Dis Exclusive July Backstage Magic Adventure 7/6-7/11 Sold Out

DisneyKevin

Kelvis
Super Moderator
Howdy Folks!

This is our thread to plot, plan, obsess and discuss our July 2014 Backstage Magic Adventure.

The dates for this Adventure are 7/6 - 7/11/2014.

The cost of this Adventure is:

adults: $2579.00 based on double occupancy
children: $2449.00
singles: $3609.00

We have very few spaces left for this Adventure.

If you would like to travel with the Dis, please drop me an email at Kevin@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com.

Your Fellow Travelers:

Melissa - msteddom
Cristen - ninecrayons
Patrick - WaDiWo
Ninfa
Ethan
Sarah - JacksGirlz
Eliana
Laura
Sterling
Scott
Vonda
Emily
Adam
Kathy - DVC Kathy
David C. - drclaws
Dave - dmwang9
Kim - Chirurgeon
Alicia - mzalicia
Karen - YodasMom
Glenn
Patricia
Cheryn
Brandon
Tom
Margaret
Bonnie - BonnieMB
Sara - Saramc
Jason - JWren1234
Kevin H
Glenda
Blair
Ryan
Sandy - Miss SD
Claire
Kevin - DisneyKevin
John - WebmasterJohn (aka Genius)

Hello, fellow travelers! :wave2:

I'm the "David W" in Kevin's list. My name is Dave Wang (pronounced "wong"), and if you call me "David", I will probably look down at my feet and mumble "Sorry, Mom" -- hey, childhood reflexes are hard to suppress, you know? ;)

Anyway, I'm totally psyched to be on this trip. I'm a high school teacher and was ecstatic when I saw that there was a DIS ABD trip that fit my school vacation schedule.

I'm an experienced solo traveler and will by solo on this trip as well. Can't wait to meet everyone else! Only 356 days to go!

-- Dave

Hi everyone!

I'm "Patrick" above. Looking forward to this trip ... it will be my family's first time on an ABD trip and first time in DL in a loooooong time! :cool1: love the podcast and can't wait to meet our fellow travellers.

Hello, fellow Adventurers and Disney nuts,

I'm so looking forward to sharing this journey with y'all!

I was born and raised in Baton Rouge but now hail from the (mostly) lovely city of Nashville.

I'm jtishere on here, Instagram and the Twitter.

I've been a Disney geek all my life, so this trip is a complete dream come true and will be this WDW veteran's first DLR experience.

I'll be traveling solo and can't wait to meet all of you. Can we leave tomorrow? :)

JT

Hi, Kim here. This will be my second BSM tour. So I must have liked the first one to do another. I plan on a couple extra days at the beginning of the trip. And probably three or four extra at DLR. As an East Coast person this is only my second trip to Disney Land. It is so different from WDW. I need a lot more time there. I love reading the other trips threads. They have such good information. Less than a year to go. :rotfl2:

Kim

Hi Everyone!

My name is Melissa and I'm beyond excited to be going on this trip!!! I will be travelling solo, but rooming with Cristen. Like Dave, I am also a high school teacher, so this trip fits into my schedule perfectly! I actually live in Los Angeles, so I won't have to travel far to meet everyone. I am most excited about seeing Imagineering. It will be amazing! Looking foward to getting to know all of you!

Melissa

Howdy all!

I'm Cristen and I'm incredibly excited for this trip! I'm going solo, but glad to be rooming with Melissa. :) Like both Melissa and Dave, I am a teacher! This year I'll be teaching Language Arts to sixth graders. I was born and raised in NYC and now I live in Sarasota, FL which is on the Gulf or West Coast of Florida and about an hour and a half away from WDW.

Overall, the BSM trip will be my third trip to DLR. (This weekend I'm actually heading out to California for a few days at DLR and a drive up the Pacific Coast Highway.) I am most excited for Imagineering and Mickey's of Glendale! I've wanted to do this trip for ages and am so glad to finally have a trip that fits into my schedule!

Looking forward to getting to know you all. :)

I am Sarah and my DD is Eliana. :wave2:

She will have just turned 16 prior to this trip so I thought it would be a great bday gift. We just got home from 2 back to back ABD trips, Germany then Ireland. These were also for her birthday so I think birthday ABD trips may become a habit. ;)

We have both been to DLR many times but can't wait to experience it in a new way.

Hello all!!!

I am Karen from northwest Chicagoland area. This will be my 2nd ABD - BSM tour and I am scheduled to do my first one this October for the adults only trip. I wasn't available for any of the DIS exclusive tours this year, so I signed up for the October one. However, I couldn't stop thinking about really wanting to do the DIS exclusive one, so I signed up for this one too. :lmao: Hey, why not ;)

I am soooo excited and have been wanting to do this tour since it was birthed by ABD!!! I love anything and everything related to Disney history. I am busy planning my pre-tour day and a half and also post-tour. Trying to design most or all my pre-tour activities to all be Walt-centered. Since I'm going to be spending 4 extra post-tour days at DL in October this year, I may take off after next years BSM tour and head up to Yosemite, but I will wait to see how I feel about that after this year's trip.

I am a DVC member and travel to WDW around 3 times a year since it opened. This will only be my 3rd visit to DL, though, with the 2nd trip being this year's BSM trip. I haven't been to DL since I was 16 so I'm sure I won't recognize it!

I'm really looking forward to this trip and meeting everyone:cool1:

Hello Fellow Travelers!

I'm Alicia. I'm an Oregon native and think of Disneyland as my "home" park. This will be my 2nd Dis-exclusive ABD Backstage Magic tour, but this time I'm going solo (aka kid-free). I'm roommates with Kim (Chirurgeon) on this trip, who I met on my first ABD Backstage Magic trip, July 2012.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all! You are going to LOVE this tour!!!.

Alicia

No spoilers! :) I'm so looking forward to this trip, but I'm so afraid to read anything about BSM or even listen to the podcast when they talk about it because I don't want any surprises ruined. Hahaha, please forgive my neurosis! :)

No spoilers, Patrick. Only saying there are so many surprises it is so worth it. I missed some things that I wanted to do. Like getting a burger at the Roosevelt Hotel in Hollywood. Making sure my camera wasn't set incorrectly making me miss a bunch of photos. Hoping a certain LA based podcaster and friend will take me back up Mulholland Drive to get some of those shots again.

Kim

No spoilers, Patrick. Only saying there are so many surprises it is so worth it. I missed some things that I wanted to do. Like getting a burger at the Roosevelt Hotel in Hollywood. Making sure my camera wasn't set incorrectly making me miss a bunch of photos. Hoping a certain LA based podcaster and friend will take me back up Mulholland Drive to get some of those shots again.

Kim

No problem Kim! I was just being neurotic ... I really can't wait to go. :)

Hi. I'm Kathy. I'll be travelling with my husband Dave (drclaws).

We both work at Universities, so the education theme continues. It's not as difficult for us to get away as it is for teachers, but it's harder than you might think.

The Backstage Magic trips sound so wonderful, but we've always talked outselves out of them by figuring out how many Disney cruises we could take with that money.

We have a "big" anniversary coming up this fall, so that's our excuse for finally taking the plunge. It was an earlier "big" anniversary that got us on our first Disney cruise. Do you see a theme here? It started when we bought DVC to force us to take vacations, and has gotten more and more out of control. :rotfl2: The DIS has a lot to do with that.

I look forward to getting to know everyone before the trip.

Kathy

Hi Kathy!

I know what you mean about Disney vacations spinning out of control! I thought buying my small DVC contract would cover my lodging costs for subsequent trips. In reality it's just made my Disney visits longer! My current dilemma is figuring out how to get to Disney World and do the BSM trip without declaring bankruptcy!

Melissa

I am a big photography junkie. I plan on taking TONS of photos

Kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!