DIS Unplugged at Tivoli.

columnwest

Mouseketeer
Hey all,

Just got back from a trip to Scandanavia, and thought I'd share a pic of me at Tivoli Gardens wearing my DIS Unplugged t-shirt. (DIS Unplugged represent, y'all!)

(I can't seem to post a link to the pics here, but you can see them by clicking on the "Community Photos" link above.)

You may remember I got this shirt after writing in about a disasterous experience with British customs officials after returning from Disneyland Paris. Amusingly enough, I must just look like a troublemaker to the Brits, 'cause on the day I moved back to the States from the UK, they stopped me at the jetway to the plane and searched me again. I have the feeling I'm on some list now. :( Anyway, I'm happy to report that (avoiding Britain entirely this time) I had no problems at all on this trip.

Tivoli Gardens is small but extremely beautiful. Disney fans will know that it was one of the parks Walt and the original Imagineers looked at to get ideas for Disneyland. I don't think he got any rides from here, but he sure used the landscaping! Tivoli Gardens is more like a beautiful botanic garden with lakes and rolling hills and acres of beautiful flowers everywhere... which happens to also have some rides. It's definitely one of the more beautiful parks I've ever seen, even if the rides weren't much more than your typical county-fair variety (although some of them are quite historic).

If you have the chance to go to Tivoli (in Copenhagen, Denmark), I highly recommend it, especially in the summer evenings when all the buildings are lit up (a la Main Street USA after dark, another idea that probably originated here) and they have lots of outdoor concerts in the park.

-- Chris

Thanks for posting Chris! Maybe we should have a contest to see where in the world the DIS Unplugged can be spotted. :thumbsup2

BTW, my MIL is from Reading. :goodvibes

I can concur Copenhagen is a lovely place.
Used to travel through there many a time when I worked for a Swedish company :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter