DISappearing Peeps...A fastpass to THIN! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigget74

DVC Beach Club Villas
WELCOME AIMEE!!! Glad that you have joined us.

Monica---sounds like when I had Joshua--we closed on our house the day before we induced so we were moving until late that night and had to be at hospital by 5. So I think I got 2 hours sleep before my induction. Please post a pic as soon as you can--you know your peeps will want to have a peep at your bundle of joy!! May God Bless you and your family during the wonderful time.

Today it is supposed to be 110. Over the weekend the heat index is supposed to be 112---I think I will be staying inside and boycotting any outisde activities.

Last night was hard my oldest DS joined the youth group at church. He has been happily awaiting this time and I have been dreading it. It is hard to see that my boy is growing up. I know that we all go through this--but it still is hard to learn to let go and let them discover some things on their own.

Have a good one everyone.

Good call Christine!!

:cool1: AIMEE!! :cool1:

(trying a different, ie OLD computer - it logs me off instead of posting many times!! Very frustrating not being able to talk to y'all!!)

This is something that has helped me a lot.

If you focus on results you will never change but, if you focus on changes you will get results.

I am thinking about it a lot today. So far so good. I almost stuck my hand in the wheat thins box but I stopped. One battle won!

Great advice - I needed to hear that!! :thumbsup2

Pigget :grouphug: You have a lot of emotions running around you today!! HOLD ON TIGHT Peep!! :goodvibes :wizard: I'll never forget when I dropped dd off at her first full daycare (it was at a Catholic High school - they rented space there and the HS kids would come in to help out in the afternoons - it seemed perfect - well she loved it from the beginning... but that first day, I literally burst into tears - and the director thought I was nuts... "um isnt she your 3rd child? Havent you been doing this already???" Yes, but that day it just struck me, she grew up!!

I also have to say I am blessed... there is nothing finer to hear than your 21 year old telling you he loves you... "love you mom, just wanted you to know"... or your 19yr old saying (after 3 or 4 years of just gentle grunting uhhuh") "me too mom".... When my boys were little I made it a point of visiting their cousins, that were older and had awesome relations with their parents, if their cousin could hug Mom in front of their hs friends, well, it stuck!!!

so far, this old computer is doing ok... it just eats posts from time to time, and I get knocked off the internet...

Big Brother - its going to be fun to watch tonight!! There is so much dealing, changing, redealing, changing... lying... switching... promising on my kids lives, to its just a game, I dont really mean it if I promise them that... :rotfl2:

Right now, no one is sure... I missed the whole Amber slander, altho her and Dustin were talking and it seemed racist to me "my dog doesnt like black people"... :scared1: I know they are young, but really? Some get the microphone from the DR when the DR 'forgets' to turn off a mic - and then it goes up on youtube!! Just been amazing, ever since that banner went by during the hoh comp last Thursday!!

I lost interest, whenever one clique totally dominates, I lose interest!! I like them not knowing!!

i pulled out one of my old "the firm" cardio tapes today and did it instead of hauling my booty to the gym in this heat. it was hilarious! a good workout, but what was with those fashions in the later '80's, early '90's? what exactly is the purpose of a belt with a leotard??? :laughing:

I do an "8 Minute Ab" DVD and the guy is in a tight biker short outfit! It's very funny to see the fashion, but the excercise is great!!! :banana:

Sandy -- I've never "seen" you in real life, but I have gotten to know the internet "you." And I say that you are a wonderfully beautiful person! You are kind, caring, and a cheer leader for all. Often the first to welcome a new peep and the one to offer encouragement and hugs. You also have motivation of great proportions to get out there and "wog" (as you would say). This motivation is inspirational (and makes me get off of my butt more days than not). You're also a caring mother with what sound like great kids. You're a teacher -- need I say more? I'd say that adds up to an extraordinarily beautiful person who is worth more than she'll ever know. :hug:

DITTO!!!! :hug:

The Dr.'s office called and upped the time of my C-section to 7am on Monday.

I have to be there at 5am. So up by 3am to leave by 4am to get there by 5.

Like I'm gonna sleep anyways:rotfl:

Monica..I can't believe it is time for you to have this baby already! It seems like you just told us you were pregnant! :eek: Where did the time go??? (And I still have only lost 8 lbs! :sad2:)

My daughters wedding is coming up fast, only 9 more days! I have to work on the favors and still am waiting for the centerpieces! I know they shipped, but they haven't arrived yet! Hopefully today!
<keeping fingers crossed!>

Didn't eat well yesterday, but didn't eat much. I hope that doesn't affect my numbers tomorrow. :flower3: I really wanted to be out of the 190's before the wedding, but not sure that is going to happen. I'm doing Turbo Jam tonight, so that should help!:yay: (I know with the amount I sweat doing it, I should lose at least 2lbs!:cheer2: )

I'm sorry alot of you are having heatwaves where you are! Our heatwave was when it hit 86 this week!!! :scared1: People complain that's hot, but I really don't think it is that bad. Now 100 is HOT!!!! :scared:

just a flyby before i go to bed......

about dance tonight, i thought sabra and neil were the best couple. but they're all really good now in my opinion. ray thinks danny will win. he's an amazing technical dancer, but i don't know if that means he'll win. everyone seems to like lacey and i think she's awesome, but i think a lot of her fanfare comes from being benji's little sister. she acts a little corny for me sometimes. i think pasha and lauren will probably go this week. i love lauren, but honestly sabra's better than her and everyone loves lacey, so there you go. although it may be lauren and neil, but neil is amazing to me so i hope not.

anyway, those are my thoughts on it.....you may return to your lives now. :laughing: by the way, DH and i are thinking of going to see the dancers on tour when they come to atlanta in october. still not sure i wanna shell out the money though.....we'll see.

I love everyone that's left on the show too! I don't know who is going to go this week. I guess Lauren, but the guys - I don't know! I like Danny a lot. I think he is amazing technically, but I don't know if he has connected with the audience as much as Neil and Pasha. Hard to say! I can't believe we won't know until next week.

UGH!!!

I have to break my possible bad news to y'all...

I MAY not be able to go in September!!!!

Today is the 45 day out mark and we still owed $2800 PLUS need airfare for 6. NO money left on credit cards and have been granted 15 days to come up with the rest of the money. :sad1: I just can't see it happening! :sick:

It's NOT even WDW I'm sad about...it's missing out on meeting YOU in real life! Ya know?

We have a Plan B though. We do have AP's to Disneyland in Ca. and we have buddy passes booked to Orange Co. so the money we've paid thus far to WDW would be refunded and go towards a good-neighbor hotel and the cost of food and Universal Studios. ANd a car rental. We'd be going at the end of October with Spongie and her family- who've never been so it'd be so cool to see her kids' experience magic on a disney scale! Being with my real life friend in Disneyland would REALLY be awesome!

IF I don't end up going PLEASE take lots of pictures for me to see everyone!

Aries!!! I totally love my decoupaged notebook!!! It's my new journal! AND I haven't taken off my magic green bracelet! It really IS magic! Thanks again for my sweet package! I truly love you!!! :hug:

This whole thing normally would drive me STRAIGHT to over eat on junk..but I'm attempting to suck it up and be a grown up when I feel like I'm 10!

I'll be praying Wendy! :hug: I know you really want to meet everyone, and I really want to meet you! I hope things work out.

So, I thought I would join in. I saw UM post in her sig from the boutique thread.

Let me tell you about my weight loss journey and recent struggle.

On Feb.1, 2005 I joined Weight Watchers. I did the core plan. I had great success. It was life changing. One Dec. 1, 2005 I weighed in a hit the 100 pounds lost mark. Later that afternoon I found out I was preggers with baby number two. I had a very challenging pregnancy and gained 105 pounds.

