DIS oldtimers (well newtimers too) where are you?

And probably earlier, Dorothy. August '99 is when he switched to a new software. Anybody here at that time has that start date. I started here in March of '99, got the August '99 date like everyone did. Then in April '00, he had another software change. I had to sign on again, a moderator then, and my start date got changed to what it is now, April '00. You were here before August '99.

Thanks so much-I thought I was remembering wrong. I chose my user name because, as I was sitting there mulling over the DIS's request to choose a user name, my brand new little kitten, Simba, jumped on my lap and a user name was born! We got him in July of 1998. So I was always puzzled about my posted join date. Thanks for clearing up my confusion.

I'm definitely an old timer. My first trip with the kids was 1995 when wilderness lodge was new. Came out of wdw one day and their was gentlemen in a kiosk offering a stay at WL for 109 a night or CR or 149 a night. we jumped on the WL rooms and stayed 2 extra days. All we had to do was call front desk and add on extra nights then call airlines and change flights (free of charge of course) easy peasy those days. I also had green shirt and did dessert party with member on here who arranged a whole party with people around the world. Trusting back then as well. I miss those days.

Hi Everyone ... my little boy is all grown up now and he is planning a trip to WDW with his girlfriend. I told him about the Dis and encouraged him to check this site to help with the planning!! I can't believe how many of the old timers are still here!! It's great to see so many familiar faces :earsgirl::earsboy:

I don't know if anyone remembers me. I couldn't remember my password for my Liberty Belle account. I had Naveen Andrews (from Lost) in my signature along with a picture of Tigger laying down with my son. Avatar was Belle sitting in a tree.

I can't believe how long some of you have been here! And I can't believe I've been here for two and a half years now myself--it seems like it was only very recently that I discovered the Dis. Then it too me a while to find the Community board, but now a day just isn't quite right if I don't check in here and see what you all are up to!

Good to see this thread come back up. Thanks Still Liberty Belle, and welcome back!
While I'm here, let me wish everyone a Happy and healthy New Year!!

World class lurker here - but I have not even been doing much of that lately. My profile says Sept 1999, but that is when I got around to registering again under the new software, so it was earlier.
Our family stayed with a DVC family in August 1994, and in exchange for a later check-out time on the last day that we were there, we agreed to the tour. Of course we signed with our guide Byron the day of the tour, but I remember we did have 30 days to back out of the deal. ($60.50/pt) The free park park tickets until the year 2000 clinched it.
My 3 kids were ages 15,11, 8 at the time of purchase. They ended up nick naming me Jack Diznee due to my intense trip planning with my 3 ring DVC binder, various guides, maps, articles, long phone calls with Member Services and of course this site.
Today, they are even more intense than I was, and the 2 younger ones do virtually all the planning.
It was always great to bring my family, but it is also very satisfying to bring the 5 grandkids, ranging from ages 4-19 to WDW.

And probably earlier, Dorothy. August '99 is when he switched to a new software. Anybody here at that time has that start date. I started here in March of '99, got the August '99 date like everyone did. Then in April '00, he had another software change. I had to sign on again, a moderator then, and my start date got changed to what it is now, April '00. You were here before August '99.
So true, tex.
I knew I'd joined in '99 and then something happened and the date changed, but I couldn't remember what. Thanks for prompting my memory.

I can't believe I've been here 21 years. I didn't even have all my kids yet when I joined and now they've all but moved out. Time flies ...

Been here since 1997. Haven’t been around much lately but I think it’s time since I am self isolating

:wave2: everyone!!
I'm definitely an old timer. My first trip with the kids was 1995 when wilderness lodge was new. Came out of wdw one day and their was gentlemen in a kiosk offering a stay at WL for 109 a night or CR or 149 a night. we jumped on the WL rooms and stayed 2 extra days. All we had to do was call front desk and add on extra nights then call airlines and change flights (free of charge of course) easy peasy those days. I also had green shirt and did dessert party with member on here who arranged a whole party with people around the world. Trusting back then as well. I miss those days.
Hi Everyone ... my little boy is all grown up now and he is planning a trip to WDW with his girlfriend. I told him about the Dis and encouraged him to check this site to help with the planning!! I can't believe how many of the old timers are still here!! It's great to see so many familiar faces :earsgirl::earsboy:
I don't know if anyone remembers me. I couldn't remember my password for my Liberty Belle account. I had Naveen Andrews (from Lost) in my signature along with a picture of Tigger laying down with my son. Avatar was Belle sitting in a tree.
Good to see this thread come back up. Thanks Still Liberty Belle, and welcome back!
While I'm here, let me wish everyone a Happy and healthy New Year!!
I miss all the Chicago dis meets we used to have, Corrine.
Old timer here! I stopped coming by for a few years, lurking really, and then decided to come back to the fold...and here I am (stands tall and imaginary long hair fluttering in the wind).
I knew I'd joined in '99 and then something happened and the date changed, but I couldn't remember what. Thanks for prompting my memory.

I can't believe I've been here 21 years. I didn't even have all my kids yet when I joined and now they've all but moved out. Time flies ...
Your minute by minute review of 9/11 on the dis comes up every 9/11, Jenny. Always sobering to read, even almost 20 years later. Still thanking you for doing that back then.
Been here since 1997. Haven’t been around much lately but I think it’s time since I am self isolating
Hi Denise. Don't be a stranger. Hope your family members are all well. Still quilting, if I recall?

Kirk!! Great to see you.

Hope all is well with you, your daughter and granddaughter. She has to be 10 or older now? Stay healthy, wash your hands, 6 feet from others. :)

Hey Dan. The granddaughter (Cat) turns 16 next month and is watching her youngest brother (8YO). I was retired last summer and am watching the 11YO. The boys fight when together making it impossible for Cat. My daughter and her husband are self employed so they can't not work. I just got over a "self-quarantine" from a bug I caught back in Jan and now everyone else is locked down.

Hey Dan. The granddaughter (Cat) turns 16 next month and is watching her youngest brother (8YO). I was retired last summer and am watching the 11YO. The boys fight when together making it impossible for Cat. My daughter and her husband are self employed so they can't not work. I just got over a "self-quarantine" from a bug I caught back in Jan and now everyone else is locked down.
Catryna is 16 now? :faint: Plus an 11 year old and an 8 year old? Holy moly! You need to stop by and update more often. My best to you all, Kirk, stay well and enjoy that retirement. Hope Chrissy (I think that's correct) and her husband do well during these uncertain times, my best for them, and all of you. Take care.

I love when this thread gets bumped up. First of all to see all the "old-timers" second to see Dan remember everyone's name including spouse, children & grandchildren, and hobbies! Amazing!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter