,000 and then I'm also killed with a high state tax and a depressed housing market in CT. Trying desperately to buy a home in Orlando but am getting outbid on every home. Crazy market.

Agree, my taxes for a 2200 sq foot house run about $16,000 and then I'm also killed with a high state tax and a depressed housing market in CT. Trying desperately to buy a home in Orlando but am getting outbid on every home. Crazy market.

I know my best friend moved to Orlando and when she told my her taxes were about $2,000; I asked a month lol??? I'm still young I'll be in NJ for a while lol

Right there with you on the CT taxes...plus childcare expenses for us still. Some day, we will move away to where property taxes are much less than $20k a year on a 2600 sq ft home. Some day...

Just found this thread- very impressed with all the 1000 plus. I agree if my property taxes weren't $12,000 plus i could afford so much more. lol I could add on about 100 points per year cash. Oh well, welcome to Bergen County NJ lol
Exactly why I left Bergen County NJ! I know the pain!

Considering the 150,000 + points represented here, do you think Disney is going to give a break on maintenance fees considering the shutdown?
And I saw they were extending the contracts for people ending in March April (unless I read that wrong). Its anyone's guess if they will extend the rest of us.

Considering the 150,000 + points represented here, do you think Disney is going to give a break on maintenance fees considering the shutdown?
And I saw they were extending the contracts for people ending in March April (unless I read that wrong). Its anyone's guess if they will extend the rest of us.
They are not extending contracts, just extending 2018/2019 points expiration dates.
There may be a reduction in the maintenance fees - but the DVC resorts still need upkeep: taxes and insurance need to be paid, the gardens need to be tended, there needs to be security, and the A/C needs to work in the rooms. I think we are lucky if we get back $0.25 per point.

Last edited:
Thanks for the clarity on the points. Re fees, I know there has to be some upkeep but I was thinking that the majority of housekeeping staff must have been furloughed which I thought was a significant portion.

I reserved a week in November but at this point, with my DW working in a NY hospital as a NICU nurse and slowly being rotated to other areas where the nursing staff is short because they were catching the virus, not sure we will come for the rest of 2020 and she already said no way on a Winter visit with both the Flu and Corona issue potentially hitting at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!