Dis Grammar experts, which of these sentences is correct?

The first one needs a period, so lack of punctuation makes it wrong. The second ones wrong unless your trying to pose it as a question.
So I say both are wrong, did I win?

Well, if we're going to be picky, you spelled "ones" and "your" wrong in the second sentence, It should be "one's" as in "one is" and "you're" as in "you are." I'm a book editor and I see this kind of mistake every day.

Queen Colleen

Well, if we're going to be picky, you spelled "ones" and "your" wrong in the second sentence, It should be "one's" as in "one is" and "you're" as in "you are." I'm a book editor and I see this kind of mistake every day.

Queen Colleen

Is it common for writers to make those kinds of mistakes?

It's all about ease in pronuncuation. "An" goes before a vowel sound. Same concept with "the". It should be pronounced as "thee" before a vowel sound. It happens in other languages too, such as Spanish. For example, Mary and Elizabeth is María e Isabel, not María y Isabel. There's a technical name for it but I forget it.

Never realized this about "the", and don't remember learning it as a grammar rule. I just tested my husband and he did change "the" to "thee" before vowel words, but didn't even realize he was doing it, funny...I guess it just sounds right that way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter