DIS Unplugged Made Me Do It

zonkvadr

Mouseketeer
I agree but the only problem I have is every time they enthusiastically discuss something I end up planning a trip. They vlogged about the food and wine and that has always been on my bucket list. My DD unexpectedly is not playing soccer this year so now I have a trip planned in October. Then I listen to the DU podcast on MNSSHP, which I had zero interest in and, lo and behold, the DH and I are going since we will be there for one of the nights.

Based off this quote from another thread by MaryKatesMom, I thought it would be fun if we posted an activity, resort, or other experience that we either didn't know about or didn't necessarily have an interest in, that we ended up either doing or really want to do based on listening to the DIS Unplugged.

For me, it is absolutely the Hoop Dee Doo Review. Didn't sound like something I would be interested in, but since listening to the podcast, it is now on my future To Do list.

PS Kind of a newbie here, so apologies if I've done something wrong!

definitely an interesting topic!

Not sure if they fully "made me do it" but I think the team pushed us more to trying a trip to Disneyland - and specifically to go during the 60th anniversary of the park. i think it was Kevin who said "If you are thinking of going to Disneyland at some point - this is the time to do it!"

So we did it! And we did love all that was going on for the 60th (though it was very crowded - I'd like to try another trip when it is less crowded ... though with Star Wars land coming I expect that to be like 2030 or something)

Oh, one other one I thought of - from the Podcast but also from other DISers is the idea of taking a solo trip ... which I did for the first time for the DIS 20th party!

(fun telling all your co-workers, that, yes, I am going back to Disney - but this time I am leaving my family at home :rotfl2:)

They definitely got me very interested in going out to Disneyland very soon. I started "planning" as soon I started hearing their experiences. I also use a lot of their reviews to decide where we eat while in WDW. This last trip we went to Jungle Skipper Canteen (Pete always says how good it is) and The Polite Pig (Craig and Ryno had a favorable review a while back) and they were both awesome!

ABD Backstage Magic Tour! We had a truly once in a lifetime ABD tour that had only 9 people! We all got the daily ABD pins. We all got to sit in the middle front row of Soarin'. We all fit in Walt's apartment over the firehouse. We all got art work at the farewell dinner. Our guide Jamie (only one for such a small group) ran himself ragged making extra magic. This is a high bar by which all other ABD tours will be measured.

Well, as my tag line says, I'm a DIS meet junkie. I've been to the New Jersey, New England, Hershey, Delaware, and Richmond meets, multiple times for some of them. None of that would exist if not for the DIS.

We went to the podcast 10th anniversary celebration in 2016 and the website 20th anniversary celebration this year.

We sailed on Podcast cruise 6.0 last year.

We have also volunteered multiple times at Give Kids the World Village and DW and I ran in their annual 5K a couple of years ago. We only learned about GKTW through the DIS.

The list of things I'd like to do that they've talked about is far too long to list.

After listening to Michael Bowling's segments with the Disneyland team, I became interested in D23. So I had thought about doing a week long trip for D23 this past summer. However, I then heard about the Southwest DIS meet that was being held earlier this year. So I decided to come out to Disneyland for that and split up the two trips. Granted, I did go to Disneyland almost every day of D23, but I wasn't nearly as exhausted as I would have been if I had made an entire week trip for both.

Before the DIS, I had not ever heard of the ABD trips either. Have booked my first one of those as well. Plus I don't think I would have ever done a Disney trip solo without having listened to the DIS, found the DIS Boards or met so many nice people on my different DIS related trips to WDW or DL.

Not sure if this counts, but I never would've used a travel agent if I hadn't listened to the DIS Unplugged. I hadn't even thought about it, and I wasn't quite sure what they did. Now I'm having a fantastic experience, and got all of my ADRs without the worry!

I would have to say my interest in ABD has increased after listening. I didn't think the price made sense but given what i have heard, i now understand why you would pay such a premium.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter