Disappointed with Be Our Guest

cedricandsophie

DIS Veteran
We went to Be Our guest a couple weeks ago. For the price, I was disappointed. The food was just ok although the filet was very good The drinks were expensive. It was packed and very loud. And the beast walked thru the rooms a couple times but did not stop for pictures. I guess I didn’t do my homework. I expected Belle and the Beast and I thought there would be time for pictures. Another one and done. Over $300 for 4 people.

We went to Be Our guest a couple weeks ago. For the price, I was disappointed. The food was just ok although the filet was very good The drinks were expensive. It was packed and very loud. And the beast walked thru the rooms a couple times but did not stop for pictures. I guess I didn’t do my homework. I expected Belle and the Beast and I thought there would be time for pictures. Another one and done. Over $300 for 4 people.
I thought the filet was excellent but I agree. It's a one and done for us too.

My wife and I were just talking about this. I know I’m frugal, but the value proposition just isn’t there for this one any more. I’m wondering if they’ll ever return to pre-pandemic options there.

Agree with the OP experience - its a one and done. Its nice to say you were there, but its nothing I would go out of my way for again.

Pre Covid, there were numerous pictures WITH the Beast in a separate side area. It was wonderful. I have pictures of my GROWN daughter actually going ga-ga over the Beast. It was so funny and heartwarming at the same time.

I'm very sorry you were disappointed and I understand. Over the years have gone at least 6 times and in January with just DH and myself. Decided that's the last time. Aside from the Beast not coming out often and my usually excellent steak being tough, I'm done. Will save the very sizeable money.

We haven't been since they went from QS to Prix Fixe and most likely won't. We aren't into character meals so the lack of any is no big deal but even back when it was QS, one breakfast trip and one lunch trip were one and done for us. I always found it just way too noisy.

Totally agree. An overpriced, lackluster experience.

We had so many disappointing TS experiences our last two trips that we decided to wing our next trip. Rented a 1 br villa at VGF and will eat there mostly and QS in the parks.

Totally agree. An overpriced, lackluster experience.

We had so many disappointing TS experiences our last two trips that we decided to wing our next trip. Rented a 1 br villa at VGF and will eat there mostly and QS in the parks.
What other TS meals were disappointing for you?

What other TS meals were disappointing for you?
Yachtsman and CRT in particular. First times we had bad experiences at them. Actually, Beaches and Cream was the best we had - service, food, etc.

The fact that it’s kinda easy to get bog says it all it’s not what it once was
Totally agree! We booked next month's trip at about 3ish weeks out. We have our pick for BOG every day, lunch and dinner, with multiple times available.

This place needs work. Menu is small and includes choices that are fairly exclusionary (escargot, duck). Quality of food is low - I had better French onion and braised short ribs from the tap house grill. Portion sizes are tiny - just looked at my wife after finishing and said we will need a snack tonight 🙄.

For a $320 meal for 4, this needs a lot of work. The experience of dining in the castle is cool. But the price is about double what it’s worth right now. This is just a tad above banquet fare at this point. Not impressed.

The fact I booked a last minute trip and 3 weeks and there a ton of bog reservations available speaks volumes bog is the ultimate one and done.

It was a must do for us for a long time and we went several times over the past few years. For our next trip, I put my foot down and told my daughter no more. Plus, she 11 now and I have to pay $$ for her to eat almost nothing there.

I encourage everyone to write an email to guest services detailing your disappointment. We loved BOG prior to Covid especially meeting the Beast following completion of your meal. The photos made great memories for my kids. I’m really surprised it hasn’t returned taking into account the overall total cost and obvious customer dissatisfaction with several options for seatings up until weeks before trips.

The lobster soup was taken off the menu and the dessert trio is made for kids (too sweet and one truffle as a dessert choice?). I usually end up requesting the vegan dessert. We switched over from CRT and had been to BoG on every trip pre pandemic. Now we chose CRT on one of our nights and Ohana on the other (despite the inedible beef).

There is no reason why the picture with the beast is not back. We have some great pictures with our older kids.

Went once after they changed to TS from QS and never again. LOVED it for breakfast AND lunch as QS but will not ever return again to TS - too expensive and honestly not that good.

We were there last year for dinner. I disliked it. The filet was excellent and servers were fine. But the price was way too high and I too was disappointed that the beast couldn’t stop. I obviously didn’t do my homework. But it’s a one and done.

We went earlier in the month and walked away thinking it was an outstanding experience. The escargot were yum and the filet were a good size and perfectly cooked, the desserts were very sweet but it was fun to have the Gray Stuff nonetheless. I think we just had a Sprite or something with it so at around $65 per person I felt it was appropriately priced, kind of vibed like I was on the Cruise Ship so that was nice. The Beast costume seemed very awkward so I understood why he just circled the room. I would think maybe a princely chair with Beast sitting and Belle next to him for photos would work well

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter