DIS is running very slowwwwwww!

It's getting quite annoying...

www.openxtracker.com/open.php gets called for every page, but it isn't responding and it hasn't for several days that I can see. So the browser just spins until it times out. But it isn't just that one. I'm also seeing aborts for www.networkservertest.com/filter.php. And what do you know? They are the same site... :)

Each one causes a delay before the page finishes loading. And it won't jump to the newest post until it finishes loading. Firefox seems willing to wait 20 seconds for each. It took a full minute before the page finished loading.

Incidentally, my page analysis also shows that http://www.disboards.com/images/smilies returns a 404.

Can the calls to openxtracker/networkservertest be removed seeing as how it seems to have been dead or at least highly unreliable for a month now?

Would be nice.. for now I just 127.0.0.1'd them in my /etc/hosts file.

no more slow loads for me :) not so easy to do that same thing on my ipad though.

Would be nice.. for now I just 127.0.0.1'd them in my /etc/hosts file.

no more slow loads for me :) not so easy to do that same thing on my ipad though.

I'm planning to do it myself if it doesn't get fixed soon. I can do it for my whole house though, since I do my DNS internally :)

can someone link me to a page where they see that? We don't have any calls that I know of to openxtracker....

Yea I was just coming here to post never mind found it, looking in to it now

can someone link me to a page where they see that? We don't have any calls that I know of to openxtracker....

I get it on every thread page. This one included. I'm using Firebug under firefox to analyze, but Chrome's Developer Tools I believe shows the list of elements and load times too...

Seems much better this morning, and I don't see the tracker calls...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter