DISappearing Peeps...Vol. 3! All are Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just have to say I love it when you post! Not ONLY because I get to see that pic of Edward in your siggie, but that is one reason. :lmao: It always makes me smile. :goodvibes

I hope Wendy makes it over here in time to get the new thread started!

I have to say, it is a scrumptious picture! :goodvibes

All right, enough of my pity-party. Time to pick myself up, dust myself off, and figure out what I'm going to do to turn the tide.

Everyone needs to vent now and again - heck, you've seen my MIL posts!
You are an inspiration around here, you'll turn it around :)

I get up at 5:30 for school anyways. I do yoga in the morning though.

When I was in high school, I spend my study halls or free periods at the gym at school. I don't know if all high schools have free periods or allow you to work out there, but that definitely helped a bunch in the getting up early for school thing. :)

We had a blizzard here yesterday, so I'm on my way to work earlier this morning, since it will take a while to get there.

How is that possible? It's 60 degrees here today!! :)

i am up .8 this week..which means i am up a full lb in the last 2. i have no idea what is going on.everything is fitting better, i look/feel better i just dont' understand..i guess after the cruise i will really have to be super super strict and move ALOT more...i am just so frustrated staying at this weight range and now its just about 6 months to the wedding :( sorry for the pity party..i am just rather sad about it right now.

Thanks for all of the help with multi-quoting and images.
Here's a recent one of me:

n1380120083_3046.jpg

... and THIS one is an old one from DISNEY: (the pictures I use to inspire me to get back to that weight)
n1380120083_30273977_1032.jpg

The story behind this photo is that we were there during the summer, when it often rains in hte afternoon. So, I insisted we bring this poncho,despite my boyfriend thinking it was unneccesary.
It starts raining and I am ready to do my "I told you so" dance and I pull out my poncho... only to find its part of an old set... a jacket and pants... of which I only have the pants... My boyfriend Edward (and everyone around us) was laughing hysterically at me.
So, this photo is me trying to show that it could still protect us from the rain... somehow...:rolleyes1

Anyway, so, today's main event - my first weigh in. Since I've never weighed in before, I don't have a change. But, today I took my measurements and my weight and I'm going to weigh in every week and measure every 2 weeks. My weight was 171.0 and my goal weight is 145. I started plugging in my information to this weight loss tracker so that I can keep track of my BMI which is currently 27.
I went running today afterwards and boy am I out of shape! Also... as a side note for girls.. how the heck do you keep the girls from jiggling all over the place?! My sports bra was not as effective as I would have liked.

Congrats on everyone's progress! Keep up the good work!

fly by to say hello and i'm not weighing in today. my scale is telling me i weigh 152 and i know i have a gain this week but considering i weighed 135 last week, i seriously doubt i have THAT MUCH of a gain! i know that not exercising because of my broken toe has hampered the weight loss but i certainly don't think i gained 17 pounds in one week. :rotfl: time for a new scale!

i've been so busy lately i haven't had time to keep up with the peeps. hope you guys are all doing well! and having pretty numbers. :goodvibes

i am up .8 this week..which means i am up a full lb in the last 2. i have no idea what is going on.everything is fitting better, i look/feel better i just dont' understand..

If you feel great and your clothes fit betterthen is it possible that you are building muscle? While a lb of muscle weighs the same as a lb of fat, it is more dense and takes up less room. Try taking your measurements for a few weeks and see if the change is in there rather than what you are seeing on the scale. For me, the scale at the gym says I've only lost 2 lbs but my measurements have gotten smaller each time we've taken them.

Also... as a side note for girls.. how the heck do you keep the girls from jiggling all over the place?! My sports bra was not as effective as I would have liked.

I can totally relate to your dilema. The best sports bra I own was purchased from Victoria's a couple of years ago. (I really didn't wear it much for a long time so it's still in good shape.......) Even though it's the best one I've found, I still have to wear two sports bras while running or anything else that has a lot of movement. The second bra I wear cost $5-10 at Walmart. It is an off the rack cotton sports bra that is actually a cup size smaller than I normally wear. I'm rather squished when I'm in it but I don't bounce all over the place and I'm not sore when I get done.

This morning, I claimed a gain on the scale. I figured, I'll own up to it and move on. I had breakfast and then the bathroom gods graced me and I'm sure I would've had a loss if they had visited sooner. I'd claim a mulligan and weigh tomorrow but DH and I had sushi for dinner and I know I'll be retaining water because I had soy sauce.

first things first: I'm down 1.4 this week.
Oh, how I wish I could be one of those people who either doesn't need to watch what they eat, or just don't care how they look and feel. Unfortunately, I'm neither one so this is going to torment me for the rest of my life!

I knew others would step up and tell you that it is probably muscle and fluid retention from strength training, so I don't need to tell you this. But I did have to comment on what I quoted. I think you have succinctly stated what is true for everyone on this thread.

As someone who lost the bulk of my weight 18 years ago, I tell you that it is a constant battle. We can never expect to be "there" and able to give up the attention to diet and exercise. That's just part of who we are. Some people can eat a tremendous amount and not gain weight. Some are happy with themselves no matter what their weight. There have been times when I've thrown in the towel, but then the weight crept back and made me miserable again. Sometimes I think, "Why bother?" because I'm never going to be a swimsuit model, or a size 2.
There was a defining moment, though, when I decided I would never just give up. A few years ago, I saw a woman on some show, (I think it was Oprah), and this woman weighed about 400 lbs. She said that she had dieted down to 200, but couldn't get below that, so figured dieting wasn't worth it. I thought to myself, "That's what is out there if I just give up." Better to struggle and have a BMI of 25 or 30, than give up and have one of 60 or 65.
:love: to all the peeps who lost, gained, or stayed the same this week. Never give up. It IS worth it.

All right, I've calmed down a bunch since this morning. I'm still not happy with what the scale is telling me, but I went through my shorts tonight in preparation for summer (never mind the fact that we're supposed to get 4-7 inches of snow tomorrow!), and I'm getting rid of 5 pair of shorts that are simply WAY too big on me! I was in a very snug 38 at my heaviest, and the shorts I bought last year are either 33 or 32. So that definitely helped my mood a bunch. Plus I dug up my "before and after" picture, and that reminded me how far I've come. (And I guess I really should pay attention to the quote in my own signature below.) So thanks for putting up with my venting!

Since we're posting pictures, here's one from last summer. It is also my Facebook photo, but I'm not one for having my picture taken, so I don't have many to choose from. I have one that was taken last weekend, but that's still on the camera. So I'll put that one when we get the new thread started...

n1552671106_30026516_2032.jpg

Danielle - we must have been posting at the same time. I think you put it perfectly why all of us keep on getting up when the scale knocks us down. For me, I figure that if I would just give up, I'd be as unhappy as I was for about an hour this morning; only every hour of every day until I did something about it. And that's really not worth it. It's funny though, a possible reason I gained is because of the exercising that I've been doing. But a few years ago, I wouldn't be able to do 1/10 of the exercising I do now. Of course, it always takes others to point that sort of thing out to me. I think I typify the old saying "you can't see the forest for the trees".

All right, off to bed. Have a great weekend everybody!

first things first: I'm down 1.4 this week.

I knew others would step up and tell you that it is probably muscle and fluid retention from strength training, so I don't need to tell you this. But I did have to comment on what I quoted. I think you have succinctly stated what is true for everyone on this thread.

As someone who lost the bulk of my weight 18 years ago, I tell you that it is a constant battle. We can never expect to be "there" and able to give up the attention to diet and exercise. That's just part of who we are. Some people can eat a tremendous amount and not gain weight. Some are happy with themselves no matter what their weight. There have been times when I've thrown in the towel, but then the weight crept back and made me miserable again. Sometimes I think, "Why bother?" because I'm never going to be a swimsuit model, or a size 2.
There was a defining moment, though, when I decided I would never just give up. A few years ago, I saw a woman on some show, (I think it was Oprah), and this woman weighed about 400 lbs. She said that she had dieted down to 200, but couldn't get below that, so figured dieting wasn't worth it. I thought to myself, "That's what is out there if I just give up." Better to struggle and have a BMI of 25 or 30, than give up and have one of 60 or 65.
:love: to all the peeps who lost, gained, or stayed the same this week. Never give up. It IS worth it.

I love what you said! I seem to be stuck at about 150 pounds. I have bounced around a bit (between 149 and 155) since Thanksgiving, but I am not making much progress. There are times when I have wanted to just BAG IT and give up! But I figure I am far better off maintaining at 150 than I was at just "surviving" at 200+ pounds.

When I see very large people, I usually remind myself "There, but for the grace of God, go I". I KNOW I am just one more "fall from the wagon" or one more "I give up" from joining them in the 200+ club. And that is not where I want to live my life.

All right, I've calmed down a bunch since this morning. I'm still not happy with what the scale is telling me, but I went through my shorts tonight in preparation for summer (never mind the fact that we're supposed to get 4-7 inches of snow tomorrow!), and I'm getting rid of 5 pair of shorts that are simply WAY too big on me! I was in a very snug 38 at my heaviest, and the shorts I bought last year are either 33 or 32. So that definitely helped my mood a bunch. Plus I dug up my "before and after" picture, and that reminded me how far I've come. (And I guess I really should pay attention to the quote in my own signature below.) So thanks for putting up with my venting!

Since we're posting pictures, here's one from last summer. It is also my Facebook photo, but I'm not one for having my picture taken, so I don't have many to choose from. I have one that was taken last weekend, but that's still on the camera. So I'll put that one when we get the new thread started...

n1552671106_30026516_2032.jpg

Number one, I love that photo of you. I have seen your "before" photos and I am struck at not just how much slimmer you are, but how much younger you look. It is amazing how being overweight can age your appearance.

Number two.... I'm glad you snapped out of your funk. And I'm glad you felt free to come here and vent. Isn't what this "community" is all about?
Glad that your wardrobe review made you feel better. I need to do some of that.

Yesterday I spent the time to iron a top that I like but haven't worn in a while. When I put it on it hung like a sack. So away into the "give-away" bag it went, along with it's sister.... same top/different color. This is my third or fourth bag of clothes to get rid of in the last year. My wardrobe is almost as slim as I am! But I hate the idea of buying lots of new clothes before I hit (and maintain for a while) my goal weight. So I keep limping along with what I have, and I fill in as needed with a purchase or two at the Goodwill.................P

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!