Disabled Facilities at DLP

Kernow_Clan

Stop the World, I want to leap off.
Helloooo you lovely people :-)

Just wondering what the provision is for disabled access within DLP.

My 2 eldest have Cerebral Palsy, my son being worst affected as he needs a wheelchair or a frame to get around.

I am looking at visiting for the first time this Xmas, possibly staying at the Sequoia Lodge.

Thanks all

Ade

Hello Kernow_Clan and welcome to the DLP board!! :wave2:

I'm afraid I can't help you with any first hand knowledge, but you can order a special booklet for disabled guests from the official webisite, though I don't know how comprehensive it is.

DLP.info also has some information in "Tips and Info"

Great help, have ordered the brochures, and the info on the website is very helpful.

I am going to book this weekend, so then the excitment really starts to build.

:-)

Hi Ade!

I know Simon Veness says in his book "A Brit's Guide to Disneyland Resort Paris" that the only attraction that isn't wheelchair friendly is Adventure Isle (which is an area to look round, e.g. caves, treehouse). Everything else should be wheelchair friendly and I understand people with disabilities are usually able to go into rides in a separate entrance bypassing the queue.

Let us know when you've booked and ask away with any other questions!

Hello Ade and welcome to the Dis :)

We stayed at Sequoia Lodge last Feb and loved it :)

Please ask away with any questions you may have :)

I have friends who have a teenager who has cerebral palsy and needs a wheelchair or frame for mobility, they stay at the Santa Fe. I also have a son with problems with mobility and we checked out the SL in relation to his needs a couple of weeks ago. I think it would be OK, and appears to be wheelchair friendly too, in my view, not a lot of room in the restaurant at breakfast time though. The parks will be crowded though, so it may be a bit slow getting around although you will not have to queue for all the rides.

Thanks for the help guys, I got a copy of Simons book last night and have already gotten through 2 chapters, I am beginning to see that the disabilities will be less of a barrier than I thought, though perhaps I should know better these days.

I see a few of you are heading over for Xmas, I hope that I will get a chance to meet some of you. I am going to be booking this weekend, so I am sure that I will have questions once that is sorted.;-)

Ade

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter