Dis Old Fogies Clubhouse – Six of One, Half Dozen of the Other. Makes No Difference!

I've come down with a bug of some sort. 2 days bedrest (aka sleep), a ton of coughing.....and I hope I'm back to sub-normal tomorrow.

I hope you feel better soon!

We've been having some much-needed rain but it also got cold, so it's been pretty miserable.

Coming from where you did, I'm surprised to hear you say its cold! :lmao:

But yeah for wimpy southern Californians, its cold!

Get well soon PIO.

LegoMom have fun at Disney World.

I blew it on our dining reservations for Disneyland, I thought we could book at 30 days out and it's 60 so no Blue Bayou Fantasmic Packages. I'm totally slacking on keeping up with the Disney park stuff. :rolleyes1

The sun is trying to peak through the clouds today.

Well, I've been here a year and was treated to near-perfect weather for about 90% of that time.....I've wimped out!! :rotfl2: (but to be fair, when I say "cold rain," I'm talking in the 30s and low 40s. And if it's still coming down at night, it usually turns to snow....:headache::headache:. We're at almost 4,000'!!)

....one thing my DS and his fiancee noticed was that it was kind of cold at DL...I guess they half-expected it to be warmer there...

...you need a REASON?

Well to justify it to Fran, yes. Since we're approaching 4 years of having moved, but there is still stuff in the old place, she is a little testy about us having fun.

Well, I've been here a year and was treated to near-perfect weather for about 90% of that time.....I've wimped out!! :rotfl2: (but to be fair, when I say "cold rain," I'm talking in the 30s and low 40s. And if it's still coming down at night, it usually turns to snow....:headache::headache:. We're at almost 4,000'!!)

I know you told me where you live but I forgot. What are the major highways to/near your house? I didn't realize you were in the mountains. In fact i didnt even realize there were mountains that high down there!

....one thing my DS and his fiancee noticed was that it was kind of cold at DL...I guess they half-expected it to be warmer there...

It has been unseasonably cold here for a month or more.

.....I know you told me where you live but I forgot. What are the major highways to/near your house? I didn't realize you were in the mountains. In fact i didnt even realize there were mountains that high down there!

It has been unseasonably cold here for a month or more.

We're way down, right off the 8 in Pine Valley, 45 miles east of San Diego....and just a bit more to the east of us are mountains that top 5,000'! The Pacific Crest Trail begins not far from here near Campo and climbs rather abruptly. The Anza-Borrego Desert is just "behind" us (over the mountain range) and it also has some impressive peaks. From a few spots on the Sunrise Highway, you can see both the San Bernadinos and the Salton Sea at the same time! It's a totally different landscape than further north (lots of rock, not so much on the trees) but pretty breathtaking in its own way. It's the most impressive when you drive here from Arizona; you cross what amounts to a flat desert (although there is agriculture going on in places), there's a sign at one point that you're at Sea Level, and then the mountains just shoot straight up from that valley floor. You climb for like 10 miles before it levels off, and they even warn travelers to turn off a/c and they also provide water stations for your radiator!!

Ok, way more info than you asked for, but I just got rambling....:crazy:

The Anza-Borrego Desert is just "behind" us (over the mountain range)

OK this gives me an idea where you are. We drove out to Anza Borrego last year to see the flowers. We came from the north via Temecula but left heading south. We ended up going through Ramona and eventually through Visat until we met up with the 5, and then came home the way we woukd from San Diego. I guess if we kept going South we would have eventually hit where you live .

Just read the final installment of your TR, @franandaj ! I haven't commented over there because I feel I'd get lost in the shuffle of the "power commenters"....:rotfl: but I have enjoyed following along! I'm heading to FL in a week to visit my dad, then capping off the trip with one day in Epcot. Super excited for the whole thing! DH and I were up in Anaheim a couple weeks ago. It was typically busy. We actually got more done on our 2nd day (we spent one night) when we got there at opening and just spent a few hours! Oh well, the beauty of being a pass holder is that some trips, you can just sit and enjoy the parks rather than be go-go-go all the time. We also had an epic interaction with Jack Sparrow on Tom Sawyer Island..... He was highly disappointed that our coffee cups did not contain rum, and called our coffees "bean water." :rotfl2:

Hi everybody!!

We changed cruise companies and I wondered if any of you have sailed on Royal Caribbean?

[…

We changed cruise companies and I wondered if any of you have sailed on Royal Caribbean?[/QUOTE]
Sailing RCCL Vancouver to Honolulu in September, second time on this cruise. Have sailed RCCL about 15 times altogether. It’s a good line.

....two of my friends and I went to the Garden State Plaza [a mall] and had lunch at Grand Lux Cafe. We were seated right away, and there was no pressure to leave any time soon....it was lovely!

That sounds lovely.:flower:

Yesterday I went to lunch in Sutter Creek with my aunts and cousins, it was so nice to not be on a strict time schedule. Next week is Disneyland and the Baja cruise. :earsboy::earsgirl: :sail:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter