DIS Fit 2020: New Hopes and Goals

Well, I'm back on the bandwagon! Last night was a small victory. DH wanted a snack at 9pm, so he went to Sobeys and bought two big bags of chips. I passed and didn't even eat one chip. That is huge for me as I have a massive salt tooth.

I haven't started to weigh myself yet as I just want to start getting back to the basics of drinking lots of water and omitting night snacking.

We ( DH and I ) started using Noom last week. We have had several family members do really well with it. My BIL lost 50 lbs so far and he is still loosing. My SIL has lost 20. So far, so good. I am down 7 lbs. I still have lots to loose for me to feel comfortable again but slow and steady wins the race. We have been out walking together quick in the evenings before I sit down with my studying. Guess we will see how it goes.

@Pumpkin1172, what is Noom exactly? Is it like Weight Watchers or just a tracker service? I filled out the info for the trial, but didn't end up purchasing it since I am not sure what it does.

@Pumpkin1172 I am glad to hear some success with Noom, I did a 1 week free trial and it was not for me. I didn't like the way it worked at all.

@ilovetotravel1977 it has a food tracker but didn't really work the same as WW. It was trying to teach me how to eat healthy, you know, fruits and veggies are good because for the calories you get to eat more of them. I think there was supposed to be some stuff on figuring out your triggers to over eat. I cancelled before I had to pay for it, wasn't for me.

I did ok with WW but didn't stick to it, I had to walk/run/exercise for 2 hours a day to see any weight loss, so it was too much for me. Even with eating lots of fruits and veggies instead of other things.

what is Noom exactly? Is it like Weight Watchers or just a tracker service? I filled out the info for the trial, but didn't end up purchasing it since I am not sure what it does.

It is a food and exercise tracking app. But they also help you figure out triggers, give you tips and tricks. Helps you to change the choices you make, watch your portion control. For now, it seems to be working. And it helps with the guilt of eating something that may not be sooo great...like for me...potato chips...or when you have a greasy burger and fries from fast food places. It helps you to change the way you think about food.

I am glad to hear some success with Noom, I did a 1 week free trial and it was not for me. I didn't like the way it worked at all.

My SIL did it before too and quit before her 2 week trail was done. She tried it again, and stuck with it....and has lost 20 lbs since summer.

I have not tried the new WW. I tried it years ago...and has a little bit of sucess with it...but just didn't stick with it. That is why there are more than 1 way for people to find they loose weight :flower: I love that there is not just one way!!!! Lord knows, I don't fit into a typical box...never have, never will. I am a special kind of special :p:rotfl:

You've got that right! Damn, the main box is heavy. Nope. Nothing doing. The delivery men flat out refused to bring it downstairs. Ugh. The box is shoved aside out-of-the-way (as much as possible) until DH feels better and we can get someone to help bring it downstairs.
I think it took 2 or 3 of them to get it down there. At least you have gravity working with you (going downstairs). The beast I have in my basement isn't coming back out (or so I've been told).
Been there done that (not with a treadmill though). Our item got loaded into the truck at the store and we took it inside piece by piece as it was way too heavy to carry in in the box. You could see if you guys can move it down piece by piece.

Update: The treadmill is downstairs; set up; and we started using it today. On Sunday my husband tied some kind of tension ratchet belt around the box and tied some rope to it. Then he, our son and my Dad were able to lower it down the stairs. It only took 5 or 10 minutes and it was easy that way. Gotta say, I was impressed. Between Monday and yesterday he put it together. My son went on for half an hour this morning. I'm sad to say I stopped after 15 minutes. :( Ugh. I use to walk & read for a full hour 5-6 days a week on Planet Fitness' treadmills! Ah well. Now that I think about it, it's easily been over a year. So my goal is to gradually increase the time until I'm doing an hour again by the end of the month.

We ( DH and I ) started using Noom last week. We have had several family members do really well with it. My BIL lost 50 lbs so far and he is still loosing. My SIL has lost 20. So far, so good. I am down 7 lbs. I still have lots to loose for me to feel comfortable again but slow and steady wins the race. We have been out walking together quick in the evenings before I sit down with my studying. Guess we will see how it goes.

That's great! I've heard of Noom but I haven't tried it. I used MyFitnessPal frequently in the past and it worked well for me. I love the feature that let me add in my receipes and it would give me the nutrition break down per serving for me. I'll have to start getting back into that again as well.

Now that I think about it, it's easily been over a year. So my goal is to gradually increase the time until I'm doing an hour again by the end of the month.
That's the way to have success. 15 minutes for a couple of days, then add 5/10 minutes for another couple of days. You'll be back to that hour in no time!

O/T ( Off Topic) sorry I just need to get this off my chest.

I was trying to see where all the numbers are coming from....
https://www.ontario.ca/page/covid-19-long-term-care-homes-in-areas-visitor-restrictions
Jesus I feel like I need to do something yet I don't know what to do.
I feel so helpless.
This is appalling that we are at risk of losing so many wonderful people.
My sister works with seniors (in home) but through a private agency,,and will only stick with her 4-5 clients. She has refused to cross over to other agencies,,, although they (other private agencies) keep on trying to get her to everyday with emails. Her clients are also exposed weekly to clinics/hospitals for treatments and therapies.
I think the government needs to pay a proper wage and benefits to these workers and it's long overdue. Also hiring someone fulltime and not 1/3 or 1/2 time would be a step in the right direction.
I thank the lord my mom and dad are not in need ,but if they were alive today I'd be yanking them home with me so fast.
Just venting a bit of frustration and bewilderment.
Hugs
Mel

In the beginning of the quarantine, I had a lot of anxiety. I think the unknown, worried about protecting my kids, just everything. I lost 25 lbs. Went to 185lbs (from 214). I haven't been under 200 since having my first kid (who's 13). I've slowly gained back 11 of those lbs. I'm managing my stress better, went back to work this week (ECE) and just in a better place. I'm starting today to lose those 11 lbs. I vow not to go back over 200.

I had lost 10 pounds at the beginning but it's starting to creep up. I'm walking every other day, and strength training on the in between days, but we are back to working from home 3 days a week now and it's just so much easier to make yourself a snack when you are home with your own kitchen. My job in public housing is stressful anyway, but clients seem to be more anxious and angry these days. After a particularly angry phone call from a client yesterday afternoon I was really stressed. She's complaining about something that I have no control over, but the division responsible isn't responding to her. I actually felt dizzy. I went out for a walk and felt better. Lots of times I just eat whatever I can get my hands on. Fortunately my son is back living at home, there isn't really a lot of stuff he doesn't get to first ;). I think this pandemic is having an adverse effect on my mental health.

Hang in there AdamsMum, things will get better... It's good you're able to get out and walk. The fresh air can do the world of good to one's outlook on things.

I find each of us are hitting the wall (of being done with Covid) these days. Hopefully one of us hasn't and can bring us all back to reality. This will all be over one day. This is our "war" to deal with. Our ancestors did it we can too.

Then it will be Disney till we drop! (in bed, tired).

That's a tough situation @AdamsMum . I remember in the middle 90's teaching and it was wild. The principal reminded us that the stress on the parents was crushing, and they didn't know how to deal with it, so they took it out on the nearest person....the teacher. It had nothing to do with their kid, nothing to do with the teacher or school, it was just them lashing out at a situation that they couldn't control. That said, it's hard to set it aside and not take it personally. Even a walk to the corner and back will help you clear your thread and ground you positively. Keep up the good work! Maybe prepare some cold veggies each night so they are ready for the next day?

Hi All, took myself out for a long walk this morning, around 40 minutes. Mind, I'm not breaking any speed limits here, but it felt good. I believe the strength training I've been doing is helping with my knees and hip. I hop everyone is well and finding a way to enjoy Halloween. Me, I'm watching Hocus Pocus tonight. I live in a condo so there's no handing out candy. Happy Halloween!pirate:

We watched Hocus Pocus (first time for me) this afternoon. DH and I did cardio exercises 3 days this week (and a knee therapy one as an extra for me), so that is a win. I hit my step goal 4 times and that is a BIG win! Knees are still hurting, but I'm determined to power through. Eating has been okay, but there have been some candy lapses, too. :oops: Overall, I'm a happy girl. :)

Repeat after me
Thou Shall Never Eat Chocolate Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
On the straight and narrow starting today............
Hugs
Mel
Oh and don't forget to change your clocks back an hour everyone.

I can't do it Mel :( . I am a chocoholic and need my daily dose. (I can have just one and leave it there though) It's my only fix, I don't drink coffee or alcohol, I've given up chips (still eat cheesies). I have to have one comfort vise during these times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter