DISappearing Peeps...A fastpass to THIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it's a dip. I take about 1/3 cup with 2 mini pitas or 1/2 large pita and enjoy. It's about a 150 calorie snack. Very filling. I also put a small schmear on a piece of fish last night.... oh so good!

Tzatziki:
1 pound (1 pint) plain yogurt (whole milk or low fat)
1 cucumber, unpeeled and seeded
1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
1 tablespoon Champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (1 lemon)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh dill
Pinch freshly ground black pepper
Place the yogurt in a cheesecloth or paper towel-lined sieve and set it over a bowl. Grate the cucumber and toss it with 1 tablespoon of kosher salt; place it in another sieve, and set it over another bowl. Place both bowls in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours so the yogurt and cucumber can drain.
Transfer the thickened yogurt to a large bowl. Squeeze as much liquid from the cucumber as you can and add the cucumber to the yogurt. Mix in the sour cream, vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, dill, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper. You can serve it immediately, but I prefer to allow the tzatziki to sit in the refrigerator for a few hours for the flavors to blend. Serve chilled or at room temperature.

Dismom- Thanks, I'm usually lurking, but trying to post more! :goodvibes

Sounds hard but GOOD! I wrote it down now, or it'll be lost in the pages....

theboys.jpg
[/IMG]

Me and the boys in WDW! Oh and I am in the middle!

Very Funny Fidgey! We have similar pictures of that same troll! There are certain photos every family takes and the Norway Troll is one!

Count me in too Sandy!!!! Dont be too exclusive. I 'd hate for anyone to get their feelings hurt. I KNOW all too well how that feels, and it's not good.

It would be very easy to keep track of bios and recipes.

Well I am off to take the kids to art,go to the gym,pick up dinner for DH and me,pick the kids up from church and then collapse.

Does anyone have any suggestions for healthy easy-to-take snacks/meals?If I wait until I get home at 8:00 to eat then I am starved.I have been cooking Lean pockets and taking them with me but want something different.

I've been bringing clementines with me.

You guys must be tired from all the chatting you did yesterday! I am still at work, but I decided to check in so I wouldn't be overwhelmed by 20 pages after church tonight!

DS did have bronchitis. I am so glad we went to the dr. today. Pneumonia in WDW would not have been fun. Last year my DD had an ear infection - very expensive at Disney and not fun! DS will be home the next 2 days doing breathing treatments every 4 hours. :sad2: But should be better by Friday. :cool1:

Have a great rest of the afternoon.

Oh, at lunch today I had 1/2 of a salad at O'Charleys (they don't list half salads, but you can request one - perfect size). However, I did share a piece of caramel pie with friend. :sad2:

The first time I went to WDW I was like 12 years old and I had an ear infection too (from the swimming pool at the friend's house we were staying at). :sick: I was on an antibiotic and we were late for lunch and my mom said I turned white as a sheet and passed dead out... :faint:

It was in the middle of summer so it was hotter than blue blazes. The only place cool was the AC bathrooms, so they drug me in there and poured cold water on me to cool me off... :cool1:

Wow, those are great memories of my first time, huh?!?! :rotfl:

Yes, it's a dip. I take about 1/3 cup with 2 mini pitas or 1/2 large pita and enjoy. It's about a 150 calorie snack. Very filling. I also put a small schmear on a piece of fish last night.... oh so good!

Tzatziki:
1 tablespoon olive oil
Place the yogurt in a cheesecloth or paper towel-lined sieve and set it over a bowl. Grate the cucumber and toss it with 1 tablespoon of kosher salt; place it in another sieve, and set it over another bowl. Place both bowls in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours so the yogurt and cucumber can drain.
Transfer the thickened yogurt to a large bowl. Squeeze as much liquid from the cucumber as you can and add the cucumber to the yogurt. Mix in the sour cream, vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, dill, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper. You can serve it immediately, but I prefer to allow the tzatziki to sit in the refrigerator for a few hours for the flavors to blend. Serve chilled or at room temperature.

ooooo yum! I love Z sauce!
Put it on grilled chicken on a pita...man, I'm getting hungry again!

MrGrumpydisneyBananaManGuy> Question... for anyone with the background knowledge (I have it rolling around my fuzzy brain somewhere.. )

When should you eat 1/2 hour before or after a workout, as I know your muscles need the fuel to burn... water for to prevent dehydration, but isnt there a protein rule somewhere, to eat a small amount of protien??? ( I remember this somewhere and try and grab a handful of almonds, or a small amount of chicken, or even tuna... drat my brain and CRS!!! (ie Cant Remember S... STUFF!!)

