DISboards.com Hertz Discounts up to 40% and FREE Hertz Gold Plus Rewards Membership

one11sgt

Mouseketeer
Dollar has the lowest rates by but you should def join dollar express and skip the line at MCO cause it also always has the longest line!

Ranger111

DIS Veteran
Just to update, esp. after some strange stuff???

Hertz is seldom -- but you never know -- the cheapest. But Hertz has given me the cheapest I could find on a Sept. 2015 rental with a free additional driver. But, know that most of the time Hertz will be more $$$...but not always. Never hurts to try -- and keep trying. I got an $80 rate for a week with free additional driver for a full-size. Not bad, but that rate was only around for a little bit...

FLRes123

Earning My Ears
One point in favor of Hertz: I think free additional driver is standard for them while the discount chains have daily additional driver fees that can double your rates. Check the fine print when booking.

• poohs4me

DIS Veteran
    This discount would only drop my price by 3-4% off rack rate. It was only a couple of dollars per day. Yes this adds up, but no where near 40%

Ranger111

DIS Veteran
    This discount would only drop my price by 3-4% off rack rate. It was only a couple of dollars per day. Yes this adds up, but no where near 40%
    Silly Old Bear -- any discounts or lack thereof, depends on the day, Pooh, depends on the day. Heck, even depends on the hour of the day. At 10 p.m. tonight, this CDP might give 60 percent off, but at 11 p.m. today, it might actually be more $$$ to use this particular CDP....depends on the moment, I guess would be the best way to put it. :-)

thewelts

Mouseketeer
    I normally rent through Hertz, but I would have needed to take UBER off-site to pick up a car.

I just rented from Alamo at Shades of Green. You can easily walk there from the Polynesian or Grand Floridian. It is literally across the road from the Poly - one a paved path with a designated crosswalk. It was an easy .7 mile walk from the Grand Floridian Villas.
    There was no wait. I had my car within minutes.
    Super convenient
    I highly recommend.

Also, be sure to re-check rates within the 2 week window. My rates dropped from $66/per day to $33/day (one way rental - drop off at FLL Airport)

katallo

DIS Veteran
    I like the fact you get a free additional driver with AAA. This trip we are going to try their Plate Pass since we will be there several weeks. We think it will be worth the 24.75 plus tolls for that length of time. Hopefully that will go well.

• mmouse37

DCL Diva!!
    I like the fact you get a free additional driver with AAA. This trip we are going to try their Plate Pass since we will be there several weeks. We think it will be worth the 24.75 plus tolls for that length of time. Hopefully that will go well.
    I don't live in Florida but I got myself a SunPass transponder to use each time we go to Florida. It has been fantastic and I never have to worry about tolls anymore while in Florida. You can sign up at SunPass website. It has suction cups to attach to windshield so I pop it on and off each trip. It stays in my "bag of travel essentials" so I never forget it. I loaded it with the minimum amount needed and it automatically replenishes via my credit card when funds run low.

MJ

katallo

DIS Veteran
    I've thought about Sunpass. We have EZ pass which you cannot use in FL. We have heard by the end of 2016 they are trying to convert things on the East Coast to one system. I thought it might be easier to just use Plate Pass this time.

Ranger111

DIS Veteran
    There are a fair number of CDP's out there. You just have to find one that you are legitimately allowed to use. The one mentioned in the original post here gives a decent discount at times. Others give better discounts, at times.

For example, I just booked with a decent CDP and my rental cost went from over $700 for Hertz' standard rate to $273. Cheapest comparable rental from Costco was $282 from Budget.

So, pretty close on $$. Both include a free additional driver (Hertz gives you a free additional driver when you are Gold Plus member).

Rather get the Royal Treatment from Hertz as well as save a few $$, so going with Hertz.

I can't share the CDP I am using as the terms and conditions prohibit my sharing it and I did agree to them. It is out there, however.

• Ranger111

DIS Veteran
    Is original post discount code still valid?
    Of course it is! The easiest way to check is to try it yourself -- :magnify:

People seem to have an especially tough time putting the code in the right box on the Hertz quote request.

It is not always the cheapest, but it is not a bad code. At the moment, it is giving a rate that is $10 more per day than the CDP I usually use, but it is still about $20 a day cheaper than the Hertz "rack rate."

Of course, Hertz rates are often up there, but, depending on where and when you pull a quote, Hertz can be the cheapest of all -- even below the bottom-feeding Payless, etc.

The best deal here in my opinion is getting the free second driver through the Hertz Mumbo Jumbo club, or whatever the name of it is -- as mentioned in the OP.

The CDP mentioned in the OP comes back to DREAMS UNLIMITED TRAVEL -- they are an agency that seems to pinpoint Disney travelers -- have no idea how competitive they happen to be.

There are better CDPs out there for Hertz, but again, the OP CDP is better than nothing. Give it a try YOURSELF> Just go to Hertz.com and plug it (or any other codes you have) in.

Last edited:

goofy4tink

No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator
    Of course it is! The easiest way to check is to try it yourself -- :magnify:

People seem to have an especially tough time putting the code in the right box on the Hertz quote request.

It is not always the cheapest, but it is not a bad code. At the moment, it is giving a rate that is $10 more per day than the CDP I usually use, but it is still about $20 a day cheaper than the Hertz "rack rate."

Of course, Hertz rates are often up there, but, depending on where and when you pull a quote, Hertz can be the cheapest of all -- even below the bottom-feeding Payless, etc.

The best deal here in my opinion is getting the free second driver through the Hertz Mumbo Jumbo club, or whatever the name of it is -- as mentioned in the OP.

The CDP mentioned in the OP comes back to DREAMS UNLIMITED TRAVEL -- they are an agency that seems to pinpoint Disney travelers -- have no idea how competitive they happen to be.

There are better CDPs out there for Hertz, but again, the OP CDP is better than nothing. Give it a try YOURSELF> Just go to Hertz.com and plug it (or any other codes you have) in.
    Dreams Unlimited Travel is the company that sponsors these boards. Are their offered discounts the lowest? Not usually. But I guess it's better than nothing.

Ranger111

DIS Veteran
    Dreams Unlimited Travel is the company that sponsors these boards. Are their offered discounts the lowest? Not usually. But I guess it's better than nothing.
    The key phrase is not usually. I have one Hertz CDP that is "golden" and seems to give fantastic rates ALMOST all the time -- cheaper than ANY car rental firm available through Costco (Budget, National, etc), cheaper than any companies on carrentals.com etc.

But, note I said ALMOST. Sometimes it is higher than the rack rate -- and much higher than the city deals through Thrifty, etc.

Depends on the day, as I have said before, depends on the day.

I also have a great code for National -- It used to be the go-to, but lately Hertz seems to beat it.

Hey, I have no trouble with renting from any of the usual players, National, Hertz, Budget, Thrifty, Enterprise, Dollar, Avis. They are all fine. I will take whatever of those is cheapest. I avoid Payless and a few others, although I have never had any trouble with Ace.

Don't forget, if you go with Hertz, go for their club, it is worth it for the free second driver.

You don't have to use the links in the post, but if they are really from the company that provides these boards, seems only fair to give them a half of a centavo or whatever they earn from the clickthrough.

Last edited:

richmo

DIS Veteran
    Just wanted to add that my last rental at MCO was with Hertz...and it was the least expensive among the in-terminal agencies. I probably haven't rented from Hertz for over 20 years, and that was probably on business. I used a AAA code and coupon.

Before arriving, I signed up for #1 club so the rental experience was as easy as Alamo's...just head out to the garage and to the car.

I doubt I'll be using Hertz every time, but I'll be sure to check their rates along with the others...

dawz1026

DIS Veteran
    Join the PTA and they have discounts for Hertz.Took off close to 200.00 on a minivan!

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates