DIS is running very slowwwwwww!

klmall

aka Kathy
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
Noticed the drop in speed last week and it's even worse today; no longer get "wait X seconds" to post no matter how quickly I reply. Opening a thread and posting takes forever.....

Are we due for another server upgrade?

I agree. I can't handle it. Please increase server bandwidth or something. Id be happy to donate to the website for faster speed. Please and thank you.

Same here - I actually just started a thread - should have looked. I can get up, make myself a cup of coffee, etc. come back and still loading. :(

It has become unusable most of the time. I have tried apple and android and all are slow slow slow. Most of the time it won't even open to see threads much less get into them.

Oh, I'm SO glad to read this. Just started poking around boards to see if it had been commented on!
At first I thought it was my iPod or the WiFi at my house. Turns out it was everywhere I took it and on the iPad, too.
It's driving me crazy!

On another note, do others often find it inaccessible 4AM-ish EST?

Although not by me, the site speed is monitored and anything that can be done at this point is being done. I believe (but don't hold me to it) that a longer term solution to speed problems is being looked at by people smarter than me.

Not a lot smarter though mind you, I don't want their heads inflated past the reccomended P.S.I.

The slowness improved quite a bit yesterday during the day but as of this afternoon is the slowest I have ever seen it even during the boondoggle of November 2012.

As of now it is nearly impossible to open a new reply or to reply itself!

I'm assuming that the eventual solution will be another server upgrade as was done in 2012.

Oh, I'm SO glad to read this. Just started poking around boards to see if it had been commented on!
At first I thought it was my iPod or the WiFi at my house. Turns out it was everywhere I took it and on the iPad, too.
It's driving me crazy!

On another note, do others often find it inaccessible 4AM-ish EST?

Same here, This is so frustrating. I have been enjoying the board daily, but no more. Early morning is not even an option now. Gonna give it a couple more days, then gonna say no more, if it doesn't become more user friendly.

Here I thought it may just be my phone (galaxy s4) but apparently this is am issue on multiple platforms.

So annoying to try and access the boards 5, 6 times in a row and still not get a connection.... even in 4G LTE area

Boards and App are both very bad lately. Glad it's not my phone, other apps are fine

Same here, This is so frustrating. I have been enjoying the board daily, but no more. Early morning is not even an option now. Gonna give it a couple more days, then gonna say no more, if it doesn't become more user friendly.

Yeah, working like a "Dream " this morning. Thanks to person responsible.

Yeah, working like a "Dream " this morning. Thanks to person responsible.

For me it works for a while and then stops working. I'm not sure anyone fixed anything yet. I mostly have issues in the evening. Most likely when more users are online.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Speed was fine for several days but slowed down so much last night that I gave up and left the DIS for other sites.

This morning is still horrible and there are very few people on comparatively speaking.

Why the difference between yesterday and a few days before?

Not really any difference. If you are seeing the slowdown please specify if you are seeing it on the mobile app or the regular site. It's really two different things.

For me, it is running very slow on my phone. I use the app and it keeps timing out when I try to open threads. The boards work fine on my laptop. Thanks in advance for all your help!

Not really any difference. If you are seeing the slowdown please specify if you are seeing it on the mobile app or the regular site. It's really two different things.

Regular site almost exclusively and on several different computers and at home and at work.

Speed still very slow...

Early morning is a bit better but gets progressively worse as the day goes on.

I'm using the regular site on my iPad and it frequently takes a while for the pages and threads to load. Sometimes it's ok other times it takes a long time. The same on my computer at work.

The app is horrible...I get time out errors or just nothing more than anything. Sometimes I torture myself with it then remember it's not worth the aggravation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!