In July of 2006 I gave birth to a very healthy baby. I rejoined WW and was very successful again. I had lost about 90 pounds by January. Eating right and exercising. I then hit a plateau, Well, this past spring I was ill (liver) and then this summer my baby began having seizures. I have not coped with this well and have turned to food.

I skipped WW two weeks in a row. I have never done that. I fell off the wagon so hard I do not know how I am going to get up. I gained about 15 pounds back just in this month. I still have lost 70-75 pounds. My problem is I am so unmotivated. I just do not care and I do not know how to change. I am disgusted with myself and I cannot seem to forgive myself and let the weight gain go. I still have 100 pounds to loose and it feels like a mountain!

I am going back to WW in the morning to face the music. I feel like I have let my leader down, my family down and mostly myself. I just cannot seem to move past this roadblock. I could use some encouragement just like everyone else.

WELCOME!!!!

Sandy -- I've never "seen" you in real life, but I have gotten to know the internet "you." And I say that you are a wonderfully beautiful person! You are kind, caring, and a cheer leader for all. Often the first to welcome a new peep and the one to offer encouragement and hugs. You also have motivation of great proportions to get out there and "wog" (as you would say). This motivation is inspirational (and makes me get off of my butt more days than not). You're also a caring mother with what sound like great kids. You're a teacher -- need I say more? I'd say that adds up to an extraordinarily beautiful person who is worth more than she'll ever know. :hug:

I couldn't have said it better myself! Except I have met you and your DS's, and I can confirm that what MJMouse is saying is true. You have a LOT to be proud of Sandy! :grouphug:

This is something that has helped me a lot.

If you focus on results you will never change but, if you focus on changes you will get results.

I LOVE this! I need to put this somewhere I will see it every day or something!

I've not fallen off the wagon necessarily but I cannot stop crying...

A little crying can be okay... but that negative thinking has got to stop! :hug:

Guess what... I SCORED last night in my hockey game!! First time in a few years, and only my 4th goal ever, so I am pretty happy. :yay:

Way to go!!!! :cheer2:

I LOVE that! :love: And what a fabulous post for #18,000!

Sandy,
You are most certainly NOT ugly and worthless!!

here, here! i agree!!!!!! you're our peep cheerleader and an inspiration to all...even when your keyboard doesn't work right! ;)

Guess what... I SCORED last night in my hockey game!! First time in a few years, and only my 4th goal ever, so I am pretty happy. :yay:

:yay: congrats! isn't that the best feeling? it's been so long since i've scored a goal, but i remember how good it felt (used to play soccer).

she's a moron. actually, i think they're all idiots this year.

:thumbsup2 love it! thanks for sharing that.

I missed the whole Amber slander, altho her and Dustin were talking and it seemed racist to me "my dog doesnt like black people"... :scared1:

okay.....coming from them i'm sure it was just stupidity. but i do have to share this about my older dog, sherman. sherman has been housebroken since he was a puppy. well, there's a friend of ours named anton who happens to be black. he's been to our house twice....and both times sherman hiked his leg and peed on him!!! :eek: i felt SOOOOOO bad about it. i don't know why he did it! he's never done that with ANYONE before. i think anton's the only black person he's seen up close so i'm guessing that's why? but then that doesn't make sense because aren't dogs colorblind anyway? just very weird....and embarassing!

I'm sorry alot of you are having heatwaves where you are! Our heatwave was when it hit 86 this week!!! :scared1: People complain that's hot, but I really don't think it is that bad. Now 100 is HOT!!!! :scared:

it's currently 100 degrees in jefferson, georgia, but it feels like 104 with the humidity and everything else considered. :scared:

to all the pregnant peeps, you'll get a kick out of this. last year my best friend was due on september 10th and when she hadn't had any signs of labor they decided to induce her on september 12th. well, her 6-year-old, who was VERY anxious to meet her little brother and was VERY into the whole pregnancy thing, had heard all this conversation about inducing and being induced, etc. so she asks her mom, "mommy, what's going to happen when you get to the hospital? are they just going to say, "here's melanie" or how does that work?" at first my friend was really confused about what she was asking her, but then she figured out that she had the terms mixed up. she thought "induced" was the same as "introduced"! :rotfl:

i did 1 mile on the treadmill today (and .8 of that running) and 1 mile on the elliptical. it's just too hot to jog outside right now! i hope i have a decent number tomorrow!!!

so she asks her mom, "mommy, what's going to happen when you get to the hospital?
When I was pregnant with my second child and almost ready to deliver, my oldest looked and me and said...."How is the baby gonna get out?" :laughing:

I do an "8 Minute Ab" DVD and the guy is in a tight biker short outfit! It's very funny to see the fashion, but the excercise is great!!! :banana:

My daughters wedding is coming up fast, only 9 more days! I have to work on the favors and still am waiting for the centerpieces! I know they shipped, but they haven't arrived yet! Hopefully today!
<keeping fingers crossed!>

Didn't eat well yesterday, but didn't eat much. I hope that doesn't affect my numbers tomorrow. :flower3: I really wanted to be out of the 190's before the wedding, but not sure that is going to happen. I'm doing Turbo Jam tonight, so that should help!:yay: (I know with the amount I sweat doing it, I should lose at least 2lbs!:cheer2: )

I'm loving the talk about the 80's fashion in the exercise videos (no dvd's at that point :snooty: ). I have one where they are wearing thong leotards :-)scared1: ewww) with bike shorts underneath!!! Comfy!

The sad thing, of course, is that it shows how old we're getting. Did you know that Kathy Smith has a menopause dvd out now? :rotfl:

Now, Miss Sandy Eeyore......we don't allow bad mouthing of ourselves. You know you would never let us do that, right? I have been inspired by your posts so many times, your cheering and pulling us up, and running your race and so.....we love you, oh invisible friend, so don't do this to yourself!

Let's go to happier things.

Hooray for Kat on scoring a goal-- you are awesome, girl! :yay:
Hooray for Mony that your baby is coming soon!!!
Much pixie dust for Umama on her Disney trip! :wizard:
Hooray for Lynda for her beautiful wedding photos.
Hooray for DisneyObsession on her daughters upcoming wedding (as promised I will be drinking a toast to her on 8/18 -- from WDW!;) )

Hooray for all of you for supporting all the peeps on this thread! :thumbsup2

Okay, let's have a chuckle now, shall we. As some of you know, I teach an aerobics class 2 nights a week. I have owned this class for a couple of years but it has been in existence (with different instructors) FOREVER! Some of the ladies in the class have been coming for 20 years. I get a major giggle (and those of you who take group fitness classes can probably relate) over how territorial people get about THEIR spot in the gym. If somebody new comes in and stands there, watch out!!! :rotfl: I have this one lady, lovely person but no coordination whatsoever, who has decided she must stand directly behind my right shoulder (if I'm facing the front of the room). I practically run her over at least twice during every class, but it phases her not at all. Even better is that she always arrives late for class. If someone else is already in that spot, she positions herself right next to them, and over the course of the hour, somehow manages to nudge them over enough to grab her spot again.

You know, this kind of stuff makes me love the ladies in my class even more! :hippie: Guess I'm just weird that way.

Hope you all have a wonderful evening -- remember to appreciate the joy you have in your life and share it with others. :flower3:

:goodvibes Thanks for letting me vent...

Its part of all of our struggles... I know I need to keep it real, I think real life pressure for any one of us makes some of us run to the food... at least it does for me!! I know I find it easier to cheer others on, than to be real to me - reality for me sometimes is just sitting staring at this big fat belly and crying... and I thought I should share, so hopefully others know we're not alone...

I think many pages ago we talked about how this is our diary "that talks back" - I thank you all for "talking back"...

just know.. if I"m online, I've moved on... I often dont get "stuck" in that depression, but I do return to it... and to food... so I blog...

Pressures exist for each one of us, I know I often share way too much info, I just blog ( and wog! *grin) away... sometimes I do want to take it back... hopefully it will help me grow - in a good, positive direction... because you hit the nail on the head... I talk so negatively to me!!

:grouphug:

Everbody IS :dance3:
:yay:

PS more Big Brother info on Amber...

CBS PRESS RELEASE

http://face.env.duke.eduvegirls.comandwww.tmz.com/2007/08/08/
big-brother-shiksa-learns-jews-have-jewish-names/
UPDATE: CBS has issued the following statement: "BIG BROTHER is a
reality show about watching a group of people who have no privacy 24/7 -
and seeing every moment of their lives. At times, the Houseguests reveal
prejudices and other beliefs that we do not condone. We certainly find the
statements made by Amber Siyavus on the live Internet feed to be offensive
and they will not be part of any future broadcast on the CBS Television Network.

See, this is why I like the Big Brother fan sites, and not just the TV show...

also got a blurb on that stupid reality show AGE OF LOVE - why I waste my time watching tv I'll never know! :sad2:

I'm loving the talk about the 80's fashion in the exercise videos (no dvd's at that point :snooty: ). I have one where they are wearing thong leotards :-)scared1: ewww) with bike shorts underneath!!! Comfy!

Okay, let's have a chuckle now, shall we. As some of you know, I teach an aerobics class 2 nights a week. I have owned this class for a couple of years but it has been in existence (with different instructors) FOREVER! Some of the ladies in the class have been coming for 20 years. I get a major giggle (and those of you who take group fitness classes can probably relate) over how territorial people get about THEIR spot in the gym. If somebody new comes in and stands there, watch out!!! :rotfl: I have this one lady, lovely person but no coordination whatsoever, who has decided she must stand directly behind my right shoulder (if I'm facing the front of the room). I practically run her over at least twice during every class, but it phases her not at all. Even better is that she always arrives late for class. If someone else is already in that spot, she positions herself right next to them, and over the course of the hour, somehow manages to nudge them over enough to grab her spot again.

about the '80's fitness fashion and the thongs with biker shorts......those were in this video!!! too funny.

and i can SO relate to having *my* spot in the group fitness room. it's to the far left of the room and right up front, near the stereo system so i can make snide comments to anna (wonderwoman) when she's changing the music. ;) if someone gets my spot, i never get snooty about it, just go somewhere else. but i always feel so out of whack the entire class! i just like that spot for some odd reason!

oh, and also, i don't know how many of you guys do a class where you work with the exercise ball, but anna does one called "total tone." we do a couple of moves where we're laying belly down on the ball, knees on the floor with our feet up against a wall for stability. the one rule i have with that one is NOT to have my feet up against the mirror. have you ever looked at your butt from that angle.........NOT FLATTERING!!!! especially when you're doing back exercises and having to squeeze with your butt to raise your chest up. it's really discouraging! :laughing:

UGH!!!

I have to break my possible bad news to y'all...

I MAY not be able to go in September!!!!

Today is the 45 day out mark and we still owed $2800 PLUS need airfare for 6. NO money left on credit cards and have been granted 15 days to come up with the rest of the money. :sad1: I just can't see it happening! :sick:

It's NOT even WDW I'm sad about...it's missing out on meeting YOU in real life! Ya know?

We have a Plan B though. We do have AP's to Disneyland in Ca. and we have buddy passes booked to Orange Co. so the money we've paid thus far to WDW would be refunded and go towards a good-neighbor hotel and the cost of food and Universal Studios. ANd a car rental. We'd be going at the end of October with Spongie and her family- who've never been so it'd be so cool to see her kids' experience magic on a disney scale! Being with my real life friend in Disneyland would REALLY be awesome!

IF I don't end up going PLEASE take lots of pictures for me to see everyone!

Aries!!! I totally love my decoupaged notebook!!! It's my new journal! AND I haven't taken off my magic green bracelet! It really IS magic! Thanks again for my sweet package! I truly love you!!! :hug:

This whole thing normally would drive me STRAIGHT to over eat on junk..but I'm attempting to suck it up and be a grown up when I feel like I'm 10!
There must be something you can do? A solo weekend?? It wouldn't be the same without you!! :sad2:
So, I thought I would join in. I saw UM post in her sig from the boutique thread.

Let me tell you about my weight loss journey and recent struggle.

On Feb.1, 2005 I joined Weight Watchers. I did the core plan. I had great success. It was life changing. One Dec. 1, 2005 I weighed in a hit the 100 pounds lost mark. Later that afternoon I found out I was preggers with baby number two. I had a very challenging pregnancy and gained 105 pounds.

In July of 2006 I gave birth to a very healthy baby. I rejoined WW and was very successful again. I had lost about 90 pounds by January. Eating right and exercising. I then hit a plateau, Well, this past spring I was ill (liver) and then this summer my baby began having seizures. I have not coped with this well and have turned to food.

I skipped WW two weeks in a row. I have never done that. I fell off the wagon so hard I do not know how I am going to get up. I gained about 15 pounds back just in this month. I still have lost 70-75 pounds. My problem is I am so unmotivated. I just do not care and I do not know how to change. I am disgusted with myself and I cannot seem to forgive myself and let the weight gain go. I still have 100 pounds to loose and it feels like a mountain!

I am going back to WW in the morning to face the music. I feel like I have let my leader down, my family down and mostly myself. I just cannot seem to move past this roadblock. I could use some encouragement just like everyone else.
Welcome! :cheer2: :cheer2:
to all the pregnant peeps, you'll get a kick out of this. last year my best friend was due on september 10th and when she hadn't had any signs of labor they decided to induce her on september 12th. well, her 6-year-old, who was VERY anxious to meet her little brother and was VERY into the whole pregnancy thing, had heard all this conversation about inducing and being induced, etc. so she asks her mom, "mommy, what's going to happen when you get to the hospital? are they just going to say, "here's melanie" or how does that work?" at first my friend was really confused about what she was asking her, but then she figured out that she had the terms mixed up. she thought "induced" was the same as "introduced"! :rotfl:

i did 1 mile on the treadmill today (and .8 of that running) and 1 mile on the elliptical. it's just too hot to jog outside right now! i hope i have a decent number tomorrow!!!
:lmao: :lmao:

Eeyore...I hope your day gets better! :flower3:

Tough day for me..had to actually work for 8 hours. First day of work since July. Now I am off again until 9/5. ;)

Ooooooo.... the class with the ball!!! I took one of those once and couldn't get out of my chair for a few days.

Sandy, glad you are feeling better.

I am having a dilemna... It is so freaking hot out (hit 104 today w/ heat index of 119) and I really don't want to go to the gym. I did do 30 min of elliptical and an hour of hockey yesterday... but I know tomorrow I am working from home so I may or may not get on my little stair stepper and I am definitely not going to be able to do weights, which I could get in tonight instead of my usual Friday...

I was bad at lunch and went out with coworkers instead of the gym as usual. We went to Pei Wei Asian diner and I printed out all the nutritional info beforehand. I got the Mongolian Scallops (380 cals) with rice noodles (260) and ate half and put the other half in the box. When I get home tonight, I am going to stir fry some onions, broccoli, and water chestnuts with the boxed half to beef it up.

Wow, this thread has been busy this afternoon! I almost forgot tomorrow was a weigh in day - I remembered after I had 3 pieces of pizza! Yikes!

Aimee - I do WW flex. I can't bring myself to try core. At least with flex it makes it easier to cook for the entire family. Or maybe it's just what I am used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter