DISappearing Peeps...A fastpass to THIN! Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

dance2874

DIS Veteran
I have orthotic (expensive) inserts for shoes,Corcs, a heel stretcher device,frozen reusable bags and theragesic cream but I was looking for actual exercises that might help rather thanmore devices. we leave for Disney in a month and I dont want to be in agony again and I refuse to be the fat girl in a scooter

Have you tried the injections? I had them a few months back and they really helped. Sounds like with all your issues that may be the only solution for you. Do you do any of the stretching exercises at all? My Dr said I had to do them about 3 times a day at minimum to really help and I can tell when I dont do them.

-5 ( gained one 1)
It was a hard week for me. I ate every thing I should have said no to!. I'm going to blame it on my Moon Time! Which must have been very moody to let this happen, it didn't effect me last month. Oh well I must do better next week!
Sorry a late weigh in I was playing in the snow! Fun Fun!
DisneyJo
Oh I want to see the ravens at the Tower of London! On the day we went to London I chose Buckingham Palace but I much would have rather gone to the Tower! All sorts of great things in there. Okay next time... when my daughter is older. Looks like a fun trip you took and great exercise you worker off the rice crispy I bet!

snowwite
The stretch is a good one I have a fallen arch and when I do the stretch it helps a lot. Plus Orthotics are a charm for me I have to wear them every place. I just started being able to wear heals for a short time again, oh how I miss them... probably why I have this problem in the first place! When I was 13 I was told to stretch my calves with a towel or stairs, I didn't do it, now my arches fell. So I think that the key is the stretching, the orthotics are the support after the fact. Wish I had listened! So now I floss more too!
Great Job Everyone!

Happy Birthday Danielle
19.gif

:lmao:

Just had to share a few photos of where I went today, any guesses?
2007TowerofLondon002.jpg

Look for the clue sitting on the canon and the guy with the funny hat! :rotfl2:
3e8cc6bc.jpg
cade638a.jpg

Just to say we had loads of exercise those cobbles really get your thighs. :laughing:

I'm so jealous! I want to go to London! Hope you had a great time! The kids should sleep well tonight!:thumbsup2

Come on guys I need more than just London, another clue - The Queen keeps some valuables here! And they are pretty impressive!

Melinda don't we all want to visit the places furthest away? I would love to see Australia, New Zealand and of course lots more of the States. The funny thing is though that I went to Paris last year and visited more things in 3 days than I have done in London on numerous trips!

The Tower of London!:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

8000 WOOOO HOOOOOOOOTY, Jo!!!!!!!!

WOOO HOOOTY on 8,000! and on the kids sleeping too!:)
Thanks for the Whoo hoooty's it was about time I got a look in on a big post :rotfl2: But if it hadn't been for Michelle I wouldn't have even noticed. :laughing:

As for the kids being asleep I don't think I'll be far behind them tonight!

Where's Melinda gone doesn't she realise how close to 1000 she is? :confused3

WOOO HOOOTY on your post. DH and I went to the Tower of London in 1998. It was amazing. Glad that you had a good time.

OK, a few ideas for you...I have it bad and heels spurs to boot. So my podiatrist gave me some bands to wear. They go around your foot in the arch area, sort of look like a small ace bandage of sorts. They were cheap, maybe $10 total? I will check online for a pic of them. They really help give my feet extra support which helps release some of the pressure on my arches, which is what causes the heel pain. You can also buy gel heel inerts for your shoes. Those help a bit.

Mine hurt really bad after sitting and trying to get up again...ouch. He said first thing in the am, and anytime after sitting before standing up, to stretch. Basically just use a towel or something to help you pull your toes up towards your shin. You will feel it. Your leg doesnt have to be straight though- if it is you will feel it in your hamstrings too. Also, after exercise or at the end of the day when I am hurting, ice works well. Get a bag of frozen peas (or 2) and sit it on your heels. It really helps the inflamation. He also gave me a prescription for an anti-inflamatory when it is really bad.

There are lots of good shoes out there. The key is to go to a store that knows how to analyize how you walk. They can recommend the right shoe for you. A running shoe store can do that.

Off to search for a pic for you...Hope some of this helps!

Good link - BEFORE I get out of bed I point and flex my foot... at least 3 sets of 8
\

Then I also take the foot and make circles, think figure 8 roll the ankle, or loosen up the ankle... sure is hard to explain while my foot is pointing I go up down and around making a circle with your ankle -

I also have to apply ice paks regularly, my ankle swells impressively! and I havent worn heels in so long... I used to have to use a cane to walk, now thanks to crocs I'm better - I have inserts, I tried the "WALKFIT" ones on infomercial, and the arch is too high, they arent doing it, if you have a CVC pharmacy they sell them for $19.99 (My ankle turns in/pronates, so my arch is yucky!!) Now, I'm better, but I shouldnt walk barefoot, ever.. but I do, I just learn to live with the pain, and then go back to crocs... cant wait to wear my "Moonstruck" heels!!

Melinda, you're welcome to have the Tiki Room! Yes, I think she'll be back on Tuesday. If anyone is going to put a ticker in their signature, it should probably be done today so it will show what she rode while she was actually still at Disneyland. Thanks!

Happy Birthday, Danielle!!!

Thanks for the reminder I hope I'm not supposed to put something clever in it - I'll think of something brb@@

Jo, thanks for sharing the photos. Is that London? The grass looks SO green in that one shot. I might have to get out my daughter's scrapbook to see if she went to those places!

SHUCKS I just didnt get to the end of the quote!!

brb dh and dd talking!!

aldisney- take cover, storms coming your way girl

Thanks! It got really windy last night and rained a good bit, but no severe weather. Thanks for the heads up!

Happy Birthday Danielle
19.gif

:lmao:

Just had to share a few photos of where I went today, any guesses?
2007TowerofLondon002.jpg

Look for the clue sitting on the canon and the guy with the funny hat! :rotfl2:
3e8cc6bc.jpg
cade638a.jpg

Just to say we had loads of exercise those cobbles really get your thighs. :laughing:

You went to the Tower of London, and isn't the first one London Bridge? I showed my DH. He REALLY wants to go to London!!!! Are the Ravens the guards in the Red outfits that stand around the Tower? I went there when I was a senior in high school. I didn't appreciate everything I saw like I would now. :sad2: I do remember the jewels, and was very impressed. I hope you had a wonderful time! Oh and WOOOOOHOOOOOOTY on the 8000 post!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANIELLE!!!! Sounds like you had fun with the WHO!!!

Jo I forgot to say...

WOOOOOHOOOOOTY

and Love the pics!! and woohooty on the kids sleepin too!! ;)

WELCOME to Newbies, just keep posting, just want to say, sometimes I'm ditzy (more times than not!!) sometimes I'm forgetful... but dont take anything personal - if you want help, just post!! If you want advice, just post. If you need prayers, just post. If you need a buddy, just post. If you can give advice, please post. If you can give support, please post... so, everyone... JUST POST!!!

and hey...
how does the new siggy look??? Is it w/in those pesky guidelines??? I get too confused, I want MM and Fairy on the same line... brg

Hey Snowwite

I also have this problem. I once saw a podiatrist and got cortisone injections in my feet and did 3 weeks of physical therapy. I saw a surgeon first, he offered to cut on my feet and I said no thanks I'll wait until I cant walk. I went to the podiatrist when I was walking on the sides of my feet. The cortisone helped. Along with alot of motrin and the PT. What I am doing now is similar to what they did. I bought a parafin bath and dip my feet in the warm wax, wrap in plastic bag and then a towel. The warm moist heat helps to relax the tendon and make the stretching exercises eaiser. I can usually walk alot better after that. Also I have noticed that when my tennis shoes are getting old my feet hurt more. Also wearing your shoes all the time, even in the house will give your feet more support until the inflamation gets better.

PS:
That podiatrist- I thought he was "hot", like Dentist "McDreamy" then I found out he was my husband's niece's future husband :eek: :laughing:
The side effect of the wax is smooth soft feet- just in time for summer. Hope you feel better. Give it some time to heal.;)

Just a quickie before I go to bed ( well after I've watched Lost and that is so darn complicated I can't Dis at the same time!) The bridge is Tower Bridge, the Ravens are the birds which apparently if they leave the monarchy will fall and the guys in red are called the Yeoman of the guard. They do a good guided tour but as we were with the girls we did our own tour. :laughing: London Zoo is next on our list as we've never been there!

Night Peeps. :wave:

Thanks for teaching me things again! I can always count on my fellow DISers to broaden my knowledge! Goodnight Jo! Sleep tight!

Snow I have PF and I have been using an arch strap, not the one dance showed you, I ordered it from footsmart its a felt band that wraps around your ankle, then there is an elastic band that wraps around the bottom of your foot, you set the tightness...it might be better for you...Ilove mine

the exercises I do are the ones denes link showed and I also sit with my ankle on my opposite knee and pull my toes backwards and hold it for a count of 10, and do this 3 times, (30tretches) 3 times a day

also, ice makes my foot hurt worse, i find that if I put the heating pd on my foot it feels much better...
I havent t4ried heat. I have beenicing because it is inflamed. I will give it a try though. Cant hurt.Might help;)

OMG I'm never around for the big pages you normally do it whilst I'm asleep so Whoooo Hooooty
WOOOOO HOOOOTY 80000
Have you tried the injections? I had them a few months back and they really helped. Sounds like with all your issues that may be the only solution for you. Do you do any of the stretching exercises at all? My Dr said I had to do them about 3 times a day at minimum to really help and I can tell when I dont do them.
No. I am TERRIFIED of needles. I had both kids natural childbirh and not one shot after my recent surgery. I just cant do it. Uh Ah .No Way Jose. I was asking about what exercises to do. My chiropracter ordered my heel inserts and my insurance does not cover podiatry.

Snow, I"m with you on the needle thing!! (I also had 3 kids, all 10#+ NO needles, all natural!! Just a lot of prayer!!)

I think the paraffin would be a great idea!! THANKS for sharing that Sparkie!!

I know I had to be deligent at first, but I still get swelling, crocs are a HUGE help... as are the exercises (and when the ankle is huge, and the pain horrible, advil and ice!!)

GOOD LUCK!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!