Dis Old Fogies Clubhouse – Six of One, Half Dozen of the Other. Makes No Difference!

....now, if I can figure out a way to post pix without uploading them to photobucket first.....:scratchin

...how do I download them off my phone? :confused3

If it were my phone, I would got to the Play Store and download the free app and then use that to directly upload the photos from the phone. I'm not sure from there how you actually post the picture link, but I'm sure there is an option in there that says "share photo" and then you'll find the links for FB, bulletin boards, email...etc.

I can't believe how badly photobucket is shooting themselves in the foot. I don't know anyone who is sticking with them. I haven't even been back to their site since the announcement. I'm using our own website (that we use to advertise vacant apartments). I devised a nomenclature for the pictures so that no two pictures will ever have the same name.

If it were my phone, I would got to the Play Store and download the free app and then use that to directly upload the photos from the phone. I'm not sure from there how you actually post the picture link, but I'm sure there is an option in there that says "share photo" and then you'll find the links for FB, bulletin boards, email...etc.

I can't believe how badly photobucket is shooting themselves in the foot. I don't know anyone who is sticking with them. I haven't even been back to their site since the announcement. I'm using our own website (that we use to advertise vacant apartments). I devised a nomenclature for the pictures so that no two pictures will ever have the same name.

I was going to say, I'm not much help getting stuff off the phone (in my case I transfer to my computer first, but realize not everyone has that), but re: the Photobucket bit, just WOW. I completely deleted my account (everything on there was already on my computer and I never really used it other than for posting here). What in the world are they thinking??!!

So tomorrow I'm off to see my dad in Florida for 9 days. Last night I went onto the Southwest app to check over my flight, and there's this little red exclamation point with a "Tropical Storm Harvey" advisory.... Uh-oh. I open that to discover that it's impacting all the major airports in central/eastern TX, and my stop-over was San Antonio. Um..... (and right about here I'm telling myself, I have got to stay more on top of what's going on out there in the world!! :rotfl:).

Decided to wait until this morning to see if there was any change, and of course the only change was that it became stronger overnight. Thankfully, SW is allowing anyone with a flight to, from, or through those cities to make a change with no additional charge. So first thing today, I made the switch -- I still get to go tomorrow, I now go through Denver, and only arrive 2 hours later than originally planned. :thumbsup2

So tomorrow I'm off to see my dad in Florida for 9 days. Last night I went onto the Southwest app to check over my flight, and there's this little red exclamation point with a "Tropical Storm Harvey" advisory.... Uh-oh. I open that to discover that it's impacting all the major airports in central/eastern TX, and my stop-over was San Antonio. Um..... (and right about here I'm telling myself, I have got to stay more on top of what's going on out there in the world!! :rotfl:).

Have a good time with your dad!

Yeah we were supposed to fly to Houston on Wednesday for our annual band conference, but a few months ago we found out that it was the same weekend that John Williams would be at the Hollywood Bowl. So we canceled those tickets and used the airfare to go to Denver Las week instead. Now I'm glad we won't be in Houston in the aftermath of a Hurricaine!

I can't believe how badly photobucket is shooting themselves in the foot. I don't know anyone who is sticking with them. I haven't even been back to their site since the announcement....
......well, I can't exactly abandon them.....I have too many photos on that site that I have to recoup....

Howdy from Florida! I forgot how HUMID it is here in August!!! :scared: Yikes.... But, it is also SO. GREEN....! Boy do I miss that.

Had a fairly uneventful trip, very glad to be going through Denver (I checked the departure board at the airport and my original flight which was stopping in TX was still listed as "on time", but I wouldn't have wanted to risk getting stuck there for who knows how many days now.... those poor people...:sad2:). Dad isn't doing so great, to be honest, but I'm trying not to dwell on that and just enjoy the time I can be with him.

On a more humorous note, my rental car is brand spankin' new and oh my word it's like driving a computer..... :confused:

If it were my phone, I would got to the Play Store and download the free app and then use that to directly upload the photos from the phone. I'm not sure from there how you actually post the picture link, but I'm sure there is an option in there that says "share photo" and then you'll find the links for FB, bulletin boards, email....I can't believe how badly photobucket is shooting themselves in the foot. I don't know anyone who is sticking with them....
....okay, so how do I download my photos from photobucket onto a zip drive[memory stick]? I clicked on the button "download" but it didn't even give me an option of where exactly I'm gonna download them TO.....WTH?

....okay, so how do I download my photos from photobucket onto a zip drive[memory stick]? I clicked on the button "download" but it didn't even give me an option of where exactly I'm gonna download them TO.....WTH?
....I tried twice and it didn't work, so I "Shared" the albums with my Yahoo email account....can I download them from there? :confused3

.....well, THAT didn't go quite as planned.....all it did was give me a direct link to view each album.....:badpc:

Did it start to download despite this?? If so, when it's done you should be able to click some little icon on your computer (on mine it's at the top right and is a little arrow; on others I've seen it pop up at the bottom as a status bar), that will give you the option to "show in folder", and when you open that, you can make a note of where they were dumped and then move them if desired.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter