Dis Exclusive Spirit of America 5/24 - 5/31/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyKevin

Kelvis
Super Moderator
Join us as the Dis goes to the place where our country was born.

The Dis is offering an exclusive Spirit of America Adventure to May 24th - 31st 2013.

We will travel to Philadelphia, Washington D.C., Monticello and Gettysburg.

Trip Highlights Include:

Philadelphia Tour by Trolley -nHop on board a trolley for a privately guided Philadelphia tour and feel the stir of historic majesty when you visit the Liberty Bell.

Visit Mount Vernon - Get a taste of colonial American history at the Mount Vernon Inn. Enjoy a meal from authentic colonial recipes where the décor is straight out of the 18th century and the staff is attired in period dress. Enjoy a meal from authentic colonial recipes.

Kayak on the Potomac River - Feel the freedom as your kayak glides over this rippling river on a privately guided tour of this famous, mid-Atlantic waterway.

Monticello - Situated on a mountaintop outside Charlottesville on a 5,000-acre plantation, this historic house was designed and built by Thomas Jefferson, the principal author of the Declaration of Independence and third president of the United States. Glimpse the life of this intellectual giant in the halls of his estate home.

Explore Gettysburg with a Costumed Guide - Discover the history of this extraordinary city with a guide in period costume. Learn about the famous battle fought there, President Lincoln's immortal speech and what life was like for its citizens, then and now.

Spirit of America Pricing

$2929 per person based on double occupancy
$2789 Child
$4099 Single traveler

If you are interested in this Adventure, please email me at Kevin@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com.

List of Travelers

Mary Jo - Mary Jo
Brenda
Tobi - sayhello
Tom
Erika - EDuke98080
Jason
Tanja
Alan
Anne
Pete - WebmasterPete
Walter - AKAScar

Yay! I'm really looking forward to this trip! I've only ever been to DC once, years ago, and it was a quick, one day thing! And I've never been to any of the other area sites. And it's been years since I was a tourist in Philly!

Are others planning on doing pre- or post-days?

Sayhello

I am not on this trip, but live so close to Philadelphia that I was hoping we could get a pre-trip meet together if enough people are arriving a day or so early. I just attended the pre-NYC cruise meet that She's a Pirate and GinaMarie put together in New York and we had a terrific time.
If enough people are arriving at least a day ahead, I would be willing to help organize a little DIS meet.

Anyone interested? Anyone arriving early? :confused3

Hi All!

I am Erika, my DH Tom, my DS Jason 19 and my Mom - Tanja are all going on this trip. Jason is a history major and has always wanted to go to DC and I have always wanted to try an ABD trip so this is perfect for our family. We are really looking forward to getting to know everyone and experiencing this awesome itinerary.

Thanks Kevin for starting this thread!

Erika

Hi everyone,

I've always wanted to visit the East Coast and see such important historical sites, and when this ABD trip came up I immediately signed up. My friend, Brenda, (excellent travel partner, by the way) is also going on this trip.

We both hail from the Los Angeles area. :)

Linda, a mini-DIS meet sounds like fun.

Here's a lunch tip for the Mall. The cafeterias in Air and Space, Natural History etc are VERY crowded, but there is a really nice one between the East and West galleries at the National Gallery of Art that had great wraps and salads etc next to a nice waterfall and not crowded at all!

Gettysburg is amazing!

Laurie

I am not on this trip, but live so close to Philadelphia that I was hoping we could get a pre-trip meet together if enough people are arriving a day or so early. I just attended the pre-NYC cruise meet that She's a Pirate and GinaMarie put together in New York and we had a terrific time.
If enough people are arriving at least a day ahead, I would be willing to help organize a little DIS meet.

Anyone interested? Anyone arriving early? :confused3
I'm game! I'm going to be in town a few days prior to the ABD, visiting family and then getting an early start on my touring!

Hi All!

I am Erika, my DH Tom, my DS Jason 19 and my Mom - Tanja are all going on this trip. Jason is a history major and has always wanted to go to DC and I have always wanted to try an ABD trip so this is perfect for our family. We are really looking forward to getting to know everyone and experiencing this awesome itinerary.

Thanks Kevin for starting this thread!

Erika
Nice to meet you Erika! Looking forward to getting to know you & your family!

Hi everyone,

I've always wanted to visit the East Coast and see such important historical sites, and when this ABD trip came up I immediately signed up. My friend, Brenda, (excellent travel partner, by the way) is also going on this trip.

We both hail from the Los Angeles area. :)

Linda, a mini-DIS meet sounds like fun.
I haven't done nearly enough exploration of the East Coast. Looking forward to exploring with y'all!

Here's a lunch tip for the Mall. The cafeterias in Air and Space, Natural History etc are VERY crowded, but there is a really nice one between the East and West galleries at the National Gallery of Art that had great wraps and salads etc next to a nice waterfall and not crowded at all!

Gettysburg is amazing!

Laurie
Thanks for the tip! It's always nice to know where the crowds *aren't* on OYO time! Thanks, Laurie!

I have a friend who just went to Gettysburg. She was pretty impressed, too!

Sayhello

Wow! I was watching "Sunday Morning" just now, and they had a piece about the Civil War battle of Antietam which was 150 years ago today. And I realized we're going to be at Gettysburg about 4 1/2 weeks before the 150th anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg! I wonder if anything special will be going on for the Anniversary?

Sayhello

posted this elsewhere, but would love to help arrange a meet for local people and adventurers here in D.C.

I fancy myself the world foremost authority in DC of where to eat. Would love to help people with any and all dining questions!

Jennifer

posted this elsewhere, but would love to help arrange a meet for local people and adventurers here in D.C.

I fancy myself the world foremost authority in DC of where to eat. Would love to help people with any and all dining questions!

Jennifer

Wonderful, Jennifer! With such a short time in DC, my friend and I would love ideas on how best to maximize our time. :)

Just sent an email to everyone traveling on this Adventure - unfortunately it doesn't look like we will be able to run this as an exclusive departure just for DISUnplugged listeners.

If you do not receive my email - or you have questions - please email me at John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com

Thanks.

ATTENTION MODS: I have closed this thread but I would like to leave it as a 'sticky' until everyone booked on this trip contacts either Kevin or me with how they want to proceed. I will unstick it once we know everyone has had a chance to see it and has informed us of their plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter