DISappearing Peeps...A fastpass to THIN! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Birthday Danielle
19.gif

When DD19 started school, she thought the alphabet was SUPPOSED to be sung off-key 'cuz that's the way momma always sang it. :rolleyes1
:lmao:

Just had to share a few photos of where I went today, any guesses?
2007TowerofLondon002.jpg

Look for the clue sitting on the canon and the guy with the funny hat! :rotfl2:
3e8cc6bc.jpg
cade638a.jpg

Just to say we had loads of exercise those cobbles really get your thighs. :laughing:

I am having a hard time with exercising. Does anyone know of a shoe or a stretch to prevent plantar fascitis? I got new new balance walking shoes and I walked yesterday. By last eve both heels are red and swollen again. I need to move but I need it to not hurt. Any ideas?:cool1:

OK, a few ideas for you...I have it bad and heels spurs to boot. So my podiatrist gave me some bands to wear. They go around your foot in the arch area, sort of look like a small ace bandage of sorts. They were cheap, maybe $10 total? I will check online for a pic of them. They really help give my feet extra support which helps release some of the pressure on my arches, which is what causes the heel pain. You can also buy gel heel inerts for your shoes. Those help a bit.

Mine hurt really bad after sitting and trying to get up again...ouch. He said first thing in the am, and anytime after sitting before standing up, to stretch. Basically just use a towel or something to help you pull your toes up towards your shin. You will feel it. Your leg doesnt have to be straight though- if it is you will feel it in your hamstrings too. Also, after exercise or at the end of the day when I am hurting, ice works well. Get a bag of frozen peas (or 2) and sit it on your heels. It really helps the inflamation. He also gave me a prescription for an anti-inflamatory when it is really bad.

There are lots of good shoes out there. The key is to go to a store that knows how to analyize how you walk. They can recommend the right shoe for you. A running shoe store can do that.

Off to search for a pic for you...Hope some of this helps!

Happy Birthday Danielle

Okay, I don't have plantar faciitis... my pain is on the back of my heel, not the bottom... more Achille's tendon problem.

Found some info here with stretches for it... Plantar Faciitis

OK, a few ideas for you...I have it bad and heels spurs to boot. So my podiatrist gave me some bands to wear. They go around your foot in the arch area, sort of look like a small ace bandage of sorts. They were cheap, maybe $10 total? I will check online for a pic of them. They really help give my feet extra support which helps release some of the pressure on my arches, which is what causes the heel pain. You can also buy gel heel inerts for your shoes. Those help a bit.

Mine hurt really bad after sitting and trying to get up again...ouch. He said first thing in the am, and anytime after sitting before standing up, to stretch. Basically just use a towel or something to help you pull your toes up towards your shin. You will feel it. Your leg doesnt have to be straight though- if it is you will feel it in your hamstrings too. Also, after exercise or at the end of the day when I am hurting, ice works well. Get a bag of frozen peas (or 2) and sit it on your heels. It really helps the inflamation. He also gave me a prescription for an anti-inflamatory when it is really bad.

There are lots of good shoes out there. The key is to go to a store that knows how to analyize how you walk. They can recommend the right shoe for you. A running shoe store can do that.

Off to search for a pic for you...Hope some of this helps!
I have orthotic (expensive) inserts for shoes,Corcs, a heel stretcher device,frozen reusable bags and theragesic cream but I was looking for actual exercises that might help rather thanmore devices. we leave for Disney in a month and I dont want to be in agony again and I refuse to be the fat girl in a scooter

This is from a site called footsmart. They are $10 for the pair and they really help me.

p10085b.jpg

I tried those and they didnt work. I also have bad varicose veins and periph . circulation problem so they actually caused more problems . Thanks anyway

Happy Birthday Danielle!!!!:grouphug: :dance3: :rockband: :cake: :dancer: party: :jumping1:

If you don't mind Danielle can you share with mw what one you bought?? I am considering a couple of suits for our trip!

Dene and Melinda-LEts do a off tune trio!!! Watch out AMerican Idols!!!:rotfl:

DeneI had the srugery 3 years ago on my left heal after tons of shots and sadly still had the problem after the surgery! I found a great podiatrist foot surgeon who hit it just right with the injections and thankfully I have not had a problem now in a year. I never thought the pain would go away and was amazed this Dr said the shots have to be just right. To think of all the pain I went through and surgery was needless! Amaziing you have my sympathies it is truly painful.

I have to go out shopping before the stom hits and try to do some trip planning and silly stuff. I hope we get a 2 hour delay tomorow and hten I can sleep late yippeee!

[
Just had to share a few photos of where I went today, any guesses?
2007TowerofLondon002.jpg

Look for the clue sitting on the canon and the guy with the funny hat! :rotfl2:
3e8cc6bc.jpg
cade638a.jpg

Just to say we had loads of exercise those cobbles really get your thighs. :laughing:

Jo, I'm so jealous!!! But if things go as planned I'll be there next spring! There's another reason to loose weight, I don't want to sit for 12 hours on a plane with the armrest digging into my hips, or overflowing into dh's seat!

I am having a hard time with exercising. Does anyone know of a shoe or a stretch to prevent plantar fascitis? I got new new balance walking shoes and I walked yesterday. By last eve both heels are red and swollen again. I need to move but I need it to not hurt. Any ideas?:cool1:

Snow I have PF and I have been using an arch strap, not the one dance showed you, I ordered it from footsmart its a felt band that wraps around your ankle, then there is an elastic band that wraps around the bottom of your foot, you set the tightness...it might be better for you...Ilove mine

the exercises I do are the ones denes link showed and I also sit with my ankle on my opposite knee and pull my toes backwards and hold it for a count of 10, and do this 3 times, (30tretches) 3 times a day

also, ice makes my foot hurt worse, i find that if I put the heating pd on my foot it feels much better...

Jo, my guess is Japan. :rotfl2:

But seriously, I visited that little town in 1985.

Can I have the Tiki Room? When will she be back.....Tuesday?
Melinda, you're welcome to have the Tiki Room! Yes, I think she'll be back on Tuesday. If anyone is going to put a ticker in their signature, it should probably be done today so it will show what she rode while she was actually still at Disneyland. Thanks!

Happy Birthday, Danielle!!!

Jo, thanks for sharing the photos. Is that London? The grass looks SO green in that one shot. I might have to get out my daughter's scrapbook to see if she went to those places!

Come on guys I need more than just London, another clue - The Queen keeps some valuables here! And they are pretty impressive!

Melinda don't we all want to visit the places furthest away? I would love to see Australia, New Zealand and of course lots more of the States. The funny thing is though that I went to Paris last year and visited more things in 3 days than I have done in London on numerous trips!

The Tower!
Yeah, we went to the Tower of London it was the first time since I was a kid and it was interesting, the jewels are pretty impressive but all the girls were interested in were the Ravens. Tell you what it makes you realise how small people were hundreds of years ago as we had to go up lots of tiny spiral stone staircases our legs were killing us.

So I had loads of exercise today but we did eat some junk as we took some crisps with us and the girls made rice crispy cakes yesterday so we took some of those too. Good job it's 5 more days till weigh in. :thumbsup2

Melinda I've just seen you've only got 4 more posts till a big whooo hoooty, make it a good one.

Hi Peeps! Just helping to get to 8000!!! :banana:

-Michelle

OMG I'm never around for the big pages you normally do it whilst I'm asleep so Whoooo Hooooty

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!