DIS Exclusive Backstage Magic Adventure 12/2 - 12/7/2018 - SOLD OUT!

One week from today we will be meeting our guides and getting this adventure underway!!!

For those that are arriving a few days early here are a couple of suggestions for places to eat:
  • LA Farmers Market. You'll need to taxi/uber/lyft to get there. Lots of choices of places to eat. We love Bob's Donuts (don't judge), Monsieur Marcel, and Magee's Kitchen (deli).
  • 25 Degrees at the Roosevelt Hotel. Easy walk from the Loews Hotel, right across the street from the Chinese Theater. Great burgers. Be sure to check out the lobby of the hotel - its very reminiscent of the Tower of Terror decor'
  • Canters Deli. Its not far but you'll need to taxi/uber/lyft to get there. Really good Jewish Deli. Great place for Breakfast.

Thanks for the suggestions. We were planning on going to the Farmers market on Saturday for dinner. I had heard there was lots of choices for dinner. It's our final week before our adventure starts. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Oh, and for packing purposes the weather poses a challenge for those of us more accustomed to warmer climates. Highs in the mid-60's and lows in the mid-40's. Considering we will have some late nights and early mornings we will certainly need layers.

Made it to LA for my pre-nights. Will be transferring to the Lowe's Hotel later today. Welcome to a rainy and cool LA!

We arrived yesterday. Staying a few days around Disneyland. Going to visit some of the areas around where I grew up. Leaving cold, cold Michigan for warm California is so nice. Looking forward to meeting everybody . We check into the Lowe's on Saturday.

Oh, and for packing purposes the weather poses a challenge for those of us more accustomed to warmer climates. Highs in the mid-60's and lows in the mid-40's. Considering we will have some late nights and early mornings we will certainly need layers.

I agree. We walked around Downtown Disney last night and you can tell it gets cool in the evening. Not like Michigan where it is just cold all the time.

What area did you grow up in? I’m not looking forward to driving to work this morning in the rain.

I was born in Long Beach a long time ago...

We also lived in San Pedro, Anaheim, and Fountain Valley. If the rain let's up we may drive down to Fountain Valley and Hunington & Newport Beach later. Maybe find a nice place for dinner. What area do you live in ? Drive careful and have a good day at work.

Well I left a chilly Raleigh, but probably not quite as cold as Michigan. So it is definitely warmer here. This trip was definitely more challenging to pack for. At least when you typically go to WDW, it is short weather almost year round.

It's been in the high 20's and low 30's for about 2 weeks now in Michigan. We had one day in the 40's where we went with our Grandson to cut down our Christmas tree.

Last edited:
I was born in Long Beach a long time ago...

We also lived in San Pedro, Anaheim, and Fountain Valley. If the rain let's up we may drive down to Fountain Valley and Hunington & Newport Beach later. Maybe find a nice place for dinner. What area do you live in ? Drive careful and have a good day at work.
In the South Bay Area. I grew up in Manhattan beach and live just east of there now.

My last day of work is tomorrow! Yay!! It's in the 50s today in Florida. I saw it will be similar in California. Would you guys suggest shorts and jeans? Living in Florida I wear jeans and long sleeves maybe one week out of the year lol. I'm excited to meet you all!

Would you guys suggest shorts and jeans?

This is the dilemma I was having while trying to pack and keep things to a single piece of luggage. Jeans definitely take up more room than shorts. I ended packing both shorts and jeans. When we get to the DLR area, I will probably wear shorts at the parks (unless it is really cold in the morning). But since we are staying right there at the Grand, if needed for the evenings (and time permitting), I can go switch into jeans.

I think it will really depend on your comfort level with the cooler temperatures. Even in Raleigh, I have seen people at work wear shorts when the high is in the 30's and 40's. So it is all really what you want to wear to be comfortable.

It is cold here which makes dressing easy. I am packing layers. Got to get Mom and I packed today and I will travel tomorrow to Norfolk, VA and fly out with Morgan from there.
Take care. Looking forward to meeting everyone. I think we will explore the LA Farmers Market for dinner on Saturday. Anyone what to join us? We could try a small meet up.

Morgan and I might just be up for that. We are supposed to arrive at LAX at 12:30 but I am expecting that we night have a delay in Chicago if it is snowing there. What time were you thinking?

My last day of work is tomorrow! Yay!! It's in the 50s today in Florida. I saw it will be similar in California. Would you guys suggest shorts and jeans? Living in Florida I wear jeans and long sleeves maybe one week out of the year lol. I'm excited to meet you all!
As of right now the high is not going to be above 65 most of next week. And that’s at the peak of the day which is between 12-4pm. I live here and will not be packing any shorts for this trip. Just a little too chilly.

I’m hoping the rain forecasted for next Wednesday either drops off the forecast or holds off until after we get to take pics in front of the castle.

It is cold here which makes dressing easy. I am packing layers. Got to get Mom and I packed today and I will travel tomorrow to Norfolk, VA and fly out with Morgan from there.

Morgan and I might just be up for that. We are supposed to arrive at LAX at 12:30 but I am expecting that we night have a delay in Chicago if it is snowing there. What time were you thinking?

Anytime would be fine. You can just let me know here. Hope you don't get stuck in Chicago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!