DIS oldtimers (well newtimers too) where are you?

Anyone still have their lime green Mickey heads from Home Depot. Going to Disney next week and still attach to my Disney bags.

2D9C0DC7-78CC-41C7-BA22-93E6ABDC8EE5.jpeg

Anyone still have their lime green Mickey heads from Home Depot. Going to Disney next week and still attach to my Disney bags.

View attachment 347237

Mine's in my "Disney drawer" along with all my other Disney travel necessities (pins, Disney gift cards, AP, etc.) I can still remember the time I sat in the same car as a family at Sci Fi Dine Inn, and at the end of the meal noticed their lime green Mickey Head.

Gina! Great to see you. Good times in the past, you, your son, mom, dad, and his dog.

Would you believe that little boy who was excited with the Chicago keychain you gave him, just graduated as a marine engineer? I have no idea where the time went. I miss my dad every day, and his dog. I heard from a castmember that the picture of Newley and Pluto is still hanging down in the utilidors somewhere. That thought makes me happy. :-)

Great to see you too! *hugs*

Hey, Janet!!! How the heck are you? Staying out of trouble? :duck: All is well here, thanks, hope with you and your daughter also. Do you still keep in touch with Teejay??
yes, I’m never in trouble!😉🤣 well, I just started looking, just graduated with my Masters, and heading to Disney so I popped in to plan! I’m living in southern NH as she is also...so I wanted to touch base with her. I know she is not far from me!! Daughter is good in Austin, and my grandson will be 11 in a few weeks! So glad I found you! I’ll be in touch!🎉💜

Hi Dan!
An old timer when it was practically just you and I posting LOL...it's been so long I can't remember the year. It had to be before '95?
DH & I moved to FL this year!

[
yes, I’m never in trouble!😉🤣 well, I just started looking, just graduated with my Masters, and heading to Disney so I popped in to plan! I’m living in southern NH as she is also...so I wanted to touch base with her. I know she is not far from me!! Daughter is good in Austin, and my grandson will be 11 in a few weeks! So glad I found you! I’ll be in touch!🎉💜
Congratulations, Janet, on your masters!! Please say hello to Tee for me if you make contact.
Hi Dan!
An old timer when it was practically just you and I posting LOL...it's been so long I can't remember the year. It had to be before '95?
DH & I moved to FL this year!
Hi Lynn. Good to see you again. No, not before '95. The site started June '98, I came here March '99. Florida sounds nice. :beach:

I'm glad you remember the dates Dan. I think I must have joined just before you did if I remember correctly. I do remember when you posted back then as a newbie! It's amazing I visited Disney so many times before the DIS, how did I survive! Things have changed so much since then on these boards and in the parks. It was so simple back then, lol

I've been around since Jun 29, 2001. Was a moderator for a time as well. Now I just enjoy reading posts and contributing when and where I can!! I will never forget how much the Dis helped me during 9/11....it was one of the only places I could get info while I was at work. I'll never forget that day.

MJ

My original joined date was around 1998, but after many years I fadded away and just came back a couple of years ago under a different name but remember everyone from this post from back in the "old days". While so many things have changed, so many have stayed the same.

I'm back again! I still stay in touch with Tony, pumba (Marie) and Carol. Who else is still out there?
Hey Donna!! The parasailing lady. :faint:

TVT Tony? How is he doing? Is he still in FL? Marie, still in Maine? I think she was moving? And which Carol?

This thread made me realize that under our names is the "joined" date-wow, I didn't realize I'd been here that long! Almost deserving of an anniversary party.
And probably earlier, Dorothy. August '99 is when he switched to a new software. Anybody here at that time has that start date. I started here in March of '99, got the August '99 date like everyone did. Then in April '00, he had another software change. I had to sign on again, a moderator then, and my start date got changed to what it is now, April '00. You were here before August '99.
While so many things have changed, so many have stayed the same.
So true, tex.

Hey Donna!! The parasailing lady. :faint:

TVT Tony? How is he doing? Is he still in FL? Marie, still in Maine? I think she was moving? And which Carol?
Dan!! Yes..the parasailing lady! LMAO great memory! Marie is still in Maine and doing well. Tony has married...right?...Anita...she's a sweetheart! He has moved to Port St Lucie and has given up his annual pass. Disney is no longer my prime interest in traveling...went in 2007 and twice in 2014...returning next fall. My kids are gorwn and have 4 grandkids now ages 2-7. I have been spending vacations cruising (Hawaii, Alaska, US Virgin Islands and Carribean) and doing beach vacations on the gulf coast. So good to see you still here. I suppose you keep in touch with Carol and John Crissup...friends with them on FB and they are always on the go. Hope all is well with you and your family!! ❤❤

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter