DIS Meet at the Fort on Friday January 6, 2017?

Which Time Do You Prefer For The DIS Meet on Friday Jan 6?

• Lunchtime (11am to 1pm-ish)

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Dinnertime (5pm to 7pm-sh)

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I agree - fabulous is the word.

Frank and Denise were gracious hosts and I enjoyed talking with our fellow DISsers. There were the 9 of us and the conversation flowed easily. In fact we stayed a little long. Rusty provided the main course and we all kicked in something.

I learned a lot.

Bama Ed

I was about to say the same Ed. Tom and I enjoyed ourselves and want to say a special thanks to Frank and Denise for hosting the event and the Rusty Scupper for ensuring no one left with an empty stomach.

@Boomer1 or @tiggerdad, mallory's cyst while leaking on tuesday finally really opened up today. I was not expecting that and have used up almost my entire supply of chlorhexidine solution (yes I have plenty back in Atlanta). Any advice on what to use to keep the cyst clean? Not sure I can find chlorhexidine at Target.

We were so full we skipped dinner and had a light snack a few minutes ago. It was so good to put faces with names. We loved meeting everyone. @Kris, I have hydrogen peroxide if it will help you.

@Boomer1 or @tiggerdad, mallory's cyst while leaking on tuesday finally really opened up today. I was not expecting that and have used up almost my entire supply of chlorhexidine solution (yes I have plenty back in Atlanta). Any advice on what to use to keep the cyst clean? Not sure I can find chlorhexidine at Target.

Sorry Kris, just seeing this. We been running all night with FD calls with all this ice so I am just getting to read the posts. Typically they carry Hibiclens (I know Wal Mart does) which is same thing.

Sorry for delay. Was hoping to read along but weather really messed us up. Glad you had a good meet.

Thanks tiggerdad. Will look for it today or tomorrow, was hoping I could find something similar. Am very lucky she seems to be leaving it alone. I am trying to spare everyone the details but it's gross.

So how was the shindig?

1) Always nice to meet other DIS folks.
2) Yesterday (Friday) was a great experience.
. . . we put the fames with the names
. . . we put the names with the faces
. . . we put the faces with the places
3) Some of the DIS Meet & Greet participants were doing the marathons.
4) Too bad Disney had to cancel Saturday's race due to rain and chance of lightning and lightning strikes.
. . . Fried BBQ Pork ribs are good
. . . Fried Runner ribs, not so much

Last edited:
Agreed TRS. Had a great run at the fort with lots of other people doing a virtual half.

Agreed TRS. Had a great run at the fort with lots of other people doing a virtual half.

1) "VIRTUAL" Half?
2) Is that like pretending you are running while sitting and drinking at the lounge/bar?
3) If so, THAT is my kind of marathon. **

** As most have already heard me say, The ONLY things that should run are car engines and noses, not people.

Last edited:
I am sitting here very happy everyone had a good time at the Meet and Greet maybe We can be there for it next year, About 10am Yesterday I remembered so put came my old Mickey Musket sweatshirt (Now only used as part of my snow removal outfit) and prayed for good weather, fellowship, food and fun for those in attendance. Next year anyone up for a bowl of Venison chili.

I was about to say the same Ed. Tom and I enjoyed ourselves and want to say a special thanks to Frank and Denise for hosting the event and the Rusty Scupper for ensuring no one left with an empty stomach.

1) Going empty-handed or arriving late was considered rude-and-crude.
2) Just remember . . . beware of Hungarian/Irishmen bearing gifts.
3) When invited, Daddy taught us to ALWAYS bring something, and BE ON-TIME.
. . . arriving early was on-time
. . . arriving on-time was being late
. . . for this lunch, I was almost "late", as I arrived about 2-minutes early
. . . even had to check my time with Frank when I was getting out of my vehicle, to verify I wasn't late

Sorry Kris, just seeing this. We been running all night with FD calls with all this ice so I am just getting to read the posts. Typically they carry Hibiclens (I know Wal Mart does) which is same thing.

Sorry for delay. Was hoping to read along but weather really messed us up. Glad you had a good meet.
Glad Tiggerdad saw this first. I would second his sage advice. Tom and I spent yesterday with his parents touring the Salvador Dali Museum in St. Petersburg . After we ate at Cracker Barrell and took them to Winn Dixie for groceries.
Glad to hear Mallory is not bothering her cyst. I may still have to pay a house call.

So sad no pictures. Maybe we can plan our visit in 2018 at this time. So sorry the run was called off, but safety first. Chris, hope Mallory will be well soon.
Safe travels when time to leave your home. This week-end, Central Tx has been subfreezing temp. Glad it will be in the 80 by Wed.

1) Glad you folks got to run in order to stay warm this weekend.
2) BRRRRRRRRR.
3) I actually had to put on long-pants and a long-sleeve shirt.
. . . with the exception of church, I try to avoid such as much as possible while living in Florida
. . . had to brush dust off the shirt from hanging in the closet for so long and not being used/touched
4) NOT what I expected when I moved to Florida.
5) The worst part of the weekend:
. . . MrsRustyScupper had to work early both days, so she couldn't snuggle to keep me warm
. . . it was tough to ignore the "moth balls" smell in my jeans
. . . used up the better part of a bottle of B&B Brandy to stay warm

:cool1:

I am right there with you. Let's just hope that the Virtual Half isn't referring to the Keg either.

1) Not so sure.
2) We have always been fond of the bottom half of the keg.
3) Of course it tastes extra good, because we had to drink the top half of the keg to get to the bottom half.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter