DIS Unplugged 12 Hour Marathon Show for Give Kids the World

UPDATE UPDATE - Obviously the show was over and it was very successful for us! However, if you were watching live then you know we ran into some audio sync issues at the end of the night that required me to export out a clean copy of the show and upload it to YouTube. It is about 25% of the way right now and should be available late Sunday night or early Monday morning. At that point, if you made the $10 or up donation in Handbid or if you're an eligible Patreon supporter then you will receive your access to the show. Thank you for your patience and thank you for your support!!!

UPDATE - Auction Link: https://events.handbid.com/auctions/disunplugged-marathon-show-for-gktw

Hello! We are just hours away from the start of our 12 Hour Marathon Show that will help raise money for Give Kids the World. We'll be having a lot of fun today, so if you have time to join us for a bit, please stop in and say hi! Here's some details... First, the show will be streaming on YouTube and the link is here to watch it. Second, after the show is finished, it will become unavailable to watch unless you are a Patreon supporter or you make a $10 donation to Give Kids the World through our Handbid auction. Third, our Handbid auction will launch with the show, so I can't post a link quite yet, because I don't even have it, but I'll update this when it's live. Finally, select segments from the show will be released throughout December on YouTube as well as in their respective audio feeds, so if you don't have the money to donate right now then you won't completely miss out on content from the show.
Hi, I was wondering if we missed the marathon and wants to purchase it thru the donation or patreon can we receive it via podcast format and not youtube . I don't want dis on youtube, i listen and would love to be able to hear the 12 hrs in that format. much appreciated,

I had an idea for next auction that may bring in money. not sure if those in charge read this but bidding on a personal call from one of the dis podcasters would be cool? Pete giving you a phone call? or a personal message online from when of them? so if you can't go to an event to meet them but want to meet them you can via telephone...

I had an idea for next auction that may bring in money. not sure if those in charge read this but bidding on a personal call from one of the dis podcasters would be cool? Pete giving you a phone call? or a personal message online from when of them? so if you can't go to an event to meet them but want to meet them you can via telephone...
@disneyworldsk - Don't know if feasible, but I certainly LOVE the idea!! As somebody who hasn't been to WDW in 7 years, and does not know when/if my next visit would be, I would certainly appreciate something that doesn't need an "in person" presence.

I am apologize to you Teresa like I wrote in my E-mails to you deeply SORRY for the misunderstanding shouldn´t post the post instead wrote directly to you to ASK you About the Stickers. My Memory unfortunately came back to late I wrote that you can Keep them or put them as Bonus surprise gift to the two items. So ruined that as well only because couldn´t remember that fact. Therefore deeply sorry should have had handle it correctly wish I would have had remembered that earlier.

Also I totally forgot that I had the other item in the package as well and totally forgot even the other item and had crazily bid on my own item totally not know that it is my other item only because I thought would be something for my Sister, but if I would have known that it´s my other item wouldn´t bid so much on it.

Therefor for whoever have Paddle #588 I apologize as well if I would have known that it´s my item wouldn´t bid and seems a max bid means the last bid of some bidder???? I don´t know how it works it´s my first auction only donated last year for the goods of donating and the Marathon Show.

Also apologize to everyone here and the Team doesn´t wanted to gave you a bad mood wasn´t my Intension at all was mostly worried and wish my Memory would have been much earlier back, but unfortunately after those nearly 3 months had forgotten those Details and Information.

Hope Teresa, The Team and all the others who may where kinda offended deeply sorry for that. As a additional apology to Teresa I will sending her a apology/x-mas gift and also kinda symbolic thanks from all the Donators kinda as thank you to HER for the great support she gave so far as specially this year after August 3 months later another auction to handle not an easy Job and I hope we all are happy for her efforts as the whole Team from Pete John to the webmasters here the Homepages Craig Ryno Technical Supporting Staff Office Members and so on thank you for the great works even with Technical Issues trying the best to support

thank you to all and deeply Sorry again for my mistake and to late returning Memory. yours truly Christian Derfler MrChrisDanger DreamCatcher777

God bless you thank you for what you do and good luck hope we can make a lot of Money at the end in the upcoming days even when it seems that it´s kinda struggles so far but it´s few days left so hope some more bids and donation until than. And Merry X-mas Happy Birthday to PETE and CREW AND ALL OF YOU.

Hi - I did a direct donation to GKTW via handbid. last year this gave me access to the entire youtube video of the marathon. is this the same this year? I made the donation several days ago.

Thanks
Todd

Hi - I did a direct donation to GKTW via handbid. last year this gave me access to the entire youtube video of the marathon. is this the same this year? I made the donation several days ago.

Thanks
Todd
Yeah Todd I got the link from Craig but he had some difficulties with Audio at the end and Youtube fixed the Audio but cutted out the last 7ish minutes. So he tries to fix that for having the full Show for us who donated $10,- or more. So in the Name of Craig please be calm and patient he will give his best to try to fix it that hopefully we can get the full versions of the Marathon.

If not at least we have to hope he can or have the last section and could fix that to post it seperately if it wouldn´t be possible to fix the whole but we have to see how it goes. I trust him that he may find a solution even when I am happy to have it like the current but of Course the last few words as well would be sweet to listen again.

Congratulations for a still successful Auction this Year.
With less of 111 less items than the current one in August and thankfully a lot of direct donations it seems this auction made over 24000 more than the one in August $64726,- not quite the 100.000,- but close.

Nethermind with less items but a lot of direct donations and awesome Special Events and few HIGH BID ITEMS as well and even I wish my items would have done much better (unfortunately due to my mistake I guess or ???? wishes would have never happened) but still happy it got some bids even if it could have been much more.

At least with my donation and my (own) Winning Item I could get a close to $100,- donation with my two items and direct donation hope it will help and everyone has a Wonderful Holidays Christmas time even if we may not get those items before x-mas but Maybe some of us have luck.

And whoever won my Item#1 thanks for the bid and enjoy being a part of my journey and enjoy the spirit and my heart and the Wonderful journey it had and thank you very much of your donation because it´s all for those Kids and I really have done it with pleasure (and pains) but with the greater Goal in Mind to HELP that These Kids can have the MAGIC SPIRIT and LOVE to being there and having such JOY AND HAPPINESS in their usually tristful hardful times.

THANKS for being part of it and deeply sorry again for the mistake I made wish would have had rememberred much earlier. HAVE A MERRY MERRY X-MAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR MAY THE FORCE WILL BE WITH US ...EVER.

Yours truly sincerly

Christian Derfler MrChrisDanger DreamCatcher777

Paging fellow poster @sethschroeder, he asked about the DCL show back in Sept. Looks like it’s finally back today. :)

I was on my first Disney cruise so I missed it hahaha.

Craig said he will be e-mailing the link to those that donate/Patreon ... But said he has to do it manually and that it might take some time so I wouldn't expect it by tomorrow

If we donate is it watchable on YouTube? I couldn't exactly tell if that was the case (sounds like it was going to be uploaded????). I don't use the Patreon site at this point primarily because I consume all my content through either YouTube, YouTube TV, Vudu, Disney+, SirusXM, or Twitch. Those services have apps on every single media player/device I have (well Twitch I give a slight pass on with 3rd party apps).

Happy to donate as I have stated in the past but want it in a format I would consume. Heck I wonder if there would be more money in Twitch style streaming where people can subscribe and donate during the streams?

I was on my first Disney cruise so I missed it hahaha.

If we donate is it watchable on YouTube? I couldn't exactly tell if that was the case (sounds like it was going to be uploaded????). I don't use the Patreon site at this point primarily because I consume all my content through either YouTube, YouTube TV, Vudu, Disney+, SirusXM, or Twitch. Those services have apps on every single media player/device I have (well Twitch I give a slight pass on with 3rd party apps).

Happy to donate as I have stated in the past but want it in a format I would consume. Heck I wonder if there would be more money in Twitch style streaming where people can subscribe and donate during the streams?
I believe if you were going to donate you had to do it through the auction on Handbid as a direct donation option before it closed yesterday.

I think they should extend the option to donate to GKTW in exchange for the 12 hour show link, for the simple fact that I’m on the other side of the world and forgot to do it. Doh!!

Hey all,

I received an email from Craig but it went to spam and got accidentally deleted. I emailed him about 5 days ago asking if that was the link to the Marathon show. Can anyone let me know if it was, and if so can I get the link somewhere else.

Also, I bid and won an item (already paid for), I was wondering when the DIS team will be emailing us or letting us know when they will be sending out our items.

Thanks!

Hey all,

I received an email from Craig but it went to spam and got accidentally deleted. I emailed him about 5 days ago asking if that was the link to the Marathon show. Can anyone let me know if it was, and if so can I get the link somewhere else.

Also, I bid and won an item (already paid for), I was wondering when the DIS team will be emailing us or letting us know when they will be sending out our items.

Thanks!
I am looking for the same info! I paid the invoice on 12/7 but have not heard any updates on shipping or when to expect the items. I was hoping to get them in time for Christmas. Any idea who to contact to get that information? Thank you!

Hey all,

Thanks!

Thanks for the heads up on checking my spam folder. I have been wondering where the email was, and sure enough, it was in my spam folder! I'm going to enjoy listening!

Melissa

Does anyone know how I can make a donation that will contribute to the DIS total at this point? (I already have access to the link so am not looking for that).

Does anyone know how I can make a donation that will contribute to the DIS total at this point? (I already have access to the link so am not looking for that).
I think you can donate directly to give kids the world and designate that it counts towards the dis power of 10.

Is there a contact email for Craig? I still haven’t gotten the link to the 12 hour show. I’ve searched my spam folder but can’t find anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!