DIS oldtimers (well newtimers too) where are you?

Dan Murphy

We are family.
Just wanted to get a thread going, would like to see a lot of the 'oldtimers' from here on the CB, or other boards here too, who maybe have lurked more of recent than in the past, stop by and say hello. :hyper2: Sometimes threads like this start out, in the direction sort of a complaint, one thing leads to another, and then pixiedust: they poof it. As I read those, it's always nice to see folks coming out of the woodwork, so to speak, and say hello, but then they are gone and so are the DIS'ers for the time being.

So, I ask, please, not to make this a 'b' session, but rather just one to say 'hi'. Obviously, if it goes in the other direction, it will pixiedust:

So, I think this is a harmless enough start, let's see some old faces.:smickey: I know you are out there, because you pop in on these type of threads when they arise, or others that touch the emotions. :hug: Stop by, say hello, maybe meet some new folks along the way too. :grouphug: And if it stays 'nice', I would think the thread will stay too.

Okay, who all is out there? And if you are not a lurker, say hello too, open to anybody. :thanks:

:woohoo:

PS: I feel like I just started a game of hide-and seek, LOL, counting to a hundred by the tree, no peeking, here I come, LOL. :yay:

Hi Dan!!! :wave2:

I'm not sure where I fit in. :scratchin
I'm not exactly an old timer, and I'm not exactly new - I'm sorta in the middle ;)

Hello to everyone :wave:

I'm here. I guess not that many people know me, though I was mentioned in on of those "where are they threads" so some people miss me :woohoo: .

Well I am here all the time :teeth: but I will say :wave: anyway. :duck:

Hey, Dan! What a nice thread! Hello, to all the rest of my DIS friends!

Hi Dan! :wave:

I can't belive it's been over 6 years I discovered The DIS! :goodvibes

I still remember when the membership was below 10,000...Now look at it! :eek:

Glad you're still around! :)

TC :cool1:

I have to say, all the people with thousands of posts....you're DIS old timers!

I'm not really friends with anyone here, but HI anyway.

I'm one of those not new, but not old either. I haven't been posting, but I do read almost everyday. I always think no-one knows me, but whenever I post something along those lines, someone will PM me and say "I'd miss you.". That's why I love this place! :thumbsup2

Thanks, Dan for starting this thread!

Not sure if I fit in any category :rotfl: but I like this kind of thread so..."hi" :wave: to everyone and thank you, Dan, for starting this post.

Not sure I've earned the title of old time Dis'er yet... possibly more middle aged. What a sweet thread though... just had to stop and wave at Dan. :wave:

I'm glad a lot of newbies are here :wave2: and miss so many of the old-timers, too. :worried:

I'm sort of old. I found the DIS back in '99 and just lurked until eventually registering in early '01 so I could participate in the Riddle Me This threads and some other things. Was a regular for a time, but had to leave. Popping in once in awhile these days, but since I want to be able to just up and leave at any moment without causing worry or pain, I am staying more "distant" and low-key.

I've missed a lot of folks from here. Don't recognize many names these days, though. I regularly lurk a non-Disney, non-DIS-related message board, and people "come and go" there too, even the "long/old-timers". I think it's the nature of the 'Net. Rather transient. I've always been happy to see old, familiar names that haven't posted in a long time show up again there. I imagine it feels similar here.

So...

Hi, Dan, and a "Happy Day" to you. :wave: :sunny:

And "hi"/"Happy Day" :wave: :sunny: to anyone else who ever suffered his/her way through any of my all-too-lengthy posts.:blush:

Kinda new but thought I would pop in and say hello, maybe make a new friend or two so :wave: all!

Well, since I'm "always quiet" (yeah, right!! :lmao: ), I'll just stand here and :wave:

Colleen

:woohoo: :woohoo: party: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Old timer here. It's been fun watching the board and the Dis family grow over the years!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!