DIS Exclusive Exclusive February BSM 2/17-2/22/14 Almost SOLD OUT!

DisneyKevin

Kelvis
Super Moderator
Howdy Folks!

This is our thread to plot, plan, obsess and discuss our February 2014 Backstage Magic Adventure.

The dates for this Adventure are 2/17 - 2/22/14.

The cost of this Adventure is:

adults: $2579.00 based on double occupancy
children: $2449.00
singles: $3609.00

If you would like to travel with the Dis, please drop me an email at Kevin@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com.

Your Fellow Travelers:

Chad - whodini
Lindsay
Pam - scrappinDW
Dylan
Marilyn
Mark
Margaret
Patricia
Kristin - Bornteach
Donald
Jill
Elaine
Leif
Chandra
Rob - kuzco-like
Gregory
Justina
Sil - silmarg
Margaret Ann
Lauren
Rosie
Angela - LionKingRules84
Ryan
Kevin P.
Melpi
Lee - lily66
Stewart
Kevin - DisneyKevin
John - WebmasterJohn

I'm so excited for this trip. Can't wait to meet everyone!!!
This will be my second ABD Backstage Magic trip, loved it the first time. I know this one will be special too. And we will be getting out of Iowa in the winter.

I have added Patricia, Kristin and Margaret to our list of Adventurers!!

:dance3:Welcome:dance3:

Yay! Welcome to all the new folks.

Lindsay and I are considering flying to San Francisco the weekend before the trip to visit the Walt Disney Family Museum. Trying to make the most of a cross-country trip and figured it was a good way to kick off the BSM trip.

Kevin, thanks for welcoming me. This will be my first ABD and first time booking with Dreams (no pressure). Can't wait until February!

Rob

Please help me welcome Sil, Margaret, Lauren, Rose, Angela and Ryan to our Adventure.

:banana::yay::banana::yay::banana::yay:

Thanks Kevin! Not only am I super excited for this but love to see a few familiar faces for this trip:-)wave2: to Chad and Lindsay)!

Unlike the other ABD trip this will be my first trip to the West Coast and it's during my 30th Birthday! (well after but still only two weeks after you celebrate birthdays for a whole month now right?)

Can't wait to meet both new and old friends and experience Hollywood, Disneyland and the Disney Studios with all of you!! :yay:

Please help me welcome Sil, Margaret, Lauren, Rose, Angela and Ryan to our Adventure.

:banana::yay::banana::yay::banana::yay:

Hey howdy hey! This is Sil. DW is Margaret Ann. I have two DDs (Lauren 14 and Rosie 11) who will be joining us for our first ABD. (Curious is any other kids are coming).

We are avid Disney fans (in fact we just got off the Fantasy on Saturday celebrating my parents 50th anniversary) and are now at Disney World. I put a deposit on this trip while driving from MCO to the port as one should either be on a Disney vacation or planning a future Disney vacation - and I decided to do both (and I wanted to book before this ABD sold out).

We r NYers. Will try to snag a villas at grand cal wait list for a few days before the trip (but am thinking about SF/family museum also... But DW is not keen on flying into SF and driving to LA - she's a worrier (keep that between us)).

I have been a podcast listener form early on (2007 or so) and have only recently begun to watch the podcast. I've only ever met Walter Echols (at the storefront in cocoa beach) and use dreams as my agency for all cruises.

We tend to vacation during presidents week and last week of August / first week of sept depending on how the school calendar falls - so we were excited to see this ABD scheduled for presidents week. (I am bummed to hear Club 33 will be under refurb when we r there). But think the ABD will be great fun none the less.

Can't wait to meet u all!

Hiya Angela! Glad to see we'll have some familiar faces on the trip (besides John and Kevin).

So glad to see the trip is filling up.

Sil - Lindsay (DW) and I are actually in the process of moving back to NJ, so we'll be flying out to San Francisco on Saturday morning for 2 nights and then flying down to LAX on Monday afternoon. The price from JFK isn't too horrible right now for a multi-leg trip. We were also bummed about Club 33, but maybe we'll be able to get into 1901 instead.

And here's news for everyone. That Sunday February 23rd is the next Dapper Day at Disneyland. They just had their event yesterday and the photos make it look incredibly fun - so much that it even made Buzzfeed http://www.buzzfeed.com/hollymyer/disneyland-dapper-day-the-height-of-snazzy-fashio-ciu1. But here's the best part - they have heavily discounted room rates at DLR for that weekend http://dapperday.com/feb-23-2014-disneyland. The GC is $225 for Saturday and Sunday night - that's less than half the $529 that ABD quoted. We're thinking of staying through Sunday and either taking a red eye back or just leave first thing Monday.

Hiya Angela! Glad to see we'll have some familiar faces on the trip (besides John and Kevin).

Sil - Lindsay (DW) and I are actually in the process of moving back to NJ, so we'll be flying out to San Francisco on Saturday morning for 2 nights and then flying down to LAX on Monday afternoon. The price from JFK isn't too horrible right now for a multi-leg trip. We were also bummed about Club 33, but maybe we'll be able to get into 1901 instead.

And here's news for everyone. That Sunday February 23rd is the next Dapper Day at Disneyland. They just had their event yesterday and the photos make it look incredibly fun - so much that it even made Buzzfeed http://www.buzzfeed.com/hollymyer/disneyland-dapper-day-the-height-of-snazzy-fashio-ciu1. But here's the best part - they have heavily discounted room rates at DLR for that weekend http://dapperday.com/feb-23-2014-disneyland. The GC is $225 for Saturday and Sunday night - that's less than half the $529 that ABD quoted. We're thinking of staying through Sunday and either taking a red eye back or just leave first thing Monday.

Airfare does seem reasonable out of JFK and Newark. We will likely return on Saturday so the kids can adjust to the time change and be ready for school on Monday.

I will be looking for hotel days pre-ABD (maybe leave NYC on Fri evening). Either SFO or in DLR. I am waitlisted for Grand Cal DVC, but I am not hopeful that it will clear... if the DLR room rates are that cheap the weekend before I will jump on it!

We talked about Dapper Day on the 9/12 DIS Unplugged: Disneyland Edition podcast. It DOES sound fun!

09/12/13 DIS Unplugged: Disneyland Edition

Is anyone else on the trip heading down for Disapalooza? We just got back from a weekend at Food & Wine and are counting the days til we head back in December. If others are going maybe we can do a little mini meetup at some point during the weekend.

Is anyone else on the trip heading down for Disapalooza? We just got back from a weekend at Food & Wine and are counting the days til we head back in December. If others are going maybe we can do a little mini meetup at some point during the weekend.

I wish I was going!

Enjoy!

Stunned with some good news today.

My waitlist at Villas @ Grand California (DVC) cleared today. There were no rooms at any category are all the dates I needed - so I figured I would get stuck paying cash. Thrilled to be back... VGC has the best 1BRs @ DVC (IMO).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!