DIS Fit 2020: New Hopes and Goals

So I thought I would share my fitness goals this year. I signed up for badminton last September and now some of the other students and I go to a Badminton Centre and play for 2 hours every Friday. I now get a badminton workout 2 days a week. I am really glad that I signed up for it back in September. It is fun and I have madesome new friends. I still try and go for a walk every day and this week I had the good fortune of getting my exercise by shovelling.
Hope everyone it doing well.
March Break 2020
I'm sad that I'll miss Epcot Flower & Garden show this year but the sons and I have two days away in Niagara Falls planned for the March Break, I'm also hoping to get to Canada Blooms over the March Break too OR Centennial Park Conservatory
Niagara Falls is always fun to go to and I am trying to get my Sister to take a day off work and go to Canada Blooms.

Well, I am back from my vacation and trying to get back into a routine. I went to the gym this morning to get back into my strength routine.
While we were at the theme parks (Universal Studios and Disney) I averaged 26,000 steps per say. Two days were 31,000 steps, 3 days were only about 21,000 steps. I averaged 16,000 steps on the 3 day cruise. I am giving my feet a little rest, will get back to cardio later this week.
I started tracking on WW again today, I am on the purple plan.

In my little city in Manitoba they plow the sidewalks. They are actually pretty good at not leaving furrows in the driveways either, so we luck out with the shoveling. We actually haven't had a lot of snow this year compared to some years.

@spiffgirl101 Disney, Universal and a cruise... ah... sounds lovely! Looks like you did a great job on the steps :) How do you like the purple plan? I feel like I would eat way too much just because it's "free". Plus I prefer to eat different meats than chicken breast or tuna/fish. The green is ok so far, it's forcing me to consider if I really do want to eat that whatever it is... But it's taken me a week to figure out how to make it work for me. Planning the day before, having one higher point meal a day and making sure to save some for snacks. But I can eat whatever I want, just a lot less of it.

Since we aren't going anywhere over March break we may go in August instead, perhaps to Toronto or Niagara Falls, we'll see! We have a cruise in December (279 days way, but whose counting?) and I don't want to spend all my money before that so we can have fun, do some exciting excursions and eat at the steakhouse on the ship for kiddo's birthday. He loves steak.

@spiffgirl101 Disney, Universal and a cruise... ah... sounds lovely! Looks like you did a great job on the steps :) How do you like the purple plan? I feel like I would eat way too much just because it's "free". Plus I prefer to eat different meats than chicken breast or tuna/fish. The green is ok so far, it's forcing me to consider if I really do want to eat that whatever it is... But it's taken me a week to figure out how to make it work for me. Planning the day before, having one higher point meal a day and making sure to save some for snacks. But I can eat whatever I want, just a lot less of it.

Since we aren't going anywhere over March break we may go in August instead, perhaps to Toronto or Niagara Falls, we'll see! We have a cruise in December (279 days way, but whose counting?) and I don't want to spend all my money before that so we can have fun, do some exciting excursions and eat at the steakhouse on the ship for kiddo's birthday. He loves steak.
I haven't actually been on track with purple enough to know if it works for me, but I was sold on the rice and potatoes being free, I don't eat a lot of those things, but I like to have a small portion at dinner.
It's nice to stick close to home for vacation sometimes too, you will enjoy your little trips☺️

tiptoeing back into this thread for inspiration.:tiptoe:
I've just been awful with my eating lately. No restrictions, whenever and whatever I want. I need to get back to some balance so I will read through your posts and draw a little strength. Once I get rolling again I feel so much better, I don't know why I revert to bad habits. It's time to dust off the good habits and planning again!

I have been eating a lot more vegetables since they are 0 points. Last night I did roasted radishes and brussel sprouts, used 1 tsp of oil which is 1 point. They are so yummy! I brought leftovers for lunch today. I am finding it a bit hard to keep the veggies fresh and available in the house. I seem to have to go shopping more often. I guess that's ok? I am not keen on fruit, so while I use berries in overnight oats, I am not eating a lot of other fruit, maybe I will like it again some day. I mean watermelon is great but not in season. I am doing better this week though, since I'm more prepared. Preparation really is a big part of this.

I have been eating a lot more vegetables since they are 0 points. Last night I did roasted radishes and brussel sprouts, used 1 tsp of oil which is 1 point. They are so yummy! I brought leftovers for lunch today. I am finding it a bit hard to keep the veggies fresh and available in the house. I seem to have to go shopping more often. I guess that's ok? I am not keen on fruit, so while I use berries in overnight oats, I am not eating a lot of other fruit, maybe I will like it again some day. I mean watermelon is great but not in season. I am doing better this week though, since I'm more prepared. Preparation really is a big part of this.
Frozen fruit can be your friend! I haven't looked at the newest iteration of WW - i swear they do this every year to ensure they will get new members!- because it doesn't matter for me and my 5 foods at the moment. Can you have milk of any kind? If so why not make a smoothie using frozen berries, some of whatever dairy you're allowed and blend the crap out of it! Add in a frozen nanner if you like those and it will get nice & thick. Use your veggies to make a soup using the same method ...

And my one and only rant about the programme since they went to this whole 0 point thing. Nothing has ZERO food value other than maybe gross celery :P so please don't fall into that attractive trap!! You still need to look at calories in vs calories out and if you load up on what they have determined are zero foods you'll be sorely disappointed in your results.

The green version only has fruits and veggies as "0" foods. I never eat enough of either so just eating more of those and less of the pasta/rice/chips/chocolate bars has been a shift. I have done a few smoothies, added in a yogurt and it was pretty good. I am not a soup person, yuck. But I appreciate the sentiment, a friend told me to add spinach to my smoothie and promised I won't taste it... I don't believe her so I haven't tried it yet :) I have been using the vegetables to bulk up my meals, add cauliflower to the mashed potatoes, so that 1/2 cup seems like more :) Sticking to my points, plus adding in fruits and veggies, I'm still hovering at 1200 calories (yes I've been tracking in WW points and MyFitnessPal a few days to compare). Which is probably why I've been hungry...

The green version only has fruits and veggies as "0" foods. I never eat enough of either so just eating more of those and less of the pasta/rice/chips/chocolate bars has been a shift. I have done a few smoothies, added in a yogurt and it was pretty good. I am not a soup person, yuck. But I appreciate the sentiment, a friend told me to add spinach to my smoothie and promised I won't taste it... I don't believe her so I haven't tried it yet :) I have been using the vegetables to bulk up my meals, add cauliflower to the mashed potatoes, so that 1/2 cup seems like more :) Sticking to my points, plus adding in fruits and veggies, I'm still hovering at 1200 calories (yes I've been tracking in WW points and MyFitnessPal a few days to compare). Which is probably why I've been hungry...
Your body will not be happy with you if you don't eat enough and you'll slip into starvation mode. You know, your mind will go "aww crap, no food, let's hoard all this nice fat for later!"

So i took the time to open my booklets and skim thru it to see if i can offer some suggestions.
  1. Why not switch to blue? It's much closer to what I consider is a "normal balanced" diet and you won't end up feeling so deprived.
  2. You need more protein to keep you full, if you stay on green make sure you give enough points to those.
  3. Water, water, WATER!
  4. yeah, no, you'll notice that gross spinach in your smoothie!! It will change the texture, it will be slightly "stringy" if you don't have a beast like a vitamix to break it completely down and it will be green, like GREEN for breakie? no thanks!
  5. Don't EVER leave any points on the table (if that's still a thing?) to be used later in the week for a big event! see the point above about starvation mode!

I tried blue a year ago, before it was called blue, and found it frustrating. I am not fond of chicken breast and a lot of the 0 point foods, so in order to actually eat what I enjoy I had to use up all my points. I am at 1400 calories today, I think I ate pretty well though I did have a diet coke and probably not enough water. Today I had:
Overnight oatmeal (1/3 cup dry oats with 1 Astro 0 yogurt and about a cup of mixed frozen berries) with a cup of tea (black)
Leftovers from supper (3 oz pork chop, roasted radishes & brussel sprouts with a tsp of olive oil, it was about 2 cups of veggies)
Supper was a pan fry salmon with 1 cup pasta, 1 tsp olive oil and 1 1/2 cups of broccoli.
Snacks were 10 crispy mini nacho cheese crisps, 1 big caramel rice cake, 1 light & fit greek yogurt and 1 small timmies coffee with 2 cream. I will also have a pear shortly. Oh, I had a steeped tea from timmies this afternoon with a splenda in it.

I would normally have eggs for breakfast but doing keto for so long I am a little burnt out on them. I did buy some egg whites today so will do some veggie omelettes I think, one egg plus 3 or more white mixed with whatever veggies I have.

I use my daily points but don't always eat the weekly ones, it would be 6 or 7 a day I think? I did use them on the weekend (bacon with breakfast! 2 slices is 7 points!!!) I also don't like to eat my exercise points unless it's actually exercise and not just for walking a certain amount. I have yet to roll any points over though lmao, I think it's 4 you are allowed to move over to the next day. Maybe someday lol. But I doubt it. I am glad I don't drink at this point given how many points are in a glass of wine. I do want to get some cheese strings or baby bels, something with more protein than the rice cakes.

Is the cauliflower noticable in the potatoes. I understand that's the way they got the Pres.. to eat more veggies. Might give that a try as well.

Is the cauliflower noticable in the potatoes. I understand that's the way they got the Pres.. to eat more veggies. Might give that a try as well.

I like cauliflower so it doesnt bother me, but I dont notice it much, I cant always get it smooth as you can potatoes so it does change the texture to me.

Just Sharing
Two ingredient
low fat breakfast cookies
I frequently have bananas that go very ripe so this is a great way to use them up.
48 cal in each cookie.

https://cafedelites.com/healthy-2-ingredient-breakfast-cookies/
I finished my GOAL of $1,000.00 2020 Christmas Cash Fund and think I might start another one soon.
:dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::dogdance:

Hugs
Mel

those cookies look good! I will have to try them out. I have some bananas I bought yesterday so just wait a few days for them to get super ripe :)

Air fryer... should I get one? There are two on airmiles I have enough to get (so nothing out of pocket) but I'm not sure I need one. I have always wanted one. I think it would be good for making a few things. But I have more than a few small kitchen appliances. And I'm not willing to give up any of the ones I have at the moment. I got rid of a couple when I decluttered over Christmas. Thoughts?

My son has one and he absolutely loves it. He's not one who had done much cooking until recently and this has become a go to appliance for him. That and his rice cooker. Think of it like a mini convection oven.

Oh right...this thread. LOL.

I did lose about 5 lbs since Christmas. I was getting discouraged eating healthy, cutting down a lot on sugars, exercising, and not seeing the scale move at all for about a month after initially losing a few Christmas pounds right off the bat.

Hubby hasn't been motivated to go to the gym much, plus he's a shift worker and works nights sometimes - so I find it harder to motivate myself to get there. He will walk outside, but sometimes I need to kick it up some more. I'm getting in at least 12,000 steps a day - I try and do at least a 40 min power walk after work, but I really need to do some weights again.

I see people post on FB their workouts and all the "No excuses" posts, but with my job that has me at meetings in evenings, my mom (pallative with cancer), my family, my grandkids I sometimes want to spend time with, yeah sometimes I have no energy left. Right now I think yeah, I should get my butt to the gym. But sometimes I just want to chill and bask in the silence of my house while everyone else is sleeping, drink coffee (with cream and sugar!) and surf the disboards. LOL

Later I'll go to the gym!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!