DIS Fit 2020: New Hopes and Goals

aww, sending hugs and good thoughts to your puppy!

i don’t have a ton to update on myself right now. i just got back from a trip that was mostly fun, but sometimes a bit tiring. we went with our toddler (trip #2 for the kiddo) and my in laws. managing 3 generations with sometimes competing needs was hard. the nice thing is that we are all close enough that we could be honest about our limits and usually find ways to make our plans work for everyone. it was hard, too, because i was on track to run my first half marathon in disney, but i had some health problems that kept me from training for 2 months and so i decided not to race. i felt down about it, especially seeing everyone with their medals and accomplished smiles, but it was the right choice. i’m trying to not stay down, though, and i’ll get back to training soon. there are always other races, and running one would be a great reason to book another trip.

Fastpassses made. Not all exactly when I wanted them but I can tweek the park plans to work around it. Can't wait to ride Millennium Falcon.

Everything looks a little clearer in the light of day. Kita is better today than yesterday. The vet will call today with the urine results. May have to try another pain reliever.

No snow yet. They are forecasting 20-30cm (which means we'll get 5cm). Time will tell.

With FP finished I can now go and do a walk on the treadmill. Afterall I've got a lot more running around to do at Disney now.

@Donald - my hero I'm glad it seems like you are making some headway on the diet. Still a long ways to go...but adding potatoes is something. Honestly, I don't know if I would be able to do that.
@ottawamom I'm glad your kitty is getting better. It really is hard when our pets get older. We are needing to take our dog to the vet as well for a quality of life assessment.
@hdrolfe It is great your son is starting to take the lead, and be more independent. It's every mommas struggle. I hope the ww goes well for you.
@marchingstar I'm glad you had a great holiday. It sucks that you weren't able to do the marathon as you wanted...but at least you were not going to push your body in ways that will impact it when you are older.

Been super busy with full time and the part time job. The part time one is done the first week of March. I asked not to be put on the schedule anymore. I'm not busting my butt, with the college courses, and full time job, if there is no part time job going forward. I only stayed there as I really liked working there, The manager would give me any time off I needed, and everyone I worked with there was great! I'm truly going to miss working there. OH well...now I can focus a little more on my courses, This going back to school is hard when your 40 something lol.

I'm hoping that soon enough I'll have some time to fit in some exercise. I'm just so focused on the college courses when i'm outside of work. And trying to stay a little bit ahead, as we are heading to watch the Oilers play this weekend,,,then this Grammie needs to go visit her little peanut again. So that means no studying on those weekends. And that's when I get the bulk of my work done. Oh well...I've been doing ok keeping up and handing in assignments.

I hope to actually post some activity in here soon...and not just excuses,...but I am pretty busy lol. The hubby commented last weekend, that he should have encouraged me to go back to school years ago...I spend all my time studying...and he doesn't have to look for my in my project room or have my nose in my phone trying to find my next project! lol

@Pumpkin1172 going back to school as an adult isn't easy. I have been considering taking some courses but finding the time to do it while working full time and with a kid who needs me so much is too hard right now. I am fairly well educated already, just not in the right field for what I currently do. And I need to learn French if I am to advance any further. Languages are super hard! For me any way. I hope to do it someday :) Good for you for doing it now!

It's a snow day here, buses are cancelled. Kiddo is still asleep and I'm working from home. :) except I'm on here lol. I'll get to the work part shortly. I guess I'm not going to get very many steps in today, perhaps later when I have to shovel. It does look pretty with the snow falling, but I think it's going to be heavy to lift later. The snowflakes are massive so I'm sure it's wet. Hopefully they will get it all cleared up by tomorrow morning.

@hdrolfe I'm just watching my neighbour doing his driveway and the stuff that's down alread looks really heavy. Get out before it freezes if you can and just push it to the side. It will mealt next week.

@hdrolfe I'm just watching my neighbour doing his driveway and the stuff that's down alread looks really heavy. Get out before it freezes if you can and just push it to the side. It will mealt next week.

Well I shovelled, that was heavy! plow hasn't gone around yet and I am not looking forward to that at all. But it was 20 minutes of exercise and earned me 2 points so I guess that will help balance the lack of walking today. My neighbours all just drove through it this morning I guess, no one else has shovelled, but I am glad it's done before it freezes.

DS went to work this morning (Health Canada). His manager, who was working from home, called in and told someone to tell everyone to just go home. He showed up about 9:30 so I asked if he could shovel the driveway then I went out to help. I was using the snow scoop and yes it was heavy. I couldn't have done the whole thing without his help (he did 2/3).

Now I've got a full house of people for the day. Yay! (not).

Well I shovelled, that was heavy! plow hasn't gone around yet and I am not looking forward to that at all. But it was 20 minutes of exercise and earned me 2 points so I guess that will help balance the lack of walking today. My neighbours all just drove through it this morning I guess, no one else has shovelled, but I am glad it's done before it freezes.
DS went to work this morning (Health Canada). His manager, who was working from home, called in and told someone to tell everyone to just go home. He showed up about 9:30 so I asked if he could shovel the driveway then I went out to help. I was using the snow scoop and yes it was heavy. I couldn't have done the whole thing without his help (he did 2/3).

Now I've got a full house of people for the day. Yay! (not).
We didn't have a whooole lot of snow :duck: but it was unevenly spread due to the wind. A dusting/½ cm on one side and probably 10/15 cm on the far side. Hubby and I did it in about 15 minutes and now it will be easier to shovel later. It was heavy where it had accumulated. When we came in, hubby then said "let's do our exercises" so we completed a Grow Young Fitness strength set. 🏋️‍♀️
Ottawamom, I know.....we love them, but they are LOUD! (and we just want our own peace and quiet)

I have done my shovelling twice so far today. More the first time. I seem to be the lucky house on the street that has the most wind tunnel effect and the snow keeps drifting back. I had lots this morning and 2nd time it was just a dusting. We have now salted our city sidewalk so that seems to be staying clean. Right now we have the 55-80km wind gusts so I keep watching the white out effects. I can see why the Police are telling people to drive with caution as they just seem to appear out of nowhere. As I was sitting here typing this message the snow plow went by so I guess I will be going out again soon to shovel down the snow plow drifts

Be careful with the snow plow stuff. Small shovels full and take your time. Get it done before the temps drop and it freezes though.

I'm so glad the city takes care of the sidewalks in this city. When we lived in Toronto I thought it was strange that we had to shovel the sidewalk.

@ottawamom how was the vet visit? I hope the sedative was helpful. I believe there is at least one vet in Ottawa that does house visits, but I'm not sure how much that would cost.

I joined WW last night... on a whim. I'm not sure about this lol. They have 3 versions of their plan now, you do a quiz and it tells you which one to try, you can switch between them but they say you should try it for two weeks before switching. I got Green, which is limited free foods and more points for everything else. I have to say, the points do not go that far. I'm currently torn whether to spend extra points on a medium coffee over a small. Since kiddo has been having a hard time at bedtime lately (he was up until 11:30 Sunday night) I am super tired. I could use the extra caffeine but I can't drink coffee without cream in it. I guess I need to work on that, I did it with tea years ago, just take it "black" now. Is tea really black? I mean it's plain with nothing in it. Coffee is harder though. I am getting more steps with the new job, since it's so far from where I get to park, and once the ice is gone I will add more steps, but for now I'm not going to stress over that. Any way! It will take some getting used to, I am familiar with tracking my food any way so that parts fairly easy, it's fitting it into points that will be harder.

@bababear_50 I hope you are doing well :)

@ilovetotravel1977 did you sort out summer camps? My parents are sending me some money to sign him up for two (the hard to get into ones) and then I have a bit of time before the rest will be signed up for. I am putting him into two football camps, one ball hockey, one multi sport and two weeks of "regular" camp with swimming. He'll spend a few days at my parents, a few days on his own! and I will take a week or two off, still debating if we will go on a trip/cruise or not. It is annoying to have to pay for it all up front, but I am so glad we are done with the school daycare, he was so bored there.

@Debbie I don't think my kiddo will be making his own lunches any time soon, but he's been getting up and out the door on his own pretty well so far! He's actually been too early most days, getting there before the crossing guard is even there. He'll figure it out soon I'm sure. I think if he liked sandwiches or something easy he'd do his own lunches, but he tends to want leftovers and things in his thermos. Hopefully he'll get more comfortable cooking (or at least reheating) things by summer.

I've been on WW for almost 17 months and down 85 pounds (plus 30 pre-WW). I'm on blue and have 40 pounds left to get to goal. I don't drink coffee at all (only tea) but a lot of people on the WW Connect recommend adding something like Premier Protein instead of other creamers to coffee. They have several flavors including vanilla, chocolate and caramel. An 11 oz container is only 2SP so it can go a long way in coffee. If you haven't looked at Connect yet I recommend it. There are a lot of good suggestions there. Good luck!

Be careful with the snow plow stuff. Small shovels full and take your time. Get it done before the temps drop and it freezes though.
I was actually lucky that the plow driver who did our street did a bad job. He didn't come close to the curb so I didn't have too much snow plow stuff to clean up. There is lots of snow still in the middle of the road at the end of my driveway but not mine to clean up. I can't go out into the road to make it neat. I have in the past but just don't feel like it today. I just pushed what I could to the side and then carefully lifted it up. Good thing on Tuesday that I went out with my sturdy garden rake and tried to make my snowbanks shorter so I had more space to put the rest of this snow. I am sure that the neighbours thought I was weird but who cares.

I'm so glad the city takes care of the sidewalks in this city. When we lived in Toronto I thought it was strange that we had to shovel the sidewalk.
You are lucky. In the 25 years that I have lived in Ajax I have always had to shovel my city sidewalk. We actually live 1 house away from a walkway and the City snow plow that clears it must come by 2 or 3 times a day to clear it up. Sometimes I see nothing there for him to do but he does it anyway. Guess he has an area to cover to he makes sure it is nice and neat.

The plow still hasn't gone around. I am going to have to shovel in the morning at this rate.

Thanks for the Premier Protein recommendation. I will have to try and find that! I am drinking tea but I miss my coffee. I do need to go shopping for some things that are lower points, I wasnt really prepared when I started. If my son would get off my computer I could work on my grocery list for tomorrow. I find it hard to do on my phone.

Plow went overnight, did a poor job so there wasn't much to clean up this morning. Brr it is cold now though! I need some spring like weather to come back!! one more week until the time change, maybe things will warm up then.

Well the WW is getting better, I bought a lot of low point snacks, and am enjoying the Green plan, I can eat whatever I want just have to keep the points in check. I haven't lost anything yet but last week was a mess of me figuring out what I can or can't actually fit in my day. I am not quite willing to totally give up the foods I love (bacon, cheese, potatoes) but I am finding ways to have them, just less of them, and balancing it out. I rode my stationary bike today for 20 minutes, my goal for March is to do 3 workouts a week, of at least 20 minutes. On top of the walking/steps I want to continue getting. And to get a "blue dot" 6 out of 7 days a week. That means I hit the points goal and didn't go super over or under.

Looks like a lot of rain on the way starting tomorrow. I hope the commute isn't too bad. It should melt a lot of the snow I guess, and hopefully the grates are clear on the roads so no splashing. Today was nice and sunny. Kiddo went to the park to play basketball... I'm not sure how that works with so much snow still around but he met a friend so I guess he is having fun! He's not at the friends house, I imagine he'll be hungry when he gets home.

Only two weeks until March break! I'm a little sad we aren't going on a trip but also probably ok with it given all the talk about cruises being denied ports. We will stick around and just have fun. I thought maybe a trip to Toronto but the plan was the train and that doesn't look promising now either. Maybe we'll go swimming a couple times and get some exercise, also we all need hair cuts (kiddo, me and the puppy) so we'll probably do that too, and go visit my parents. Next week we have one strike day, I am so luck to be able to work from home those days. I don't know how parents are managing when they don't have that option. I support the teachers of course, but I wonder how they are managing as well.

I hope everyone is doing well and had a great weekend!

Well I am on the mend and feeling so much better,,I am adjusting to trying a few of my old foods,,but I think I may have developed a few food fears/aversions along the way. I used to love chicken noodle soup but two teaspoons in I felt sick to my stomach. I had my first cup of coffee in months and it went well.
The steri strips are all off and the incisions all look pretty good.
Since the surgery I have had shoulder /neck pain ,,I thought it was due to gas but it's been too long for that to be the reason and plan to see my family doc this week about it.

My physical goal for this week is to get out to my walking trails and take in some sunshine.:sunny:
Thanks to the city they are plowed. Time to build up some stamina.

March Break 2020
I'm sad that I'll miss Epcot Flower & Garden show this year but the sons and I have two days away in Niagara Falls planned for the March Break, I'm also hoping to get to Canada Blooms over the March Break too OR Centennial Park Conservatory
https://www.toronto.ca/explore-enjo.../conservatories/centennial-park-conservatory/
Stay well everyone
and hugs
Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter