Dis Old Fogies Clubhouse – Six of One, Half Dozen of the Other. Makes No Difference!

OMG! Lovely to see you here.

Everyone welcomed! We just need to set a target date.

Let me know what your date is in April. I'll take the day off!

Still a bit over a year away, but the years seem to fly by all too quickly! We are scheduled for Melbourne Thursday, 23 April 2020. The ship is scheduled to dock 8am and depart 8pm so we will want to be back on board by 7pm the latest. Will be awesome to see you again! :hug:

We usually go to WDW in the fall of the even years. I'd be willing to schedule a trip for 2021 if it meant meeting some of the Fogies!

How is everyone?

Are you talking about 2020 or 2021 for the Old Fogies DIS meet? We could probably make 2021.

We DID get to go to Six Flags Magic Mountain [in Bakersfield].....now that I think about it, I cannot imagine why we wouldn't have visited DL back-in-the-day. :confused3

How is everyone?
...can't complain....my DS and future DD-in-L purchased the house across the street from us about a month ago....my youngest DS in still doing the DCP and doesn't intend on coming back....he loves working at WDW too much! He's "in recreation" at the BC/YC. Sometimes he works the marina, sometimes he checks IDs at the SAB gate, and sometimes he can be found at the top of the pirate ship slide!

PIO, The Radiance of the Seas leaves Sidney Saturday April 18, 2020. We went to spend the Friday in Sidney, but hope we can see you in Melbourne earlier in the week. I guess we lose a day heading West, but we think we will leave from NYC on Monday April 13.

Too bad we are not on the Solstice!

Whew, that's great because 2020 is all planned out already. I'd be interested in 2021 too. Might even get to try the new Disney ship if it's delivered by then.
I would love to get on the new Disney Ship too!
So, we are looking at Oct 2021?

I would love to get on the new Disney Ship too!
So, we are looking at Oct 2021?
The WDW 50th is October 2021 and if I've tracked the thread it sounds like Fall 2021 is when there might be a DIS Meet. Has it been narrowed down any further?

...can't complain....my DS and future DD-in-L purchased the house across the street from us about a month ago....my youngest DS in still doing the DCP and doesn't intend on coming back....he loves working at WDW too much! He's "in recreation" at the BC/YC. Sometimes he works the marina, sometimes he checks IDs at the SAB gate, and sometimes he can be found at the top of the pirate ship slide!

My DD, the one who did the CP and never came home, has worked in Recreation most of the 5 years she's been there! She did deploy to YC/BC several times and really loved it! She's most recently been at WL, but just today started a 6 month TA at Blizzard Beach! Her husband (yep, she met and married a fellow CM!) works at Studios. Nice now, but I can't imagine how it will be there when Galaxy's Edge opens! :headache:

PIO, The Radiance of the Seas leaves Sidney Saturday April 18, 2020. We went to spend the Friday in Sidney, but hope we can see you in Melbourne earlier in the week. I guess we lose a day heading West, but we think we will leave from NYC on Monday April 13.

Too bad we are not on the Solstice!

That would have been awesome! We actually looked at Royal Caribbean, but the dates and itinerary on Solstice worked out best for us! You do lose a day (gain it coming home!), but make sure you give yourself enough extra time getting to AU (flight issues; jet lag, especially if you can't sleep on a plane - - I can't!) Coming home, I don't worry - we get there when we get there! :thumbsup2

My DD, the one who did the CP and never came home, has worked in Recreation most of the 5 years she's been there! She did deploy to YC/BC several times and really loved it! She's most recently been at WL, but just today started a 6 month TA at Blizzard Beach! Her husband (yep, she met and married a fellow CM!) works at Studios. Nice now, but I can't imagine how it will be there when Galaxy's Edge opens! :headache:

That would have been awesome! We actually looked at Royal Caribbean, but the dates and itinerary on Solstice worked out best for us! You do lose a day (gain it coming home!), but make sure you give yourself enough extra time getting to AU (flight issues; jet lag, especially if you can't sleep on a plane - - I can't!) Coming home, I don't worry - we get there when we get there! :thumbsup2
We will spend time in Aulani coming home.

My DD, the one who did the CP and never came home, has worked in Recreation most of the 5 years she's been there! She did deploy to YC/BC several times and really loved it!...
...small world....actually, his leader is getting him an interview to be a server at Compass and Ale...he really hopes he gets it....

Still a bit over a year away, but the years seem to fly by all too quickly! We are scheduled for Melbourne Thursday, 23 April 2020. The ship is scheduled to dock 8am and depart 8pm so we will want to be back on board by 7pm the latest. Will be awesome to see you again! :hug:

I'll have to put it in my calendar! Consider it a date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!