Two rules of thought. If you eat before exercise the protein has time to be burned up and if you eat after it satisfies that urg to eat you get from exercising in the first place. When I am faithful I eat 30 minutes before and water during and after to prevent dehydration.:yay:

All right, I set it up...

Post message: DisappearingPeeps@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe: DisappearingPeeps-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

I made it "private" in the sense that I dont want the yahoo surfers to find it, the WISH group - I dont think any of us have any problems with - we post knowing that there are 3X's the amount of lookseeys than posters...

BTW - - I'm "angelmum3" at yahoo... and every other message board (see I really didnt intend to stick around these boards... :rotfl2: and thought my username HAD to be disney related... eeyore = "thanks for noticing me")

So Dis and I went and worked out with our personal trainer tonight...then I came home and ate brocolli for dinner. :dancer:

Now I am feelign a little rumbly in my tummbly (and not in Pooh pooh: kind of way...well, maybe it is a pooh kind of way... SORRY! I couldn't resist...

Is that you Varouka Salt? :cutie:
I want an oompaloompa, and I want it NOW! ((Stomp))!

Hey, I'm making Sweet Potato Fries/Fires but without the parmessan cheese. I ran out. DOH! (slapping forhead)

Cant wait for the BBQ pizza- I always have ready grilled, sliced chicken.

I graze alot so I have to be careful. I do better with 3 meals (largest in the AM) and at least 2 small snacks. My biggest habbit to change is the water not diet Pepsi and fun exercise (which I've done a few days in a row).:cool1:

SCHWEEET I didn't think anyone got the ref. Should have know UTM got it...:banana:

I made the seet potato fries tonight and the lil woman ;) made turkey burgers. Diet might be getting to me or it is self fulfilling prophecy because I acted like a putz at dinner and went off on everyone :sad2:

SCHWEEET I didn't think anyone got the ref. Should have know UTM got it...:banana:

I made the seet potato fries tonight and the lil woman ;) made turkey burgers. Diet might be getting to me or it is self fulfilling prophecy because I acted like a putz at dinner and went off on everyone :sad2:

NO putzing allowed! Just Kidding....reduce my calories and WATCH how nice I am! Just appologize and kissem! Funny how the ones we love most get to see our mean side :eek: ...I hate freaking out on my kids or DH. NO one else gets to see me in my mean glory.

Grumpydude- Stick with it. It's hard, I know. You are doing everything right, it sounds like. I know anything worth having is difficult.

I made sweet potato fries too and added a smidge too much cayenne....ohbaby they were HOT and Gooood! I had two potatoes worth. I just cheated and ate when I wasn't the least bit hungry becasue someone hurt my feelings and rather than work it out, I inhaled a PBJ sandwich on WHITE BREAD!!!! :scared: It did make me feel temporarily better, but now I'm ascared of the damage! I only had 3 points left and that sandwich was a doozy.

I WANT to be skinny and I want it NOW!!!! ((stomp))

Hello everyone!! My name is Sandy. I was born and raised in NW Indiana, but my family is from Texas, so I often claim I left my heart in Texas. DH and I went to High School in Portage, my parents moved to Valparaiso, but I met dh when I went back to visit Portage... and the rest is history!! I used to witness door to door for the Lord back in High School, I've always had a strong faith, I believe in prayers and miracles!! DH and I started dating in 1977, got married in 1981... celebrated our 25th Wedding Anniversary in Disney this past September!! :goodvibes

We have been blessed with 3 "Angels" . DS 21, DS 18, DD 10!! I graduated from BALL STATE!! (a little after David Letterman, but he has made great contributions to Ball U!!) with a BS in EL ED. I stopped teaching after my first miscarriage, then when DS was diagnosed, I thought I should follow a different path!! DH graduated from Rose Hulman, a self proclaimed GEEK - electrical engineering, because in the old days they didnt have Computer majors - but he is a software engineer!!!

DH and I became involved with Boy Scouts when the boys did - they are now Eagle Scouts, and dh and I are Woodbadge Trained!! (dh 3 beader!!) I am trying to learn to scrapbook, dd and I just learned to knit, I love to read books, mostly kids books, and of course when I need to escape I read Regency Romance novels!! (they are short, easy, non thinking books, ALL with happy endings!!) My first trip to Disney was '75, then in '77... When dh and I got married, I thought to Honeymoon in Disney... took 25 years!! We got hooked at the Food and Wine festival, and did this twice... so far!! :goodvibes

Thank you for sharing!! :thumbsup2

Our minds almost always go to the gutter Bee! :rotfl2:

Sandy!!!! I loved your bio! I just love you!!!

:duck: I usually stay clear. when he is in one of those moods. :sad2:

Truth be known I have the much shorter temper!:furious:

Grumpy- really is a nice guy... most people wonder why we ended up together.. well, we complete each other.:love2: :rotfl2:

Grumpy made the fires tonight.. and he also may have put too much cayenne pepper.

Well I am off to take the kids to art,go to the gym,pick up dinner for DH and me,pick the kids up from church and then collapse.

Does anyone have any suggestions for healthy easy-to-take snacks/meals?If I wait until I get home at 8:00 to eat then I am starved.I have been cooking Lean pockets and taking them with me but want something different.

I cook more than I want to eat.. then I put some away for later and just reheat.

For instance tonight.. made extra turkey burgers, cooked some chicken breast and put it in the refrig.

Now tomorrow for lunch I can heat up 1-2 little grilled chicken tenders and put them on a salad... ready to go... takes less time to heat than a lean pocket and better for me.

So, when you get home from the store with your goodies.. prepare them right away so they become foods you can grab..

That is my suggestion... they become convenience foods.. because you dont have to work that hard.

OMG I got my heart rate up today

a GIANT BUG :scared1: (not really - well yes really) just fell out of the ceiling over my desk at work while I was "in the zone" working:surfweb: and I jumped up and screamed and ran jumping up and down around my office :scared: :scared:

Right now am fighting the urge to strip nekkid as I am itching all over and my skin is crawling....eeeuuuuuwwwww :scared1: :scared:

Thanks for letting me vent, now back to your regulary scheduled posting...

I will lurk til I get home late tonite

Now I'm all itchy too:eek: That would just freak me out!!!

I thought about how mothers feed their babies with tiny little spoons and forks, so I wondered what do Chinese mothers use? Toothpicks?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Tzatziki:
1 tablespoon olive oil

Thank you ....can't wait to try this. My husband made the anytime soup today and it was delicious. Do we remember who shared this with us. Whoever it was .....Thank you!!!!

All right, I set it up...

Post message: DisappearingPeeps@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe: DisappearingPeeps-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

I made it "private" in the sense that I dont want the yahoo surfers to find it, the WISH group - I dont think any of us have any problems with - we post knowing that there are 3X's the amount of lookseeys than posters...

BTW - - I'm "angelmum3" at yahoo... and every other message board (see I really didnt intend to stick around these boards... :rotfl2: and thought my username HAD to be disney related... eeyore = "thanks for noticing me")

Thank you...after I figure out what I need to do and SAY, I will write my bio.

We need to find a cheap dog stroller... the yorkie is too little to keep up (plus she has bad knees) so I carry her in a pink mess backpack that I wear in the front... and the sheltie is getting a little old and likes to take frequent rest breaks... DD usually ends up carrying her and she is a chunk... the dog is a chunk, not the daughter

My previous dog was a sheltie.:sad1: She died at the age of 12 1/2. She was a Christmas present that DH and I gave to each other. We actually bought her on Christmas day. Haven't seen any dog strollers.:sad2:

I've been bringing clementines with me.

I LOVE Clementines! Aren't they the best?

Hey I got that reference too, I just didn't have time to post. :sad2: Had to work today. Gotta love her when she turns into the giant blueberry and they have to go roll her out and squeeze the juice out of her.:rotfl: Serves her right!:rolleyes:

Hey this is my first multi quote.:cool1: That is so easy! Ok, I did pretty good at the cafeteria. I did get the veggie plate, but the fried okra and broccoli and rice casserole were SCREAMING my name.:sad2: It was very good. I did get green beans. That is green, so it is good isn't it. I guess I should go hang my head in shame now.:guilty:

I still have to walk the dogs, so I will be getting some exercise in.:yay: Oh and DS team lost 3-0 tonight. Maybe next time.....:rolleyes1

oooo all you smartiepants multi quoters!! :yay: no not that this!! :cheer2:

:rotfl2:

I see the button to pick +quotes... but I get nothin when I push it!! :rotfl2:

Backstage Gal figured out how to get in to yahoo groups - I dont know who and who's not gotten an email - feel free to pass it on!! I have kids, and have to keep getting on and off, dh is trying to run some Windows "test" on this laptop...

oh and

MrGrumpydisneydudephysicalfitnessknowitall... THANKS for the info!! It all gets overwhelming for me!! I appreciate your input!!! Protein, water... good!! Sugar, Girl Scout Cookies... bad!!! :)

oh and someone wanted to know about food... and someone posted... I believe maybe Bee??? To make extra, and pop it in plastic baggies, clementines, grapes are good, so is yogurt, you should also have one of those lunch box soft side coolers, so you can pop an ice pak in it and add yogurt, and you can buy chicken pre cooked/grilled...
GOOD LUCK HockeyMom hope Hockey Son had fun - both DS were in Hockey from age 3 - Thanks To Uncle Stan Mikita!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter