• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dis Newsletter - Fan or Not?

klam_chowder

<font color=royalblue>Got her own private pool dan
I rec'd my first Dis e-newsletter today! :goodvibes

While I love this site and the podcasts :disrocks:, I'm not a fan of the e-newsletter as most of it is a repeat of what's on the podcasts. It just makes me scroll thru a whole lot. :stir:

I just started going thru the archives and noticed something about the vintage shows that aren't a part of the current shows: discounts offered segment. I haven't reached the point in the archives where this segment has dropped yet, but it was one of the things I enjoyed hearing (even tho obviously I can't take advantage of them).

I loved the all-in-one-place discount section, and maybe they should just send the e-newsletter out with just discount info. :thumbsup2

OK, bring on the flames! popcorn::

cheers,
:flower3:

I liked the newslettter. I'm a visual learner, so the pics helped!

I appreciate the feedback.

The podcast (and the newsletter) are meant to be a 'recap' of what we've recently added to the DIS. While I appreciate that some of it might be repetitive for those who listen to the show, there are many site visitors who don't - so they might not have seen some of that info. In fact, we're getting a lot of positive feedback about the monthly mailer.

As for the discounts segment on the show, I dropped it because it was becoming too much like advertising, and I've tried to avoid that at all costs. It's a necessary evil on the site, but I've tried to keep as much 'money' stuff off the show as I can. Most of the discounts we were discussing were for companies that we have a financial relationship with - so a line was getting blurred that I didn't want to cross. Our general policy is that we'll only discuss things we have a financial interest in if it's germane to the conversation we're having. I know it's an odd policy, but I HAD to go the advertising route on the DIS in order to support it. I'm in a position now where I can forgo that on the show, and as long as that remains the case, the show will remain 'ad free'.

Thanks,
Pete

I like the newsletter too. I usually find a useful link or two and I like the pictures also. I do think the newsletter is better for someone who isn't always on the boards or doesn't really listen to the podcasts. It's a great update/recap for those not quite so ummmmm....."obsessed" as some of us are. :rolleyes1

Count me as a person who likes the newsletter. To be honest , I skipped the parts that were recaps of the podcast since I have listened to all of the recept ones. Having said that I do like the idea of the recap in case, heaven forbid, I haven't listened.

I also like the idea of seeing the specials.

--Daneen

Meh, I can take it or leave it...same as all the other newsletters I get. I think it's a great idea for those who aren't such "regulars" on the boards and podcast.

... It's a great update/recap for those not quite so ummmmm....."obsessed" as some of us are. :rolleyes1

And for those that are as obsessed as some of us, it's nice to have another place to read about things posted on here and talked about on the podcast.:thumbsup2

I agree, its a great recap for those of us that are not consistantly involved with the Podcast, although I don't know who those people would be, this should be part of everyones daily life!:rotfl:

And for those that are as obsessed as some of us, it's nice to have another place to read about things posted on here and talked about on the podcast.:thumbsup2

I agree. :thumbsup2 I love the newsletter!:surfweb:

I like it because it is a quick click resource for things that we've talked about recently so IF I need to refresh my memory its all right there:)

I usually don't get anything out of it, because I'm such an active participant here. However, if I were gone for any amount of time, it would be nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter