Dis Old Fogies Clubhouse – Six of One, Half Dozen of the Other. Makes No Difference!

.....dare I say this, but I haven't made any ADR's yet [ :scared: ], mainly because my DS and his GF have tentative plans to visit US/IoA for one of those fright-nights.....:crazy:

...I do know that I plan on doing F&WF for 2 days [we learned from last time's experience that World Showcase is best tackled over a period of 2 days vs. just the one. This way we can do half the lake on one day and the other half on the 2nd...]

I am currently on hold with Special Events to book a French Lunch on the Friday. I'm hoping for a Tequila lunch on Thursday and a Mediterranean Lunch on Monday. We have a Saturday Breakfast ADR, a Sunday dinner ADR, and a ROL pkg for the 31st.

My plan is to avoid the Epcot kiosks Friday-Sun and hit them Thursday, Monday and Tuesday. We have no plans on our last day (Wednesday) as we always use the last day to do what we didn't get to do in the plan.

Since we're staying at SSR we have plans to try some of the new places there that don't take reservations for a couple dinners.

....unfortunately, we don't have much freedom to choose, since basically, we are doing a 'long weekend' kind of trip...I'll keep you posted though...

I get that. For you it's a short flight, so you can do a long weekend. For us it's a long haul. We lose a full day in transit there and half a day on the way home. For us it doesn't make sense to go for less than a week.

I got all my special lunches so now I don't have to get up at 4AM on Thursday to book them! :banana: We're going to book the Express park to park bus pass, there are a few days that it will help and it's not much more to get it for the week than it is for one day.

....I really cannot take too many days off in a row [from school] even though I get 5 personal days and I've accumulated 191 sick days....I've got 'em, but I cannot use 'em....

....October 27-31....

We are there Oct 25-Nov 2! I would love to meet up! Saturday night Fran and I are having dinner with Magdalene and her BF in the Mexico Pavillion.

Well, drat! We're not going to WDW until Fall 2018. Y'all have fun!

....I really cannot take too many days off in a row [from school] even though I get 5 personal days and I've accumulated 191 sick days....I've got 'em, but I cannot use 'em....
That stinks! Do "mental health" days count as sick days? (I had an employee who did that often after she built up her sick leave. No physician's note required for sick leave under three days.)

Good morning everyone!
:wave:Good morning!

Well that sucks. What good is it if they give them to you if you can't use them!

I hope you guys going this fall to the F&W bit have a better time of it than we did last year.... My experience was so bad that I left vowing never to return during that madness. :( Weekdays may not have been so bad but we were also there over [the same] long weekend. WS was so mobbed we couldn't even navigate around it. We got to try a grand total of two booths.... The park as a whole also seemed overrun with lots of drunk locals (as in very loud and rowdy and, quite often, inappropriate for a family park). CMs were turning a blind eye and it really soured our Epcot experience.

Well that sucks. What good is it if they give them to you if you can't use them!
EXACTLY. And, what's worse, we are allotted 15 sick days during the school year, but we use more than 5 sick days [even with a doctor's notice], it's reflected in our annual end-of-year report/evaluation. Basically, we get a failing grade for attendance.

I hope you guys going this fall to the F&W bit have a better time of it than we did last year.... My experience was so bad that I left vowing never to return during that madness. :( Weekdays may not have been so bad but we were also there over [the same] long weekend. WS was so mobbed we couldn't even navigate around it. We got to try a grand total of two booths.... The park as a whole also seemed overrun with lots of drunk locals (as in very loud and rowdy and, quite often, inappropriate for a family park). CMs were turning a blind eye and it really soured our Epcot experience.

I can totally see why that would not be fun. We'll be there Saturday night, but we're dining in the Mexico Pavillion, not trying to visit kiosks.

This is why we always go for a week or more and my strategy is to avoid the kiosks Friday through Sundays. This is my 4th time at F&W and since I was there last year, I'm not as he11bent on visiting every kiosk. We have three lunches planned so I'm not sure how hungry we'll be for the kiosks. I do have a few favorites that I want to hit. Maybe Thursday before our Tequila Lunch, I'm also thinking Tuesday morning before our RoL dining package.

We plan on getting the Express Bus service that takes you from park to park. We'll see how that works!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter