Disboutiquers Part 12 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh My Gosh Tom, I love the new dresses :love:The Strawberry one is my Favorite.

I really need to get my hiney in gear and bead the Minnie head onto Katies T but I just cannot find the motivation :lmao:

My BIL called dh last week and said " I would like to get married on April 11th. Can you all help us since you are in GA and we are in Chicgo:scared1: So to say the least my DH has become a wedding planner :lmao::rotfl2: He is also the best man, the girls are Flower girls and Tyler is Ring bearer. To add to the insanity DH and I have a golf tournament on Friday.

The only thing that is keeping me hanging on is my tickers below:rotfl:

Hey y'all!!
Been doing some major cleaning of the sewing room that exploded!! I have a ton of extra fabric I'm needing to part with (good stuff but I need the room for my DH's office stuff - grr). Can we post fabric for sale here or is that a no-no?

Selling is a no-no. But, you could post pics over on the trade thread....and what happens in PMs stays in PMs.:rotfl:

Tom inspired me to finally do something with the blog that I created several months ago. SO, here's the link

http://joyofcreating.blogspot.com/

If you blog, and you're on blogger, I'd love to link you and/or follow your blogs. Feel free to do the same if you would like.

I followed you! Abby is GORGEOUS!!! Did you book Chef Mickey's for that dress yet???

:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:Oh my Gosh I hadnt noticed it was so close to moving time. :dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

It is moving time...

BUT WHERE OH WHERE IS TERESA???
:confused3;)

Lilyfriends330-1.jpg

Lilyfriends327-1.jpg

Too many Lily's??? This is also Lily's Easter dress
Absolutely adorable!!!! I love the fabrics and its just the perfect Easter Dress...that Lily is so cute!

Ladies...I'm loving all the dresses made from the new Carla pattern! Beautiful work everyone!!!
Well weather right now is predicting 60 degrees for Sunday :headache:
Well, I know of this really cute pattern you could try...:rotfl:surely you've got some flowers and dots in your stash......;)

AND just as an aside....The name SIMPLICITY is, I think, misleading. I've had some not so simple simplicity patterns.
Yaaa....agreed...I think they get charged by the word to write directions...so they hardly make sense...and the pictures are almost useless....my motto is Carla C or nothing....I would rather not sew.

I'm off to clean my house! I tend to let the clutter build when I'm writing. We've got my parents and some of Del's co-workers coming for Easter dinner, so I definitely need to shine things up around here!

Thanks again for all the LOVE!
Thanks Carla.....love ya right back!!!! :goodvibes

Teresa...somehow I deleted your post...I am sorry...I wanted to say again how much I love the fabric and dress and Lydia is just so pretty! How is the horsey and what did she name him? or is it her??

Sorry I haven't been posting much lately, but there have been a few things going on lately in RL, I tend to keep things to myself, but since things are calming down a bit, I thought I would share my latest project.
Here is Leighanna's Easter dress made using the new Precious Dress pattern. I made a few additions, but the basic construction is the same.
Oh, if you haven't checked my Blog in a while, this might be a good time to! Just sayin'!
PreciousEasterDress003.jpg
PreciousEasterDress001.jpg
Do you know I check for your updates everyday??? And today..I happen to get on the Dis before the blog...and here you went and updated. I hope its good news!
In any case...Leighanna looks just beautiful in her Easter outfit! Great work! :thumbsup2

here is outfit number two for our 1900 park faire dinner.

cindy2001.jpg
Very pretty Michelle! I love the colors too! Was the pattern hard to do? Cindy looks great too!

Tom inspired me to finally do something with the blog that I created several months ago. SO, here's the link

http://joyofcreating.blogspot.com/

If you blog, and you're on blogger, I'd love to link you and/or follow your blogs. Feel free to do the same if you would like.
I just joined you....I started a blog...its so much fun...I would love to know how to make it fancier. I like the blog role too....I don't know how to do that.

Will we be moving tonight??? If we do...will someone alert me??? I got lost last time :lmao:

Moving already??? I hope we get it done before the weekend! :rolleyes1 I was 13 pages behind on this one....had no idea we moved....so I am doing my laundry early :laundy: and getting packed......

....ok I am all ready to go! :banana:

Well, I know of this really cute pattern you could try...:rotfl:surely you've got some flowers and dots in your stash......;)

I do have flowers and dots! I just don't have TIME. I'm on a trial for the next two days in court (for work), I'm getting together with my BFF on Friday night before she flies back to CA, Sat we have dance, errands, and a party for my husband's friend who's getting shipped out to his 4th tour to the Middle East. Sunday is Easter!

I do want to get this pattern though. Jeanne is assuring me that even I can conquer my fear of sleeves with this one!

I saw this beautiful dress from Mrs.Miller. :worship::worship:

The only problem is I have never sewn, well the was that 1 time when I was 10 for 4H.
Anyway, would this be wayyyyyyyyyyy over my head for a first project. Should I just go bang my head on the wall now?

I know, isn't that a beauty of a dress! I WISH we could talk her into doing a tutorial. PLEASE, LINNETTE! PLEASE do a tutorial!

I followed you! Abby is GORGEOUS!!! Did you book Chef Mickey's for that dress yet???

So, we're nuts. But after much discussion with my DH, we decided that we would take her to Epcot early one morning and take her to the character spot to have her picture taken, and then change her clothes so that she is more comfortable for the rest of the day. I think the pics will be better that way, PLUS, we'll have photopass. So, I guess I'll be hauling clothes through the park, but it'll be worth it!

We DID get the ADR's that we wanted. And I'm SO HAPPY! We're taking her to Cindy's for lunch on her birthday. We're going to OHana's one morning for breakfast, and we're having lunch at LeCellier on day (that's for me and DH - I'm sure she's going to be thrilled :rotfl:).

Yaaa....agreed...I think they get charged by the word to write directions...so they hardly make sense...and the pictures are almost useless....my motto is Carla C or nothing....I would rather not sew.

Thanks Carla.....love ya right back!!!! :goodvibes

I just joined you....I started a blog...its so much fun...I would love to know how to make it fancier. I like the blog role too....I don't know how to do that.

Moving already??? I hope we get it done before the weekend! :rolleyes1 I was 13 pages behind on this one....had no idea we moved....so I am doing my laundry early :laundy: and getting packed......

....ok I am all ready to go! :banana:

Isn't Carla the best? Yea, she's just the best. No simplicity patterns for me! Carla has truly spoiled me.

Thanks so much for following my blog! I'm gonna add a link to yours if that's ok? As far as layouts go - I got mine and followed the directions from www.thecutestblogontheblock.com They have TONS of layouts. Basically, you pick a background, click on it, and there will be this huge html code thing that you copy, go to the blogger dashboard and click on Layout > Add a Gadget > Add the thing that says html something > paste the code that you copied from cutestblog, and you've got a pretty layout! To add the blog role thing, you go to layout > add a gadget > then you can pick for followers, sites, etc. There's lots of little gadgets you can add, you just have to play around until you like what you've picked. I'm still trying to figure out several things. Good luck!

So cute! Glad your inspired. I find it relaxing to sew.

This is nice fabric. The dress came out nice. I love the Dick and Jane faric at the quilt stores. Guess I date myself.

:lovestruc:love::lovestruc:love: everything is really beautiful!

Thank you!

Love the capri set. The ric rac really sets off the bottom very well. I may have to try those headbands. AbbyGrace is beginning to refuse headbands. It's very, very sad.

Thanks! The headbands are extremely hard, just time consuming and they use a ton of ribbon! The bigger ones use almost 4yards!:scared1: Sydni will still wear a bow if she has a pony or pig tails, but most of the time she wants a headband!:sad2:

I saw this beautiful dress from Mrs.Miller. :worship::worship:

The only problem is I have never sewn, well the was that 1 time when I was 10 for 4H.
Anyway, would this be wayyyyyyyyyyy over my head for a first project. Should I just go bang my head on the wall now?

I think you could do this. I dont know what size you are hoping to make it in- This pattern was customized by Linnette, so you would do best to pick a pattern that's similar to this dress. Its very easy to add a second layer of skirt with ruffle (the white)
You might look at www.youcanmakethis.com for a pattern that is similar.
The Sami dress has a bit of a V neck- just skip the rickrack.
Or you can look at commercial patterns, but honestly, if you are brand new to sewing and want to take on a full fledged dress, the ebooks are always more details. You could also do CarlaC's pattern Simply Sweet dress and top- although there is no shirring in the back and the bodice goes straight across. But her directions are absolutely stellar for someone who hasn't sewed. She has clear photos with each step.

Once you have your skirt measurement for the green (again to get that hemline it will require some mods) it looks like you will want to measure your white fabric 1 inch longer than the point on the green fabric, then add a 2 inch wide ruffle, lay the green on top of the white fabric and pin together and gather as 1 piece of fabric.

If you would like help picking a pattern let us know- everyone is super helpful here! Can't wait to see the end result!!!
When in doubt, take a pic, post it with your question here and we will help you.:banana:

Morgan told me today she NEEDS 3 Easter dresses. :scared1:I think I talked her down to 2 (plus the silk she has already). But then the dolls would need matching dresses right? I have what 48 hours? Not like I need to sleep. LOL

So when we move, someone come find me ok? I will be hiding under my sewing machine LOL

Thanks! The headbands are extremely hard, just time consuming and they use a ton of ribbon! The bigger ones use almost 4yards!:scared1: Sydni will still wear a bow if she has a pony or pig tails, but most of the time she wants a headband!:sad2:

Aw, I was about to ask if they were easy or not. :sad1: Does Sydni keep them in all day? Megan always wants a headband and then I find it 20 minutes later around the house. Plus I keep her hair in a ponytail at school cause I'm afraid of bugs!

Megan is almost seven too and I tell her she will always be my baby!

Morgan told me today she NEEDS 3 Easter dresses. :scared1:I think I talked her down to 2 (plus the silk she has already). But then the dolls would need matching dresses right? I have what 48 hours? Not like I need to sleep. LOL

So when we move, someone one come find me ok? I will be hiding under my sewing machine LOL

Cindee Im right there with ya! I came to the conclusion today (when i saw SNOW out my window!!) that it's going to be too cold for the Feliz without a blouse. SO I am now trying to work on cutting out 12 flowers, 19 leaves, 12 flower centers, etc for the pooh quilt, and ran to Joann's tonight to buy fabric to make a blouse (going to use the precious dress pattern) to go under the Feliz. i also realized I never finshed the raw edges on my bottom ruffle on the feliz, so I have to do that too! Not to mention I need ot hem that white dress.
Cindee, I gotta ask, how is she going to where 2 (or 3) dresses in one day???

Cindee Im right there with ya! I came to the conclusion today (when i saw SNOW out my window!!) that it's going to be too cold for the Feliz without a blouse. SO I am now trying to work on cutting out 12 flowers, 19 leaves, 12 flower centers, etc for the pooh quilt, and ran to Joann's tonight to buy fabric to make a blouse (going to use the precious dress pattern) to go under the Feliz. i also realized I never finshed the raw edges on my bottom ruffle on the feliz, so I have to do that too! Not to mention I need ot hem that white dress.
Cindee, I gotta ask, how is she going to where 2 (or 3) dresses in one day???

LOL- No, no, no we have EVENTS LOL. It seems that you simply cannot wear the same dress to two different events. (Who knew? LOL) We have Easter Services, FCC Easter Egg hunt. Homeschool Egg Hunt, pictures, and Zoo Egg hunt. In all fairness we do have 2 days of events. Now for some "Morgan Logic"-she wants to wear a Chinese silk to Epcot for Easter, but doesn't want to wear a Chinese silk to a Chinese event:confused3.

Your post did just make me check the weather-it was cold here yesterday and chilly today. According to the weather it is going to be 87 Sunday, so that helps with the pattern planning. LOL

So when we move, someone come find me ok? I will be hiding under my sewing machine LOL
Cindee... you won't get much done hiding under it!!! :flower3:

Tell Morgan, that Leighanna wanted 3 dresses for Easter too! She was also VERY excited when I told her you commented on my blog! She just loves and misses Morgan!!:lovestruc

Cindee... you won't get much done hiding under it!!! :flower3:

Tell Morgan, that Leighanna wanted 3 dresses for Easter too! She was also VERY excited when I told her you commented on my blog! She just loves and misses Morgan!!:lovestruc

Tom-How sweet is that! Morgan was QUITE put out with me that Leighanna could not go to her "proper tea party" for her birthday. She wants to have another Birthday party the next time you guys come to Florida, so she and Lee can have Tea! :cutie:

LOL- No, no, no we have EVENTS LOL. It seems that you simply cannot wear the same dress to two different events. (Who knew? LOL) We have Easter Services, FCC Easter Egg hunt. Homeschool Egg Hunt, pictures, and Zoo Egg hunt. In all fairness we do have 2 days of events. Now for some "Morgan Logic"-she wants to wear a Chinese silk to Epcot for Easter, but doesn't want to wear a Chinese silk to a Chinese event:confused3.

Your post did just make me check the weather-it was cold here yesterday and chilly today. According to the weather it is going to be 87 Sunday, so that helps with the pattern planning. LOL

Well, see, when you put it like that, it makes perfect sense! :rotfl::rotfl: Of course a girl can't wear the same dress to two events!

And for some reason that I can not figure out at all, I JUST REALIZED that I don't have a new outfit for my son for Easter! :scared1::scared1: I've been concerned about what my DD was gonna wear, and have completely forgotten to get something for my son. I'll be up early in the morning at the mall hoping I can find something this late!

Seems like I lost some of my huge multi quote again so I'm just going to say I LOVE all the new dresses posted!!!!!! They have all been so beautiful! What a wonderful pattern!!!!

Everything else is adorable too!

Hey all!

Thanks sooooooo much for the kind words about my new pattern and about my eBooks in general! You ladies (and Tom) are my biggest inspiration, and I am so lucky to have you :grouphug:! Did you all know that this new eBook was actually Teresa and Heather's idea? I had considered doing such a style before, but was too chicken! The gave me the encouragement I needed! :cheer2:

I am so thrilled to see the dresses that the amazing testers made, too!!! Their input made the eBook so much better and more understandable! I can't wait to see more dresses made from this pattern. Since Louie won't wear dresses (except under extreme duress for fitting purposes), I have to live vicariously!

With regards to the hemline on the aline - the template in the updated version has a gentler curve. Try that one :thumbsup2 .

I'm off to clean my house! I tend to let the clutter build when I'm writing. We've got my parents and some of Del's co-workers coming for Easter dinner, so I definitely need to shine things up around here!

Thanks again for all the LOVE! :love::love::love:

Carla - LOVE the new pattern!! I can't wait to add this one to my library.

In 2007, when I found out I was pregnant with a girl, I set out on a hunt for a pattern like this... I had seen dresses made and knew that one of the Big 3 had once upon a time made a pattern (DH even called pattern manufactures about obtaining retired patterns.) I finally found a couple on :wizard: that I thought would be right, but when I finally got them, the instructions were scary!! I'm so happy there is now a CarlaC version!!

BTW - if you're looking for another pattern to make, I've got one for you :thumbsup2 ... there's a top I LOVE for my DD, but it only goes up to 24months. DD will out grow it soon, so I'm going to have to try my hand at scaling-up the pattern for toddler sizes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!