Dis won't keep me signed in.

I've cleared everything, done everything and still nothing and admin is just saying oh well it's cookies and it isn't so what are you going to do for those of us that have tried everything and still can't remain logged in?

What operating system and browser are you using?

I tossed my cookies and NOW I didnt have to log in..
Thanks ...I will try to remember that..

and also THANK YOU for all the hard work of putting in these new servers...(or whatever you call them):yay:

Didn't work for me either. I cleared ALL of them and still cannot stay logged in. Just started after whatever changeover they did recently.

Didn't work for me either. AND it dis- logs me sometimes in the middle of posting. No longer surprised some people just moved their discussions over to FB.

I too have tried every suggestion I have found on this board, and still can't stay signed in. As soon as I navigate away from disboards - GONE. I have the same problem on IE and Chrome. Very frustrating. I do appreciate the speed of the new servers, but wish this problem could be successfully resolved as well. I don't have this problem on any other website.

I too have tried every suggestion I have found on this board, and still can't stay signed in. As soon as I navigate away from disboards - GONE. I have the same problem on IE and Chrome. Very frustrating. I do appreciate the speed of the new servers, but wish this problem could be successfully resolved as well. I don't have this problem on any other website.

This is a copy and paste of the step by step instructions I posted in another part of DIS to help out a fellow DISer there that had the same problem, it worked for her, and it is still working for my, so give it a try and see, providing of course you are on a pc with windows and internet explorer :)
"Are you running windows on a pc? internet explorer? I had to go into tools, internet options, on the general tab, where it says browsing history you click on delete, and in the box that pops up I made sure the box beside "preserve favorite websites data was unchecked, then checked all the boxes except the last one that says "inprivate filtering data" I then hit the delete button. then I closed my internet explorer. I opened my IE again and came back here to make sure I was not logged in, then back to my home page, and did everything again, and closed my IE. I then opened my IE again and went into the tools etc. again, and this time I checked the top box where it says "preserve favorite websites data" and unchecked the "cookies" and "passwords" boxes. then I came back here and signed in. That was about a week ago, and I've been signed in since. I had to sign into every other site I go to again, and re enter all my saved card numbers for my banking stuff. It was a pain in the butt! but now it's done and hopefully DIS will stay put for a long time!! Whew..... Lol... I sure hope this will work for you!"

I basically cleaned out everything in my history, and that seemed to work. (in Firefox just go to History, then Clear Recent History, and leave everything checked, and for time range, I just put it for everything).

I am having to reenter a lot of info on other sites which is kind of a pain, but at least the DIS seems to be working now.

I use Firefox as my primary browser and have followed all of the instructions the Mods, and others, have suggested. I have even attempted to use disboards on IE and followed the instructions pertaining to that web browser.

Nothing has resolved the issue on my end. This was not a problem prior to the server move. No one else had this issue prior to the server move. So what's the common denominator here: THE SERVER MOVE.

Something else must be going on if the issue still exists after following all of the instructions given.

Back to the drawing board Mods. I realize it's a small issue to be griping about, and for me it's not that it's a pain to have to keep logging in. For me, it's about something not working like it's supposed to.

My experience seems to be somewhat different than what others are describing. In particular, it's only been happening for about the last 8-9 days, while others have been seeing it for a few weeks. What I'm seeing: for *some* pages on disboards, I can log in, and when the new page loads, it already shows as not logged in.

The odd part is that this only seems to happen on certain pages. In particular, it seems to only happen on page one of certain forums. It will show me as not logged in, but when I click on a thread, the topic opens and *that* page shows me as logged in - time stamps are adjusted, I can reply, and so on.

Also, lately the problem has become intermittent. I can log in to the restaurants forum and the login will sometimes "take", sometimes not. But the individual thread pages seem to always detect the login.

It's a curious issue indeed.

My experience seems to be somewhat different than what others are describing. In particular, it's only been happening for about the last 8-9 days, while others have been seeing it for a few weeks. What I'm seeing: for *some* pages on disboards, I can log in, and when the new page loads, it already shows as not logged in.

The odd part is that this only seems to happen on certain pages. In particular, it seems to only happen on page one of certain forums. It will show me as not logged in, but when I click on a thread, the topic opens and *that* page shows me as logged in - time stamps are adjusted, I can reply, and so on.

Also, lately the problem has become intermittent. I can log in to the restaurants forum and the login will sometimes "take", sometimes not. But the individual thread pages seem to always detect the login.

It's a curious issue indeed.

Are you set to use a certain style?

So has anyone come up with an idea of what's causing this and how to fix it for more people? We've been losing a lot of traffic over on the Weddings & Honeymoons Board because posters have given up on signing in over and over again. :sad2:

So has anyone come up with an idea of what's causing this and how to fix it for more people? We've been losing a lot of traffic over on the Weddings & Honeymoons Board because posters have given up on signing in over and over again. :sad2:

I can imagine. It's so wierd for me-sometimes it asks me to sign in again and sometimes it remembers. The other night it wanted me to sign in again so I said "Heck with it" and went to another site. Came back 15 minutes later-this time it remembered me. So frustrating! I'd love an answer-but not delete cookies-I've deleted cookies so many times.

For me, it's gotten so bad that I'll sign in to reply in a thread, take my time composing a response, and then have to log in again to post.

I've cleared cookies and cache, which has worked -- more or less -- before, but does nothing now. If I can stay logged in for more than 5 minutes at a time, it's surprising.

In no attempt to piss off the Webmasters of this site, it has become abundantly clear to most of us that the last major upgrade of the site has caused a problem with members remaining signed on between log in's. I have gotten used to signing in every time. Yes, the boards are so much faster than they were, but we need to accept, or admit that there is a problem with members being remembered between sign ons. Every offered fix has failed. I love it here, so this is as far as I will go with this, as not to be banned as a troublemaker. Thank you for the work you do, but it's time to fess up to what really is a minor change to the way we do things.

In no attempt to piss off the Webmasters of this site, it has become abundantly clear to most of us that the last major upgrade of the site has caused a problem with members remaining signed on between log in's. I have gotten used to signing in every time. Yes, the boards are so much faster than they were, but we need to accept, or admit that there is a problem with members being remembered between sign ons. Every offered fix has failed. I love it here, so this is as far as I will go with this, as not to be banned as a troublemaker. Thank you for the work you do, but it's time to fess up to what really is a minor change to the way we do things.

Actually the complaints have pretty much died off. VBulletin is very well known software used on 1000's of sites and the only thing that ever causes this issue is the cookies on your machine. I have no control over that and there is nothing I can do. I'm not going to ban you for complaining about a tech support issue you are having but I do have to let you know that my hands are basically tied here. Notice how you are the first post on this thread since 6/9.

but we need to accept, or admit that there is a problem with members being remembered between sign ons..
Yes there is an issue. But I do believe that the issue is an end-user issue not a board issue. Unfortunetly there is only so much they can do to help users.

I myself had this issue but once I went in and cleared/deleted everything - cookies, temporary files, saved passwords, browsing history, web form information. I also deleted Disboards from my favorites. Closed everything and restarted my computer. After I did this it solved the log-in issue and I now stay logged in.

I visit other message boards that, simply do not have the function to keep you logged in. You get used to is and log in each time you visit.

Actually the complaints have pretty much died off. VBulletin is very well known software used on 1000's of sites and the only thing that ever causes this issue is the cookies on your machine. I have no control over that and there is nothing I can do. I'm not going to ban you for complaining about a tech support issue you are having but I do have to let you know that my hands are basically tied here. Notice how you are the first post on this thread since 6/9.

Probably complaints have died off because people have given up. I visit way less often now and just sign in each time. Not a problem I have had with any other boards. I accept your hands may be tied but it is still a pain for many end users.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter