Dis Exclusive July Backstage Magic Adventure 7/6-7/11 Sold Out

I never heard back from them! I will probably head to the parks sometime next week, and I will inquire again. I won't give up!

Melissa

I checked again on the lemon raspberry coffee cake. This time I was told that I needed to talk to the pastry chef, who is only there in the mornings. It will take me a while to find a free weekend morning, but I promise I haven't forgotten!!!!!!

Melissa

P.S. We're still waiting for purse pics Glenda!!!!!

I checked again on the lemon raspberry coffee cake. This time I was told that I needed to talk to the pastry chef, who is only there in the mornings. It will take me a while to find a free weekend morning, but I promise I haven't forgotten!!!!!!

Melissa

I was going through my book where I keep miscellaneous copies of favorite recipes, while looking for something my mother used to make, last weekend. I found some of the recipes that chefs from WDW had mailed out and / or given me when I requested them several years ago. What treasures they are! They're written on the resort stationary in special envelopes with the resort logos, some of which were really ornate (Grand Floridian and Wilderness Lodge)! I need to scrapbook these. I'm sure they probably don't go that far anymore, but I'm going to see how they handle it now when I go down in October.

Good luck getting the one from Storytellers!

P.S. We're still waiting for purse pics Glenda!!!!!

Ok, so I am FINALLY posting pictures of my purse for all of you to see! I decided that the first one would be of my purse with our hometown statute of Abraham Lincoln outside of our court house! ENJOY!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oodxjoh90lhywz7/2779.JPG

Of course I have to include a photo of me with Alyssa and Summer Rose giving it to me! How awesome it was for Kevin, John and our persistent guides to work so hard on tracking one down for me?!?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nv21ts4x68y76zv/DSC02739.JPG

Just a shout out to all my ABD travelling companions. As you may have noticed, I'm rather Facebook impaired, but I enjoy seeing everyone's posts.

Melissa, I don't think Disney is going to give you that coffeecake recipe. We'll just have to search the internet for something close.

I know most of the group isn't close enough, but there will be a mini-meet of our ABD group at the GKTW Delaware meet next month. The big event is Saturday, November 8th. Dave (not Wang) and I will be there, and I believe Thomas is coming.

Here's the link. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3242948

Hope everyone is doing well.

Kathy

Melissa, I don't think Disney is going to give you that coffeecake recipe. We'll just have to search the internet for something close.

I just returned from WDW. I asked for a recipe when I was at Jiko, and I was told that Disney no longer provides copies of recipes to guests. The reason given to me is that Disney's corporate attorneys have advised them not to do this due to the risk of lawsuits in case someone has an allergy to an ingredient (or possibly an allergy they didn't previously know they had). Unfortunately in this litigious society, Disney is a huge target, as well all know.....(and I won't spew my opinions about that)!

It's good to hear from you, Kathy! Hope you and Dave are doing well! Wish I were closer and could come for the meet!

Well, why couldn't they just tell me that rather than giving me the run around?!?!?!? I stopped by no fewer than five times!

I wish I could make it out to Delaware to see all you too! Have a blast!!

Melissa

I just returned from WDW. I asked for a recipe when I was at Jiko, and I was told that Disney no longer provides copies of recipes to guests. The reason given to me is that Disney's corporate attorneys have advised them not to do this due to the risk of lawsuits in case someone has an allergy to an ingredient (or possibly an allergy they didn't previously know they had). Unfortunately in this litigious society, Disney is a huge target, as well all know.....(and I won't spew my opinions about that)!

It's good to hear from you, Kathy! Hope you and Dave are doing well! Wish I were closer and could come for the meet!

You never know when a CM might give it to you, not being aware of their new policy. I suppose some might not want to tell the real reason, fearing what might happen. Who knows. This was the first I knew of their new policy.

Well, why couldn't they just tell me that rather than giving me the run around?!?!?!? I stopped by no fewer than five times!

I wish I could make it out to Delaware to see all you too! Have a blast!!

Melissa

I know most of the group isn't close enough, but there will be a mini-meet of our ABD group at the GKTW Delaware meet next month. The big event is Saturday, November 8th. Dave (not Wang) and I will be there, and I believe Thomas is coming.

Here's the link. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3242948

Hope everyone is doing well.

Kathy

Great to hear from people in this thread! Alas I can't make it to the Deleware meet.... But funnily enough, I'll be visiting Melissa out at Disneyland that day! :goodvibes

We'll be celebrating the Disney love, bicoastally!:lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!